A thread for female troubles

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Paula

| 4,556 posts

29th Aug 2009 at 6:10 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

... or a thinly veiled attempt to stop myself feeling guilty about posting icky things that could have easily gone into the ninja killing thread. Also I can't remember the last time I started a thread

I haven't had a period in two months since I came off the contraceptive pill and it's got me worried. I know I'm not pregnant as my last boyfriend was two years ago and I haven't had so much as a kiss since then.

Worst part is that I've been spotting over the past week which has been getting my hopes up that it was just one missed month which happened a lot before I started the pill, but so far nothing. And I keep feeling like I've started only to find that it's nothing.

The earliest I can get to a family planning clinic to talk to someone about this is friday. So it's got till then to sort itself out

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

29th Aug 2009 at 6:20 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

I really don't think you should worry. Going on/coming off the contraceptive pill is well known to f*ck around with your hormones and mess up your menstrual cycle. I can't think of anything which could actually be wrong with you other than maybe PCOS which is sometimes supressed by taking the pill, and causes irregular/no periods. I personally think as it's only been a couple of months you shouldn't worry.

Paula

| 4,556 posts

29th Aug 2009 at 6:28 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

Quote: Jingle, Aug 2009
I really don't think you should worry. Going on/coming off the contraceptive pill is well known to f*ck around with your hormones and mess up your menstrual cycle. I can't think of anything which could actually be wrong with you other than maybe PCOS which is sometimes supressed by taking the pill, and causes irregular/no periods. I personally think as it's only been a couple of months you shouldn't worry.

Thanks, that's good to know

It's just irritating the f*ck out of me. I had irregular and extremely painful periods beforehand, to the point where I'd be unable to walk because of them. The pill sorted that all out, but sod's law, it also gave me chest pains after a few months.

I just want the damn thing over and done with

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

29th Aug 2009 at 6:34 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

Have you seen the doctor about stopping/switching brands? Could help.

Paula

| 4,556 posts

29th Aug 2009 at 6:39 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

I'll ask on friday. I'm pretty much committed to going now and it's easier than trying to fit an appointment into my schedule

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

1st Oct 2009 at 6:43 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Does anyone else get cramps in their bum that are like labour contractions? (not that I know what labour contractions feel like)

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

1st Oct 2009 at 7:17 pm

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

I dunno if im alone with this problem.

I've been on Cerazette since May and i <3 it. Ive not had a period since July and its been great.
Until a few weeks back whereby now, everytime i have sex, i spot a little.

I get nothing during the day when im out and about but the minute i head to the bedroom, i bleed ¬_¬

Stewart says he doesn't mind as it's not too much but its annoying and making me self conscious

Anyone else had this?

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

1st Oct 2009 at 7:47 pm

Πανδώρα -

my mate had something like that

turned out it was something about the cells in the cervix being the wrong type of epithelium for where & what it is
*burp*

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

1st Oct 2009 at 9:35 pm

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

what she do?
change pill?

cause i really like this one im on >_<

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

1st Oct 2009 at 9:46 pm

Πανδώρα -

nah, still on the same one
she was examined, told to go back a couple of weeks later if it was still happening to have it cauterised

it sorted itself out in her case, but either way, best to get examined
*burp*

Claire

| 15,814 posts

1st Oct 2009 at 9:47 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

You need to go to the doctor, not to scare you but it might not be connected to the pill at all. Everyone's different, you might have to come off that pill or you might not, there are plenty of others and at the end of the day your health and the effectiveness of your contraception should be more important than wanting to stay on a pill that causes problems just because you like it.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Paula

| 4,556 posts

1st Oct 2009 at 9:51 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

Quote: lauf of bread, Oct 2009
Does anyone else get cramps in their bum that are like labour contractions? (not that I know what labour contractions feel like)

At my worst I'd feel the cramps from just below my ribcage right down to my thighs, and it'd feel like my insides were trying to twist themselves apart. I once screamed at my cousin for saying that she had bad cramps, then rubbing her stomach and saying that made it better. She's either the luckiest b*tch in the world or she just doesn't know what cramps really mean

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

1st Oct 2009 at 10:55 pm

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

Quote: Claire, Oct 2009
You need to go to the doctor, not to scare you but it might not be connected to the pill at all. Everyone's different, you might have to come off that pill or you might not, there are plenty of others and at the end of the day your health and the effectiveness of your contraception should be more important than wanting to stay on a pill that causes problems just because you like it.

spose >_<

Have an appointment next week for my anxiety so i'll ask then

cheers ^^

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

2nd Oct 2009 at 12:39 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Quote: Kitten Heart, Oct 2009
Quote: lauf of bread, Oct 2009

At my worst I'd feel the cramps from just below my ribcage right down to my thighs, and it'd feel like my insides were trying to twist themselves apart. I once screamed at my cousin for saying that she had bad cramps, then rubbing her stomach and saying that made it better. She's either the luckiest b*tch in the world or she just doesn't know what cramps really mean

I get your normal kind in the stomach but I sometimes can't sit down because of the bum ones and I wondered whether it was definitely cramp because it's a different kind of pain entirely.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

2nd Oct 2009 at 1:48 pm

Πανδώρα -

goddamn implant

i am yet again without a "real" period, just f*cking clots & film
hardly anything even reaches the pads.

sick of it, it lasts over a week too, i'm going to end up having to shove a tampon in at the beach again if we go to faliraki
*burp*

Paula

| 4,556 posts

7th Oct 2009 at 5:13 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

Three months now, no period.

According to the Doctor anything up to six months is normal so I have no reason to worry.

Still not happy though. Don't like that it's so unpredictable

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

22nd Oct 2009 at 11:05 pm

Πανδώρα -

apologies now as this is going to sounds sick, even by my standards but...

ugh. i feel... swollen & finding out about this was rather uncomfortable

i know mam had the same swelling thing a while ago but... i can't ask her about it, i might even be imagining it, but :/
weird...
can't even tell if it's just because of the monthly as i can;t remember when my last was & it just comes & goes as it wants anyway, might just be that though
*burp*

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 6:47 am

Jewbacca -

I haven't had a period in almost 22 years and according to my profile I am female
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 1:34 pm

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

urgh so i've had to come off the cerazette.

It was causing me to be angsty, anxious and generally increased my depression tenfold. Since coming off it i've yet to have a panic attack, i've not been as depressed and im generally feeling better.

My main problem now is that every time i have sex, i end up bleeding o_o

I had my period and i got some spotting for a few days but after that, everytime i have sex, i get more spotting.
Its getting to be a real pain in the a*s and a total turn off and its putting me off sex ¬_¬
My boyfriend isnt bothered by it but its bothering me

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 6:29 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

This is the most sick a*s thread ever.

And so I don't feel it is wrong to ask - has anyone had any problems with yeast infections? Something has happened to me recently, I think it's the stress, and I'm just having a terrible problem with it. 3 months and 2 doctors trips and practically no let up

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 6:34 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Quote: Jingle, Oct 2009

And so I don't feel it is wrong to ask - has anyone had any problems with yeast infections? Something has happened to me recently, I think it's the stress, and I'm just having a terrible problem with it. 3 months and 2 doctors trips and practically no let up

Is it defo thrush?
can you not just use Canesten?

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 7:17 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

Quote: Valerie Holliday, Oct 2009

Is it defo thrush?

Yes, I had a test. And I have used that stuff about 7 times since July. It works but it comes back a week later. I'm on some prescription drugs now - but after the course is done I wouldn't be surprised if it came back. It seems I woke up one day and was suddenly prone. It did start around the time I broke up with my boyfriend/moved house/got busier at uni/started drinking more coffee/smoking more (though I've knocked those on the head now).

Claire

| 15,814 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 7:47 pm

Is it defo thrush?

Yes, I had a test. And I have used that stuff about 7 times since July. It works but it comes back a week later. I'm on some prescription drugs now - but after the course is done I wouldn't be surprised if it came back. It seems I woke up one day and was suddenly prone. It did start around the time I broke up with my boyfriend/moved house/got busier at uni/started drinking more coffee/smoking more (though I've knocked those on the head now).

I've never had thrush, but I know if you stop as soon as the symptoms disappear, that's why they come back, because there's still some infection there, so carry on with the Canesten for a bit after it all disappears (ie. as long as your doctor suggests). And don't use anything scented to wash down there. And make sure there's a lot of air to it (no tight jeans, sweat makes it worse). If it still doesn't go away your doctor should be thinking about further tests because there can sometimes be underlying causes, including stress.

While I'm here, boob ache mid cycle...normal?

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 8:05 pm

Πανδώρα -

1'is for me

usually how i judge when i'm going to come on

as for my thing up there, i think i was imagining it, but dove soap didn't agree with me, so i'm back on shower gel
*burp*

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 8:08 pm

learrggh -

thrush happens when the pH of your fanny gets disturbed, so check what you're using in the bath or shower, laundry detergent, anything else you might be putting up/near your foof, etc.

not that people powder their vaginas with persil, just sayin'.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 8:11 pm

learrggh -

as for the boobs, yeah it's pretty common. smt to do with the hormone levels during ovulation.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 8:18 pm

It's just one, sorta like achey unless I touch it in which case it's like it's bruised. Always the same one too. Was worried I'd be ironic (having small tits) and get breast cancer but apparently breast cancer is painless so I feel better now.

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 8:59 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

It's just one, sorta like achey unless I touch it in which case it's like it's bruised. Always the same one too. Was worried I'd be ironic (having small tits) and get breast cancer but apparently breast cancer is painless so I feel better now.

I had that problem a couple of years ago (age 21).. my boobs hurt for a good few weeks. Turned out they were just growing!!! Boo yeah! (boob yeah?). Went up a cup size.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 9:29 pm

I sincerely hope this is the case, but I am 23. Although, since only one side is hurting, I bet I'm going to end up with one huge boob and one small one.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 9:33 pm

Πανδώρα -

then you can join the club

is it the left one that's paining?

there's no real reason for me asking, i'm just nosey so feel free to ignore
*burp*

Claire

| 15,814 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 9:38 pm

Right. VR is a place of sharing.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 9:47 pm

Πανδώρα -

well if that one ever makes it to a D cup, i'll swap it for my C :3
*burp*

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 10:04 pm

Roxannie -

my left boob is bigger than my right one

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 10:08 pm

learrggh -

most people's left boob seems to be so.

also, claire, might be the underwire in your bra. particularly if that one boob happens to be bigger than the other.

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 10:29 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Maybe it's repetitive straining from all that snooker you play.

Edited by I Cunt Spell Oct 2009

Claire

| 15,814 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 10:42 pm

I was thinking that Leah, it's better in the morning when I've not had a bra on all night. I might have to get myself remeasured.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 10:42 pm

Jewbacca -

Claire I don't want to worry you but I too was told "cancer isn't painful" when I complained of testicular agony and we know how that turned out He put me on anti-biotics for a fortnight GPs are bloody useless, you need to get him/her to refer you to a proper doctor. It's probably nothing, but better safe than sorry and all that.

I just got away with testicle talk in the wimminz thread
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Claire

| 15,814 posts

26th Oct 2009 at 11:01 pm

Oh, it was just a google which said it's only 1 in 20 cases. If I'm the one in twenty after the year I've had someone's having a laugh at my expense. I haven't been to the doctors because I'm petrified of showing him my boob, but will if it doesn't get better before my days off.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

27th Oct 2009 at 11:43 am

learrggh -

you've checked for lumps and stuff, yeah?

Paula

| 4,556 posts

27th Oct 2009 at 12:16 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

I was thinking that Leah, it's better in the morning when I've not had a bra on all night. I might have to get myself remeasured.

I had to get remeasured after I put on loads of weight. La Senza do free fittings, although the girl at the one I went to didn't know how to measure cup sizes so she measured around my chest to get the 34 part (if there's a proper term I don't know it) and had me try on different sizes so she could advise on the fit. Turns out that not only was I wearing the wrong cup size, I also needed to adjust the straps at the back more than I did before the weight gain.

The Underwhelmed One

| 7,111 posts

28th Oct 2009 at 3:28 pm

Is it defo thrush?

My little sister suffered Really badly, but for her it was all about diet.Cutting down on yeast and sugar can really help. If you've been eating junk foods and foods high in sugar then it could be a similar issue to hers.

She cut down massively on fruit juice and bread products, as well as drinking those stupid digestive tract bacteria yoghurts which really really sorted her out.

Problem foods are supposedly too much fruit, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, sugar, yeast and refined carbs.

Garlic, probiotic yoghurts, starchy veg, lemons and leafy veg are all supposed to help.
I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Paula

| 4,556 posts

9th Nov 2009 at 9:55 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

Oh joy. Not only is Aunt Flo back with a vengeance, so are the cramps of death. And to think I wanted this. Right back to where I started. Crap

And if it helps soften the blow, my left breast is the bigger one

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

10th Nov 2009 at 10:04 am

Roxannie -

I've had my implant out and started on a pill that's supposed to get rid of acne. My spots are as bad as ever, I'm nauseous all the time, and my boobs huuuuuuurt

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

12th Nov 2009 at 8:05 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

How long have you been on it for Annie? Sounds like you might need to try a different sort...
Wife of the lovely Alice

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

12th Nov 2009 at 8:13 pm

Roxannie -

only 2 weeks. I finally got around to reading the "read this before taking any pills" leaflet, and it said that it can take months before the spots go away

A couple of days ago I had a spot on my boob. It was so big and so much puss came out, it was as though I'd sprouted and extra nipple and it was lactating.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

12th Nov 2009 at 8:18 pm

I think your body needs time to get used to the differing hormone levels. If you're no better in a month, see the doctor. But having said that, even now, I get nauseous/get spots and feel crap on the pill. It isn't a miracle cure.

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

12th Nov 2009 at 9:12 pm

I Cunt Spell -

I've recently stopped taking any form of contraception and I feel like a totally different person. I mean granted I had a lot of problems and taking hormones has never really been simple with the females in my family but still, I can't believe it. Espacially my libido, it's through the roof!
It makes me question how easily obtainable all these forms of contraception are. It's fair enough that you should be able to get it when you need it, but I've gone to the doctor about back pain before and came out with pills before and they totally condone mixing different hormones and running packets together for stupid reasons like holidays. In hindsight I didn't worry one jot about the effect filling my body full of hormones every single day for 5 years was having on my health and reproductive system, and there's absolutely nothing unusual about that.
That's about all I have to say really.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

13th Nov 2009 at 12:11 am

learrggh -

Quote: Annie, Nov 2009
only 2 weeks. I finally got around to reading the "read this before taking any pills" leaflet, and it said that it can take months before the spots go away

A couple of days ago I had a spot on my boob. It was so big and so much puss came out, it was as though I'd sprouted and extra nipple and it was lactating.

ohmy!

i was on microgynon for a few months when i was 16, it made my skin gorgeous for the brief period i was on it before it started making me throw up every morning like i was pregnant.

should prolly be trying that again for i am a pizza face, but eh.

if you don't have any problems with dry or peeling skin then products with retinol in can prolly help if you don't want to wait for a dermatologist.

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

13th Nov 2009 at 10:38 am

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

I only just found out about these contraceptive implants. Ohmygod. They last for 3 years! But they're big things under your skin you can FEEL. Ewwwwwwwwwww.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

13th Nov 2009 at 11:15 am

Πανδώρα -

yeah, but they're not massive & you forget about them quick enough once the hole heals :3
*burp*

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: