How do you help someone?

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Velvet Soldier

| 206 posts

24th Jan 2009 at 4:55 pm

The Turtle Moves

So, where to begin?

I live in a very small village and drink in the very local pub. A girl has moved in opposite the pub, living with her grandparents who are both really nice people. She's a drug addict and an alcoholic. She has been doing really really well, getting herself cleaned up and going to counseling for her various problems.

Her grandparents had gone away for a week, leaving her and her partner in the house. On Thursday her partner came running over to the pub, and said girl had not only gotten completely wasted on alcohol, but also taken a vast amount of drugs. She'd passed out at the top of the stairs, fallen down and was now in an unconscious heap at the bottom. We got an ambulance, kept her still etc (luckily me and a friend I was with had done first aid for years) and sent her off to hospital. She's done herself quite a bit of damage, including damaging three bones in her neck apparently.

Anyway, it just really upset me, not just because she has so much potential that she is chucking away, but because her grandparents had to come home to this, and they don't deserve it. Was really sh*t for everyone. And now we have to wait to find out if there is any permanent damage.
Why call it civil service when the service is anything but civil?

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page