Food company in court wants child to have child ab

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

lovegodfirst

| 3 posts

10th Sept 2008 at 2:43 am

VR kicks ass!

Hello,

You believe that children should be kept healthy and without pain? You think children that have diarrhea or vomit are sick? Do you think that people who intentionally cause children to have diarrhea or vomit are doing child abuse? The key word here is intentionally. As a parent of an abused child I am asking you these questions because in the United States one can find a Fortune 500 company that has a former Bush Home Land Security advisor, Steve Burd, as its CEO believing that children should have diarrhea and vomit and this makes me upset because I know how it feels to have diarrhea or to vomit. I feel pain doing either of those two things. This company stated that it is alright for that to happen to children in a law suit. Thus I have no problem showing that Safeway believes in child abuse . No one at the time of the court case noticed that what this company was stating can be considered child abuse under the law. I once had to protect a child from a couple of child abusers so I read up on child abuse laws which can be found on the net at the federal government's Child Welfare Information Gateway. When you read the state statutes you will notice that the statutes not only include physical abuse but also mention mental or emotional health abuse as forms of child abuse. Well if one tells a child that it is alright to have diarrhea or vomit everyday that has to have an impact on the childs mental or emotional health. What you are stating is it is good to be sick. We give people psychotherapy who eat and then vomit up the food or take laxatives so that they can diarrhea the food out they eat because of various psychological reasons. The terms for these medical conditions are anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa thus as a society we recognize doing things to have food come out as either diarrhea or vomit as abnormal. Now also consider what happens to a child's body if that child has diarrhea or vomits everyday. This has to have a physical impact on the body. For example vomiting brings up stomach acids to areas where the acids are not meant to be and thus the areas get acid burns.
A child got sick (diarrhea) from drinking milk because he was lactose intolerant which is a genetic condition thus it is a medical condition. He asked Safeway to put up warnig labels for people like him. Safeway told him no. So a court action happen on this. In court he was told that it is alright for him to drink milk because milk is good for him. Well the problem with that is that the courts in the US look for child abuse during custody cases when deciding who should get custody of a child. The courts look at medical conditions and decide is the person committing child abuse because he or she is not taking into account the child's medical condition when taking care of the child. Thus if the parent gives a lactose intolerant child milk he or she is committing child abuse because he or she is not talking into account the child's medical condition. If you do not believe me here are a couple of cases which mention lactose intolerance: Jami Duer v. Michael Trent Moonshower case # 15-03-15 ( "Raelan has several medical problems including being lactose intolerant, diaper rash, and leg and eye problems, all of which require proper medical attention" (Ohio 2004)) and South Carolina Department of Social Services v Tina Jean N., Clifford S. and John Doe of whom Tina Jean N. is appellant case # 2007-UP-221 ( The Guardian ad Litem "testified the child is no longer on many medicines prescribed while in Mother's custody, nor is she suffering from any of the ailments such as chronic vomiting, asthma, or lactose intolerance." (South Carolina 2007)). Thus in case law it is stated that it is child abuse to do what Safeway stated in court is okay to do. The court case in which Safeway stated this was Milton Mills, M. D. v Giant of Maryland, LLC, et Al. case # 06-7148 which was heard in the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit during 2007.
If a person wants to get a child sick over and over then that person has psychological problems. In fact if one does the actions of getting the child sick over and over again one might have the abusive parenting disorder called Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy in which the parent seeks the constant attention or sympathy from others because her or his child is sick.
Now Safeway also stated in court lactose intolerant people can handle low amounts of milk. Well Safeway is adding milk to other food items and is causing people to get sick. Lactose intolerant people are going to doctors complaining that they are sick. When examined it turns out that they are eating milk because it was place in food items that they eat. S. B. Matthews wrote Systemic lactose intolerance: a new perspective on an old problem (Postgrad. Med. J. 2005;81:167-73.) to inform other doctors of this growing problem. You can find this article on the net at BMJ journals.
The last thing I want to mention about what Safeway stated in court is that it stated it is that lactose intolerant is well known to all people. That is not true. How many children know about it? How many adults know about it? Just because one has lots of publications submitted to court doesn't means most people know of it. For example we train our children from k to 12 on American history yet most adults can not name the capitals of all the states and other history questions. Books have been written by history professors which show how little Americans know of their history. What these professors do is publish what their students write as answers to questions because some of the answers are funny.
I was fired by Safeway because I have negative views of the company. Would you not also have negative views of a company that believes in child abuse especially since I am a parent of an abused child? I also have negative views of this company because it stated in court that a cancer causing item does not cause cancer when in fact it is known that it does. Both sides of my family had people who had cancer thus I am a high risk for cancer and I do not believe one should commit perjury on this issue in order to make money. I should also add that perjury is a crime. The perjury facts would make this letter much longer so I am not including them here. Safeway goes by the following names depending on where you live: Vons, Dominick's, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Genuardi's, Pavilions and Carrs.

Marcus Horton
P O Box 84
Salinas, Ca. 93902

Colin

| 10,038 posts

10th Sept 2008 at 7:21 am

Colin -

Textland called; they want their walls back.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

12th Sept 2008 at 6:55 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: 3595marc
  ... this makes me upset because I know how it feels to have diarrhea or to vomit.

So do I now that I've read this BS
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

lovegodfirst

| 3 posts

13th Sept 2008 at 2:36 am

VR kicks ass!

This a reply to one of the replies. I read what people state on my posts.
I reply to stuff people put up if I feel I should. That is why I ask for emails on replies. I do not know what else to write right now.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

13th Sept 2008 at 7:15 am

Chris Kamara -

Haha, quality.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

13th Sept 2008 at 7:16 am

Chris Kamara -

This is a post to one of the other posts on the website. I do not know what to put in this post. This is why I ask for all posts to be sent to me by post.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

13th Sept 2008 at 6:21 pm

It's like Sammy's been genetically modified.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

14th Sept 2008 at 7:01 am

learrggh -

I didn't check the poster's name when I started reading, and actually thought it *was* Sammy.

Anyway, tl;dr, although the first paragraph was funny in a kind of 'sh*t mates this chap is batsh*t insane' way.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page