Backseat Drivers

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

JM

| 8,289 posts

18th Jun 2008 at 10:15 pm

My landlord suggested that i drive to the cinema tonight. It's the second time i've driven there now which is fine because he's driven to the pub etc, too.

SERIOUSLY STOP TELLING ME HOW TO DRIVE, THOUGH!

'You need to speed up at this roundabout Paul. You do know that they don't wait for anyone?'

EXCUSE ME - WHY DON'T YOU F*CK OFF!

If someone wants to smash into my car they flipping well can. It'll be their fault not mine!

Then there's the constant mutterings about me sticking to the speed limit! I've moved to a new area ffs - there's a speed camera every 100 yards in Birmingham!

As it happens his driving is nothing short of atrocious.

Don't get me started on the french student who manages to get away with never buying a round of drinks whenever we are out either!

Rant over!

the doc

| 23,161 posts

19th Jun 2008 at 10:04 am

the doc -

Kill 'em all, backseat drivers should all be chucked into the middle of the M1 and run over repeatedly by convoys of big heavy trucks.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

19th Jun 2008 at 10:19 am

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Agreed, especially ones that criticise your driving when it's obvious to you both that you are a vastly superior driver.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

19th Jun 2008 at 8:01 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Try having someone on the back of your motorbike try tell you what they think are the right directions.

If you can handle that without sliding the rear tyre out at the next roundabout to sh*t them up, you're a better man than I.

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

26th Jul 2008 at 12:39 pm

Captain Stupendo - snarf!

snarf!

I was driving to the cinema the other night and mynone driving tells me how to drive!, What lane i was supposed to be in, when I should overtake etc.. when you pass your test then you can do that matey
Never take life seriously.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jul 2008 at 7:26 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

my fathers a mechanic and every time he's in my car, he's either being a backseat driver or he starts investigating any little noise he hears, analysing what could be wrong, then asking me questions about the engine which I dont have a clue about. You're a mechanic. I am not. I dont know what a CV Boot Joint is, and even if I did, I very much doubt that I'd occasionally check it because I have bigger problems than a part of a car which sounds like a fake name you just said to confuse me.

And my cars a petrol, his is diesel. Anytime I'm driving his car he asks if I find a big difference between them, since ones petrol and the others diesel. Yeah, your car has seat covers.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

30th Jul 2008 at 8:44 am

the doc -

Quote:
he starts investigating any little noise he hears, analysing what could be wrong

My dad was a mechanic for thirty years and I used to have exactly the same problem with him. On the plus side, however, if something actually was wrong, we could get the parts from the scrapyard and fix it ourselves on the cheap. Saved me a fortune over the years, that did.

Bob Flapper

| 5,002 posts

4th Aug 2008 at 4:41 pm

Bob Flapper - Me?!

Me?!

Wire brush and dettol to the eye usually sorts the problem out. They may still tell you how to drive but at any rate, at least your eyes don't sting like Satan's unholy a*sehole after a hellish vindaloo

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

10th Aug 2008 at 6:16 pm

Now our history is for sale....

I'm actually the worst backseat driver EVER. I can't help it. my boyfriend is constantly telling me off but he is ALWAYS going too damn fast for my liking and I get really nervous when he takes some corners.

He drove over a traffic cone in tescos carpark the other week and it got stuck to the wheel. Now I COULD have got out the car and helped him, but I was more content sitting in the nice, warm, dry car laughing at him along with everyone else in the carpark...

I might not be able to drive but I know crap driving when I see it
I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

[http://furcadia.com/banners/images/DownloadB2.gif]

The Man from Southampton

| 3,794 posts

13th Aug 2008 at 3:05 pm

equality, tolerance & logic

solution would be to let the Backseat Drivers to drive and then reverse the roles.
Now is that salary pre or post tax?

100% of Earth's population agrees with the following statement.

"Forces should be spending their time catching rapists and murders and not worry about piracy theft."

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page