Tax

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Vel

| 23,203 posts

23rd Apr 2008 at 4:27 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Well, you probably all know I've been on tax code BR (also BRW1) meaning that for my wage of £85 per week, I've been taxed approximately £20. It's my only job, though my tax code does not reflect that.

I went to the Inland Revenue today, to try and sort it out there- after filling in numerous forms during the year. After many phonecalls, they can't do anything.

Now I have to wait until I get my P60 from work (which still hasn't arrived) and send that in, and hassle work even more.

I'm so angry! It's not like I haven't been hassling them since October. Apparently the company should have returned my overpayed tax at the end of the tax year, but they haven't.

Just once, I'd like NOT to have to chase everything up. I still have to chase up my hospital records and then my alleged payrise. I do wish life could be simple sometimes.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

JM

| 8,289 posts

23rd Apr 2008 at 4:45 pm

I thought you could earn about £420 per month without being taxed these days? I'm so tired that i can't say for sure

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

23rd Apr 2008 at 4:46 pm

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

What a shower of c*nts.
Analrapist.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

23rd Apr 2008 at 4:52 pm

Carpet Remnant -

They are all a bunch of f*cking incompetent tw*ts.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

23rd Apr 2008 at 4:55 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote: Junior_Minister
I thought you could earn about £420 per month without being taxed these days? I'm so tired that i can't say for sure  

It's approximately £104 per week, so yeah. They just completely cocked up my account and each person I spoke to on the phone gave me contrasting information. But my tax code is apparently for two jobs that I apparently have.

Thing is, since Bagel Factory changed it to BRW1 from plain old BR, I'm being taxed more!

Completely incompetent. I had to get my mum to phone up Head Office of work to get them to dish out my PAYE number as they wouldn't listen to me- it's my fault I'm being overtaxed apparently
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

23rd Apr 2008 at 8:23 pm

Roxannie -

Quote: Look_Dad_No_Tunes
What a shower of c*nts.

I've had quite a few bizarre mental images from the things I've read on VR over the years, but I think that tops them all.

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

24th Apr 2008 at 5:05 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

It's almost as bad as a tw*tblizzard.

Took me months to get the proper tax code and get all the money back that I was owed, both when I was working as a potato-hocker and then in the Co-op. F*ckin' employers never do anything to aid you in your quest to not be taxed beyond what you should be unless you shout at them a few times.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

24th Apr 2008 at 5:09 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Thing is, I have and they DID change my tax code- just to something that meant I was being taxed more. B*st*rds.

Did you get interest on it?

I heard on Working Lunch that, when doing your own tax returns, if you declare too little and end up paying thus, they charge 7% interest on what you owe. But on the other hand, if you pay too much, they'll give you 4% interest back with your cash.

Would this be applicable to me?
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

24th Apr 2008 at 5:14 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Tax confuses me, this will be my downfall later in life.

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

24th Apr 2008 at 5:23 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

I don't think I got interest. I was just f*cking glad to get the money, especially the other time, because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to eat for a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure about the taxes per se. I just knew a) mine were wrong, b) my employers were doing f*ck all about it, and c) people respond well to me nagging their a*se off. So I took it up Charles Bronson-style. Except the movie would be better.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

24th Apr 2008 at 6:09 pm

Colin -

Quote: SHADOW_FIGHTER
Quote: Enigmatic_Shrew
Tax confuses me, this will be my downfall later in life.

http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page