BT are degenerate motherless c*nts

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

29th Oct 2007 at 7:04 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Been sat around a very boring empty apartment waiting for BT to show. They didnt. I spent 2 hours trying to get sense out of some f*ck in Mumbai (formerley Bombay) no joy.

I STILL HAVE NO F*CKING PHONE LINE!

Bellatrixa

| 6,342 posts

31st Oct 2007 at 8:12 am

Bellatrixa - Bitches Love Cannons

Bitches Love Cannons

Yes. They're like that. Took us two weeks to get a phone line working in our flat because of poor communication at the call center. *sympathises*

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

31st Oct 2007 at 7:18 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: Haerishi
Yes. They're like that. Took us two weeks to get a phone line working in our flat because of poor communication at the call center. *sympathises*

*sobs* I've yet to get a f*cking call back about when they'll be out to sort it! *sobs some more*

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

1st Nov 2007 at 1:48 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Got through to someone today (who was sound as f*ck a credit to BT) who explained that they switched the line on without having to visit the apartment, so I now have a phone number I have now ordered broadband from Be and should be moving into my apartment in the next week

Bellatrixa

| 6,342 posts

1st Nov 2007 at 3:06 pm

Bitches Love Cannons

Be... You know, you'll probably have great service for the first couple of months, THEN you'll start to get the "Network Error"s, your DSL going down for hours on end...

At least that's been my own experience of their service. Oh, and DO NOT let them contact you via SMS. We were woken up at 3am with a text saying that there would be downtime... In exactly 48 hours from the text.

As they've just dropped the price of their 24MB connection, I suppose there's not much room for complaint, although I'd rather have a consistent connection that one that's just cheap.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

1st Nov 2007 at 4:08 pm

Animal -

Quote: Haerishi
Be... You know, you'll probably have great service for the first couple of months, THEN you'll start to get the "Network Error"s, your DSL going down for hours on end...

At least that's been my own experience of their service. Oh, and DO NOT let them contact you via SMS. We were woken up at 3am with a text saying that there would be downtime... In exactly 48 hours from the text.

As they've just dropped the price of their 24MB connection, I suppose there's not much room for complaint, although I'd rather have a consistent connection that one that's just cheap.

Gotta say, your the first person I have ever encountered with anything really bad to say, the worst I'd seen prior to this was due to issues with a DSLAM at an exchange that one of my workmates was going through, causing him to get drop-offs when his speed was 24Mbit, they throttled the speed and all was working fine again.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

1st Nov 2007 at 5:02 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Well I'm only 0.4 miles from the exchange so if there's any problems I'll go in and fix them myself Now where did I leave that Krone tool....

Bellatrixa

| 6,342 posts

1st Nov 2007 at 6:56 pm

Bitches Love Cannons

I was shocked as well, Darren. Up until then I'd been singing their praises and loved the great service. Then it suddenly started going down the crapper. We don't live that far from the Holloway exchange, but they just seemed to not warn us about these service outages. The few times they did it was, as I said, in the early hours of the morning. NOT really that nice to be woken up by a phone at 3am.

I'm not sure why they decided to have so much downtime (over 6 hours at a time) and not warn us... Needless to say so many incidents in a short space of time has kinda made me less than loving of their service.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

1st Nov 2007 at 8:12 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Went round to test the line at my apartment and guess what? It doesn't f*cking work! Need to speak to the building manager now

Animal

| 32,547 posts

1st Nov 2007 at 8:17 pm

Animal -

Pffft, just hook yourself into your buildings own exchange Phil, then deck the bloke if he puts up any fuss. Chances are their will be some small scale DSLAM or switch box of some description. Probably not too hard to f*ck about with.

On the subject of sh*tty service... I still haven't heard sh*t about my TV yet.

Edited by Animal Nov 2007

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

1st Nov 2007 at 8:32 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: Ignignokt
Pffft, just hook yourself into your buildings own exchange Phil, then deck the bloke if he puts up any fuss. Chances are their will be some small scale DSLAM or switch box of some description. Probably not too hard to f*ck about with.

On the subject of sh*tty service... I still haven't heard sh*t about my TV yet.

Dude, that sucks a*s!

Animal

| 32,547 posts

1st Nov 2007 at 9:49 pm

Animal -

What, you fixing the line, or the TV? I'm calling the depo tomorrow, im pretty f*cked off over how this has been handled upto now - Was told by LG someone would come to repair it - Got a call from Mum saying they told her it was collection only - they left no paperwork or anything.. No ETA for repair time either.. not f*cking happy.

Cycling Antics

Claire

| 15,814 posts

1st Nov 2007 at 10:35 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Quote: Substance
Went round to test the line at my apartment and guess what? It doesn't f*cking work! Need to speak to the building manager now

Yeah they probably switched it on in the wrong flat. Gotta love BT.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Bellatrixa

| 6,342 posts

2nd Nov 2007 at 9:01 am

Bitches Love Cannons

BT told us that the line was already active... It wasn't. The line was active in the other part of the flat (live in a studio flat, the other part of which is Flat 1 and has a BT line as well...) It ended up needing someone to come around and find the connection, THEN the connection was switched on... To a socket we didn't know existed, which required ANOTHER visit...

In terms of internet access, get yerself a wireless adaptor and leech someone's unprotected connection More people forget to secure their connections than you'd think.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

2nd Nov 2007 at 9:33 am

Animal -

As someone who used to start lines at BT I can kinda get why their are so many f*ckups with starting a new line in a flat.

Basically it boils down to one of several things.

1. Caller error. They give BT incorrect flat number details - happens a hell of a lot more than you'd think.

2. BT staff error - again pretty common.

3. By far the biggest culprit was BTs address Data Base being very out of date at times. Often buildings would have had major internal work done but the information was either never fed back to companies like BT or their address repositories were never updated, or if they were the older details were sometimes left in. Meaning since the address repositories were tied to each individual line in the building the fact the details didn't match the reality meant wrong lines got started.

Its shocking how complex and out of date the back end of BT's CRM system was by the time I left the firm, I know they were updating the tools used by front end staff like I was, but the chances are the problems would still be present...

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

16th Nov 2007 at 5:44 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Supposed to have an engineer out this afternoon. Again. NO F*CKING SIGN OF THE C*NTS. *fumes*

Animal

| 32,547 posts

16th Nov 2007 at 7:35 pm

Animal -

Ah, the sign of a loser. Even BT wont show to help you

I kid.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

16th Nov 2007 at 7:37 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Ah, the sign of a loser. Even BT wont show to help you

I kid.

Theyre scared of me, its the only sensible reason :-? Was hoping it'd be sorted today then I can officially move in, got the Wii, Gamecube, Dreamcast & Xbox all set up an all, with no one to play on them

Animal

| 32,547 posts

16th Nov 2007 at 7:58 pm

Animal -

Oh man, thats a crime... Seriously..

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

16th Nov 2007 at 8:02 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Oh man, thats a crime... Seriously..

Just looking at buying a SNES & NES as well (me sisters has broken the ones I originally had ) also wouldnt mind a NEO GEO & PC Engine, I love the virtual console on the Wii, but I'd much rather have the actual hardware, once I've got a load up and running, expect some form of games evening

Animal

| 32,547 posts

16th Nov 2007 at 8:20 pm

Animal -

I know exactly what you mean about the hardware...

I just found a bunchof pretty sweet emus for the Mac, but its just not the same... Glad I found my old 8Bit atari the other week for this reason.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

17th Nov 2007 at 10:03 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

I know exactly what you mean about the hardware...

I just found a bunchof pretty sweet emus for the Mac, but its just not the same... Glad I found my old 8Bit atari the other week for this reason.

Naw, Emu's are good though, but I have a dream of owning every console ever made one day, (current gen aside as I can't be arsed these days buying into most of it). Need to get a Scart switcher again though as I've managed to lose (another) one

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

17th Nov 2007 at 11:51 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Rang BT AGAIN, booking through a new fault , I must admit though nearly everyone who I've spoken to has been great and theyre a credit to BT, its just a shame that they can't seem to organise a p*ss up in a brewery

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

19th Nov 2007 at 6:37 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Sweet Robotic Mohammed, they didnt turn up this time either! Sposed to be out tomorrow now!

Animal

| 32,547 posts

19th Nov 2007 at 7:01 pm

Animal -

I hope to hell we don't get this kind of f*ckaroundary come the 3rd...

Particularly since its been a decade since the line was last used and Mum was sceptical at switching anyway.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

19th Nov 2007 at 7:14 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

I hope to hell we don't get this kind of f*ckaroundary come the 3rd...

Particularly since its been a decade since the line was last used and Mum was sceptical at switching anyway.

Be prepared for it fella...

Animal

| 32,547 posts

19th Nov 2007 at 7:56 pm

Animal -

Yeah I am already.

Being ex staff kinda already has.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

19th Nov 2007 at 8:04 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Yeah I am already.

Being ex staff kinda already has.

Whats the compensation procedure like? Already spent £20 on phone calls, lost money on time off etc...

Animal

| 32,547 posts

19th Nov 2007 at 9:17 pm

Animal -

They can be pretty good. So long as you have proof, you should be OK..

Give them a call when things are finally sorted and just have a nice chat with one of the staff, they will give you the basic run through on how to go about it. They do have an upper limit in terms of how much you can claim, but its not too bad, if I recall correctly..

But yeah, get proof of lost hours from work (Overtime doesn't count, sadly.) and also proof of phone calls and the rest and you should be right.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

19th Nov 2007 at 9:25 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

They can be pretty good. So long as you have proof, you should be OK..

Give them a call when things are finally sorted and just have a nice chat with one of the staff, they will give you the basic run through on how to go about it. They do have an upper limit in terms of how much you can claim, but its not too bad, if I recall correctly..

But yeah, get proof of lost hours from work (Overtime doesn't count, sadly.) and also proof of phone calls and the rest and you should be right.

Proof from work isn't an issue, I have relatives in HR, 4 half days is a around £300 to me I think (well I get paid for them but I can get a letter saying otherwise)

Animal

| 32,547 posts

19th Nov 2007 at 9:26 pm

Animal -

Drinks on you then?

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

19th Nov 2007 at 9:35 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Drinks on you then?

Hell no, that money will go towards a washing machine!

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

20th Nov 2007 at 1:02 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

They finally come out today and it was a lad I used to go to school with an all! So all working an sh*t, now to get the broadband up an running, need to ring Be again as I reset the box and apparently am not supposed to

wombat

| 8,154 posts

20th Nov 2007 at 1:13 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

Rang BT AGAIN, booking through a new fault , I must admit though nearly everyone who I've spoken to has been great and theyre a credit to BT, its just a shame that they can't seem to organise a p*ss up in a brewery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2KludETiyE

Gad it got sorted out in the end though!
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

20th Nov 2007 at 1:14 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Quote: wombat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2KludETiyE

Gad it got sorted out in the end though!

Even before I clicked it I knew what that would be

Good news on sorting it out Phil.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

20th Nov 2007 at 8:20 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

*high fives all around*

Lucozade Lover

| 8,558 posts

22nd Nov 2007 at 1:40 pm

Lucozade Lover -

I've spent half my lunch on the phone to them checking on my order for my new place. Does no-one know anything about which department deals with what?

Animal

| 32,547 posts

22nd Nov 2007 at 5:10 pm

Animal -

Ah, you have encountered the horror of the BT internal switch system.

I noticed this when I worked there, you would call the line for the broadband provisions team and some how end up speaking to a guy in your building, taking the same call stream as you (Help Desk 1, for Warrington at that point in time.)

Its annoying because a lot of the numbers given to staff as contact numbers for different customer facing departments were the exact same numbers given to the customers, meaning we'd have to sit and wait to get hold of someone for anything we may need to contact them for.. Sometimes you would just get a generic home number for certain depts, like Leeways or where-ever, it was only on these calls you could guarantee getting through to the right person - but you would usually still have a massive wait time to contact them.

The company is just too large to be easily manageable now.

Cycling Antics

Lucozade Lover

| 8,558 posts

23rd Nov 2007 at 1:03 pm

Lucozade Lover -

Yeah, when I did get through to a helpful chap in services, I was on hold for quite some time while he also had to go through to other departments to find out more information. Hopefully I'll have a line working tonight. Then I can revisit the joys of AOL dial up for the next week or two, hehe.

New thread incoming.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page