Annoying TV Ad

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Obinice

| 126 posts

5th Sept 2007 at 4:19 pm

Obinice - Existential crisis mode.

Existential crisis mode.

There's an advert for some dish washing machine product that's meant to leave your plates and stuff drier than if you don't use it, that I've seen a few times now that we have Freeview (you get all sorts of ads compared to normal TV).

So it starts "Are you tired of having to dry your plates when they come out of the wash?" and I'm like what the hell? We've never had a dishwasher in my house, and frankly if the plates washed themselves I'd be happy to do the drying. What the ad should say is "Are you tired of having to do only half of the work washing up? Would you like to do only 5%, which is putting the plates away? Are you really that lazy? Then this product is for you!"

In 5 years I'm expecting "Are you tired of having to put your plates away after they've been washed? Well now you don't have to, with the Autosud4000!"

10 years, who knows... "Are you tired of having to put your dishes in the wash? Buy our antigrav self cleaning table and you won't even need plates!"

and such. I'm sure I got my original point across

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

5th Sept 2007 at 4:22 pm

John Cage Bubblegum -

That Head & Shoulders advert with 'Mickey' makes me think a nuclear holocaust would probably be for the best.

'To Mickey, hair is a deadly weapon to be used to maximum effect'. So is a crowbar you smug, massive c*nt, and I would be only too happy to plant one on the end of your face. I'd love to batter his 'windswept and interesting' head into the next decade.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

7th Sept 2007 at 2:12 pm

Quote: The_Silent_Majority
That Head & Shoulders advert with 'Mickey' makes me think a nuclear holocaust would probably be for the best.

'To Mickey, hair is a deadly weapon to be used to maximum effect'. So is a crowbar you smug, massive c*nt, and I would be only too happy to plant one on the end of your face. I'd love to batter his 'windswept and interesting' head into the next decade.

Heh you're not the only one.  From the guardian this week...

"Look at Mickey.  Who's he grinning at - us?  Mickey's a disingenuous sl*g, switching style frame by frame purely to pester women.  Here's Mickey, shifty as a stoat, pestering women to the point of sexual harrasment.  The red-braced execs at Saatchi & Saatchi must believe Mickey has mass appeal.  Disastrously, they've conjured up the most loathsome character since the Crazy Frog.  As Mickey's mug pops up like a cut-out figure on a shooting range, allow yourself to dream.  Custard-pie Mickey's face, again and again, until he drops unconscious."
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

7th Sept 2007 at 2:21 pm

John Cage Bubblegum -

Quote: Team_Forti
Heh you're not the only one. From the guardian this week...

"Look at Mickey. Who's he grinning at - us? Mickey's a disingenuous sl*g, switching style frame by frame purely to pester women. Here's Mickey, shifty as a stoat, pestering women to the point of sexual harrasment. The red-braced execs at Saatchi & Saatchi must believe Mickey has mass appeal. Disastrously, they've conjured up the most loathsome character since the Crazy Frog. As Mickey's mug pops up like a cut-out figure on a shooting range, allow yourself to dream. Custard-pie Mickey's face, again and again, until he drops unconscious."

Ha, excellent stuff.

I can just picture all those metrosexuals smiling to themselves and thinking 'Good old Mickey' whenever that advert comes on, bottle of Rose and emergency supply of Brylcreem by their side.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

Topper

| 6,773 posts

9th Sept 2007 at 8:39 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

This thread has cheered me up.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

YaDunKnow

| 95 posts

13th Sept 2007 at 11:13 pm

VR kicks ass!

Quote: Team_Forti
Quote: The_Silent_Majority

Heh you're not the only one.  From the guardian this week...

"Look at Mickey.  Who's he grinning at - us?  Mickey's a disingenuous sl*g, switching style frame by frame purely to pester women.  Here's Mickey, shifty as a stoat, pestering women to the point of sexual harrasment.  The red-braced execs at Saatchi & Saatchi must believe Mickey has mass appeal.  Disastrously, they've conjured up the most loathsome character since the Crazy Frog.  As Mickey's mug pops up like a cut-out figure on a shooting range, allow yourself to dream.  Custard-pie Mickey's face, again and again, until he drops unconscious."

Charlie Brooker by any chance?

Just copped a mint edition of the TV Go Home book, brightened my week up no end. Truthfully,
I think we should probably just rise up and install the guy as a dictator, it'd be for the best in the long run.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page