girl is still really good mates with both guys
girl is confused about how she feels

the end
[http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/pink-hearts1.gif]

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

15th Dec 2002 at 7:26 pm

Girl needs pet hamster.
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

http://www.cco.net/~jpete/deepthou.htm

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

16th Dec 2002 at 1:47 am

aporkalypse - rawr![/comedy finish]

rawr![/comedy finish]

gah...

A firm favourite for fake alibis and general practices.

[quote author=Citizen Twiggy link=board=spam;num=1105791842;start=390#391 date=04/18/05 at 19:17:29]He said my lack of height was alright because he was looking for quirks.[/quote]

insert name here

| 381 posts

16th Dec 2002 at 7:52 pm

An indie boy with self-hatred issues

Amen sister.
I dreamt about stew last night...

twisted_skittle

| 0 posts

17th Dec 2002 at 2:03 pm

aww. love sucks. i think that it's a bit harsh to claim that love sucks just because you're in love with two fellas and both of them are unavailable. that's not love. how can you be in love with two people? meh. infatuation, maybe.

I Opt Out

| 5,311 posts

17th Dec 2002 at 2:20 pm

But I gave up in the end.

My mother, my mother, my mooooooootherrrrrrrrrrrr never told meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Love is just a bloodsport...
Do you believe that people only live their lives for themselves?

They've failed you once they'll fail you again-I opt out.

twisted_skittle

| 0 posts

17th Dec 2002 at 3:29 pm

sorry, apologies for my earlier harshness. i now have take that to make me happy. i can't bop around though, cos i am all on my own, all of my friends are in lessons. waaaaaaaaaaaaa.

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

17th Dec 2002 at 6:18 pm

rawr![/comedy finish]

yeah i agree wi the twisted one
Love is used way too much and no offence my dear but to "like" two guys is NOT the same as "love"
For one thing the spelling is entirely different

[quote author=Citizen Twiggy link=board=spam;num=1105791842;start=390#391 date=04/18/05 at 19:17:29]He said my lack of height was alright because he was looking for quirks.[/quote]

the legend of snaz

| 2,412 posts

18th Dec 2002 at 9:35 pm

ok so maybe "love sucks" wasn't the right title, but what was I supposed to call it? " the liking someone sucks" thread?

anyway...I'm becoming really really close to one of the guys, in a lot of ways we're the complete opposite of each other, and yet we get on so well...maybe i do love him?

Linus

| 0 posts

19th Dec 2002 at 12:44 pm

Why does love have to be all rare and mystical? It doesn't. If you want to love someone, just love them, don't think 'oh, I must have loved them for years for this to be love' or 'oh I must only love one person', cos its not true. If you want to love lots of people, love lots of people! If you want to love one person, love one person! But don't tell someone they aint in love, cos how do you know? How do you know? LOVE WHOEVER YOU WANT, PEOPLE!

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

20th Dec 2002 at 1:22 am

rawr![/comedy finish]

ladies and gentlemen that was our new spokesperson for hallmark soppy greeting cards
and didnt he do well

*applause*

Linus

| 0 posts

20th Dec 2002 at 1:48 pm

Quote: dottedline_
ladies and gentlemen that was our new spokesperson for hallmark soppy greeting cards
and didnt he do well

*applause*

No, I just believe in the 1960s philosophy of love who the hell you want.

Will

| 6,984 posts

20th Dec 2002 at 5:15 pm

does love suck?
i dont know.

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

20th Dec 2002 at 7:20 pm

rawr![/comedy finish]

hmm...i dunno "love" nonsense. If i was a hrdened cynic, id say its an excuse for some teenagers to ditch their friends, or have a "quick shag" (i detest that word!!!!!!!!!!), or to feel grownup. Love is one of these things that cant be taken lightly, well for me anyways, you cant just say it without meaning it coz you can NEVER TAKE IT BACK, *cue roll of thunder*
Or maybe im too tradtional...

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

20th Dec 2002 at 7:28 pm

Flapdoodle - TO THE SEA...

TO THE SEA...

well i never used to believe in love, but then i realised i love my friends, an my boyfriend (apperently i should be in love with him, but i love him like a friend which may end up causing problems but im not going to go into that right nowas i need to talk about it with my bf) anyway i also love my family. you can love anyone you want to, it doesnt matter how long you've known them, and just because you've known them all your life it doesnt make your love "better" rthan someone elses love.

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

20th Dec 2002 at 7:46 pm

rawr![/comedy finish]

so whats the difference if you love your bf and if your in love with him?
???

Will

| 6,984 posts

20th Dec 2002 at 10:15 pm

i dont love anyone. what's it like?

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

20th Dec 2002 at 11:01 pm

TO THE SEA...

so whats the difference if you love your bf and if your in love with him?
???

im not entirely sure,but apperently u know the difference when you are "in love" with someone, cant say ive ever actually been in love that i know of so maybe i am, but i love hiom the same way i love my friends, well not exactly the same...

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

21st Dec 2002 at 12:37 am

rawr![/comedy finish]

hehe...not exactly the same, i hope not !
Love is like a really deep trust i suppose, thats why you say you love your parents...and thats why it hurts when they let you down. But commercailism and those damn rom coms have cheapened the whole "love" thing into nothing more than ... a cute experience.

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

21st Dec 2002 at 12:56 am

rawr![/comedy finish]

oooooh yeah...on a totally kinda related note, afterthe holidays we get to study obediance in psychology! how people will do exacty what they are told if a figure of authority tells them. Roll on 5th and 6th period on a monday! woohoo!
aaaaah control over others...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Its the first step towards a tyrancy you know...and the one thing teenage relationships have. Theres always one that gets more out of it than another or so the old country song goes

hikey

| 5,865 posts

21st Dec 2002 at 1:27 pm

its the semi automatic stun gun!!!!!!!!!!!! yeehaw

im inlove *LOVE*
he aint all there he dont like beans!!!!!!!!!!!

the legend of snaz

| 2,412 posts

21st Dec 2002 at 7:52 pm

oooooh yeah...on a totally kinda related note, afterthe holidays we get to study obediance in psychology! how people will do exacty what they are told if a figure of authority tells them. Roll on 5th and 6th period on a monday! woohoo!

been there, done that! I'm waiting til I get to start all the atypical stuff like eating disorders and schizophrenia

and wow! I have psychology 5&6th period on a monday too!

Caged Liberty

| 11,209 posts

21st Dec 2002 at 10:06 pm

Caged Liberty - Torrential high seas dragged me to my knees

Torrential high seas dragged me to my knees

I've been in love and I love many people.
I think it's such a personal emotion that it's impossible to generalise or describe.

Anyway, to get back into the flavour of the original posts,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

But it's not the sucking that's the problem for me. It's the absense of love!

Caged Liberty

| 11,209 posts

21st Dec 2002 at 10:10 pm

Caged Liberty - Torrential high seas dragged me to my knees

Torrential high seas dragged me to my knees

Quote: girlpants_

Yeah 'cos we all know that pre 1960's, free love never existed.

HA!

Yes but that culture was mainly associated with being more liberated the 1960's and more widely expressed in the media etc.

Linus

| 0 posts

23rd Dec 2002 at 2:45 pm

Ok, forget everything I have said, and lets start again...

LOVE WHOEVER WHO WANT, WHEN YOU WANT, HOW YOU WANT.

btw I have music/location synesthesia

Linus

| 0 posts

23rd Dec 2002 at 2:46 pm

Quote: girlpants_

Yeah 'cos we all know that pre 1960's, free love never existed.

HA!

Laugh in my face, why don't you, LAUGH IN MY FACE.

hikey

| 5,865 posts

23rd Dec 2002 at 2:50 pm

its the semi automatic stun gun!!!!!!!!!!!! yeehaw

Quote: Godzilla_Rail_Flip_

Laugh in my face, why don't you, LAUGH IN MY FACE.

*BOOTYSHAKE*
he aint all there he dont like beans!!!!!!!!!!!

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

25th Dec 2002 at 4:42 pm

TO THE SEA...

love is such a hard thing to describe as to everyone it means something different. now if i remember correctly from an english lesson its an abstract noun, not something solid that people can poiint to, so it tends to bea word children learn later on in their vocabulory compared to the concrete nouns like ball and table.... anyway when discussing this in an english lesson everyone had to wrtie down their own description of what love was and suprise suprise it was different for every person!

Linus

| 0 posts

27th Dec 2002 at 5:29 pm

Darren, ever realised tone of voice is, well, hard to get across on the internet?

Cant_Be_Bothered

| 1,461 posts

30th Dec 2002 at 12:39 am

Cant_Be_Bothered - Did i wander off topic again? How rare

Did i wander off topic again? How rare

Love sucks, its true

"Love" as Jo says, is a horribly, horribly overused word. Cheapened by the media and by bloody greeting card companies people throw it around like it means nothing. Love is a wild, uncontrollable emotion. Its dangerous. True love is a thing between 2 people, but that is not the only love. You get love for one person, which if not controlled can lead to stalking or depression. Love is a hightened sensativity, where any emotions relating to the object of affection are eggerated, which can lead to undescribably joy or agonising pain. Love is also easily interchangable with hate, which is also an extreme emotion, and as such is just as dangerous. Love is also not something you'll feel much, teenagers say they are in love, but thats just rubbish. Infatuated perhaps, but very few teenagers will be in love as its an eternal thing, and how many people still love their ex's after break up? from what ive heard very few. People also automatically assume that couples who stay together for a long time are in love, but sometimes its just fear or devotion that hold them together. They stay because they feel they have to, or because they are afraid if they dont.
However when true love happens it is an amazing thing which cannot be parralled by any other experience, so love is in some cases a posative emotion.

Thats my opinion (probably with many spelling mistakes in it). You dont like it, fine, thats your opinion. You cant say im wrong cause this is an opinion, you can only say you have a different opinion. Oh yeah, and dont quote any of this, i hate to be quoted (of course human being what they are there's bound to be one smartass who's gonna quote me just cause i said that, ah humans, so predictable)
I thought id try optimism, but i didnt think it would work
"Life's a b*tch, this is true. But she's my b*tch"
The Meek Militant group: Taking over the world (as long as no-one minds)

Linus

| 0 posts

30th Dec 2002 at 4:24 pm

Love is undefinable and love is different with every person.

Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...
Πανδώρα: MUHAHAHAHAHA!
IGH: And so it ends
Captain Spiky: I've just been loving life, going through the photos in the Meets gallery. so many awesome people that I loved hanging out with

One Page