dang rebels

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

30th Nov 2002 at 12:28 am

aporkalypse - rawr![/comedy finish]

rawr![/comedy finish]

Ok this may not be rant material but it came up today in school and i want to hear your views on it. Can we truelly rebel against society today? Dont give me the punk era style of rebelion where if we pierce our noses and swear and are anti monarchy we are rebels. How can this be rebellious if we have a legion of people doing teh exact same, conforming to our state of rebellion?
Religion is conforming to a set of beliefs, everything has a state of conform in it from the house we live in to the clothes we wear.

So does rebelion against conformity exist?
A firm favourite for fake alibis and general practices.

[quote author=Citizen Twiggy link=board=spam;num=1105791842;start=390#391 date=04/18/05 at 19:17:29]He said my lack of height was alright because he was looking for quirks.[/quote]

Rachel Owns You

| 5,686 posts

30th Nov 2002 at 12:58 am

Rachel Owns You - all i'm losing is me

all i'm losing is me

its something we cant win.only with our minds are we truly individual.whn we use them. i think we all need to evolve.we need something new to rebel against,but theres always gonna be oppression. personally i dont see why we have to define ourselves,i have nothing left to prove.
..i stole my sisters boyfriend.it was all whirlwind,heat and flash.within a week we killed my parents and hit the road.

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

30th Nov 2002 at 1:03 am

rawr![/comedy finish]

but then society seems to make way for a slight bit of rebellion/individualism, but will then swallow it up. Our minds are dulled by tv and crass conversations about what was done at the weekend. School teaches us what they think we need to know, nothing new or exciting is found in school. Some famous noevlists and scientists flunked out of school, only to gain recognition, to break out of the restraints of society.

More views anyone?

[quote author=Citizen Twiggy link=board=spam;num=1105791842;start=390#391 date=04/18/05 at 19:17:29]He said my lack of height was alright because he was looking for quirks.[/quote]

Rachel Owns You

| 5,686 posts

30th Nov 2002 at 1:07 am

all i'm losing is me

sorry im v.p*ssed you see i stil think typical non conformists r just paranoid,but rightly so. i just wanted to be someone else,now i am.im f*cked.
..i stole my sisters boyfriend.it was all whirlwind,heat and flash.within a week we killed my parents and hit the road.

Rachel Owns You

| 5,686 posts

30th Nov 2002 at 1:13 am

all i'm losing is me

it seems cool now to be all anti everything. but its getting old, i just ignore everything i dont want/need.

Caged Liberty

| 11,209 posts

30th Nov 2002 at 1:38 am

Caged Liberty - Torrential high seas dragged me to my knees

Torrential high seas dragged me to my knees

To rebel we need someting to rebel against, it seems nowadays antipathy and realisation of how hard the task to change things actually is, prevail.

Rebellion against conformity is different from rebelling against what conformists actually conform to. Rebelling against conformity is pointless, that to me signifies rebelling against a collective body who believe the same thing, or have been indoctrinated to do so simlpy for the cause of rebelling. I think I'm right in believeing that you want to debate rebelling against society, the way it governs our lives/issues that need to be rectified etc and not actually the act of conformity itself.

mean mr mustard

| 26 posts

30th Nov 2002 at 3:50 pm

mean mr mustard - fool

fool

I used to think the idea of rebellion was 'cool', now I just think it is stupid. I'd rather just like what I like, than like whats not conformist.
Who are you?

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

30th Nov 2002 at 3:53 pm

What's really funny is when you hear people calling themselves freaks, and you ask them why and they say "because i wear black and like slipknot!"

Yes dearie, you're a freak. But you're exactly the same as all the other freaks...
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

http://www.cco.net/~jpete/deepthou.htm

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

30th Nov 2002 at 5:30 pm

rawr![/comedy finish]

ur an individual just like everyone else

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

30th Nov 2002 at 5:46 pm

My point exactly
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

http://www.cco.net/~jpete/deepthou.htm

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

30th Nov 2002 at 11:52 pm

rawr![/comedy finish]

oooooh we're point twins!
Tonight i actually tried to grow a social life *watering can and all* and as soon as we went out the door some of the local wildlife called us "moshers" DEAR GOD MAN DO YOU NOT REALISE THAT AT THIS STAGE FASHION LOVES THESE MOSHER TYPES, YOU USE IT AS IF ITS AN INSULT WHEN ITS BLOODY TRENDY
gah...*breathes* anyways with such pigeon holes as "mosher" "goff" "ned" "trendy" we are pigeon holed before we can get a chance to define ourselves.

Cant_Be_Bothered

| 1,461 posts

2nd Dec 2002 at 7:02 pm

Cant_Be_Bothered - Did i wander off topic again? How rare

Did i wander off topic again? How rare

Rebellion is such a pointless topic. People only rebel to look cool. As many of you have said, its like "Yeah, im a rebel, just like all the others". yeah, go you. Every person is different, no two people are the same, however every person shares atleast one trait with one other person. The only way to truly rebel is to create some completely new character trait that has never been seen before. An interesting analogy is of a bead necklace: you can create one that looks entirely different from any other by the different combinations of beads that you use, but in the end everyone has to use beads, cause there is no other option. In the end its just a necklace, just like everyone elses.
Personally i feel rebellion is just pointless, cause it defeats itself. Just be yourself, and you'll find your unique combination of attributes, and as a result you will be rebelling against something. (I went back and added bits in and changes my mind half way through about stuff, so if it doesnt make sense, but thats not important. should you complain about the lack of sense, your either trying to be cool by rebelling against what i say, or are just trying to annoy me, in which case your an idiot)
I thought id try optimism, but i didnt think it would work
"Life's a b*tch, this is true. But she's my b*tch"
The Meek Militant group: Taking over the world (as long as no-one minds)

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

2nd Dec 2002 at 7:18 pm

rawr![/comedy finish]

aah stuart you and ur ickle necklace analagy, which i must say had no point what so ever, but wouldnt be out of place for a guidance teacher to say
You said rebelion doesnt exist...but then you went on to say "be yourself, you'll be rebelling"
Me thinkee you be talkee sh*tteeeeeeee
lol. Anyways...people dont always rebel to look cool. You do get political rebellion as was pointed out in another thread

Cant_Be_Bothered

| 1,461 posts

2nd Dec 2002 at 7:23 pm

Cant_Be_Bothered - Did i wander off topic again? How rare

Did i wander off topic again? How rare

Jo, your an a*se
I thought id try optimism, but i didnt think it would work
"Life's a b*tch, this is true. But she's my b*tch"
The Meek Militant group: Taking over the world (as long as no-one minds)

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

3rd Dec 2002 at 11:31 pm

rawr![/comedy finish]

hey i just saw that! That is not an intellectual answer and I have an a*se, I am not one

So i think you'll find that sound in your ears is the gentle music of the "ner ner de ner ner"

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

3rd Dec 2002 at 11:31 pm

rawr![/comedy finish]

hey i just saw that! That is not an intellectual answer and I have an a*se, I am not one

So i think you'll find that sound in your ears is the gentle music of the "ner ner de ner ner"

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page