Flapdoodle - TO THE SEA...

TO THE SEA...

fashion victims chew their charcoal teeth

hikey

| 5,865 posts

3rd Oct 2002 at 5:59 pm

its the semi automatic stun gun!!!!!!!!!!!! yeehaw

you can buy designer jeans for barbie~isnt that just a horrible thought

he aint all there he dont like beans!!!!!!!!!!!

the legend of snaz

| 2,412 posts

4th Oct 2002 at 7:06 pm

Quote: hikey_
you can buy designer jeans for barbie~isnt that just a horrible thought

ugh! I mean come on its a barbie doll! and y'know what, I bet that sad spoilt little rich girl with the designer barbie is gonna go out and make fun of people who, for whatever reason don't have designer clothes
[http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/pink-hearts1.gif]

Caged Liberty

| 11,209 posts

4th Oct 2002 at 9:27 pm

Caged Liberty - Torrential high seas dragged me to my knees

Torrential high seas dragged me to my knees

I'm in no way a fashion victim but I have my own style.
In the sense that I don't really have a style.
I don't think it's possible to have original style anymore.

I dislike fashion elitism but I enjoy looking at the styles on catwalks as I appreciate the art of some of the creations.

I dislike strongly when people buy for the tag.
And prices can be ridiculous.

But if you look anywhere it's the same case, not just in the world of Versace and friends.

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

6th Oct 2002 at 4:58 pm

Flapdoodle - TO THE SEA...

TO THE SEA...

one of my favourite quotes is: "fashion is so ugly it has to alter every few weeks" and i use this a lot, no idea where i picked it up from though. now anyone that knows me knows that im not into fashoin, but i do know some people that if they've been wearing some thing and is part of they're style and it then comes into fashion- then they will abandon it, which i think can be almost as bad as only wearing something because its in fashion. combats are an example of tis me and friends have been wearing them for years- then they are made big by the all saints and some of my friends stopped wearing them because they won't wear something because it is in fashion. all it is is conforming to a different style and fashion that way. and ive now confused myself so i just hope people half understand this!!

Caged Liberty

| 11,209 posts

6th Oct 2002 at 8:04 pm

I get what you mean I think, I know some people that prided theirselves on being 'different' and with the popularity of hoodies et al in my hometown now they've discarded them.
The whole thing makes me sick
The whole thing makes me sick

moominmamma

| 1,792 posts

6th Oct 2002 at 8:38 pm

moominmamma - buzz cut minge & the starspangled family planners

buzz cut minge & the starspangled family planners

oooh i LOVE fashion!!!! i watch model flat and was once invited to a catwalk aftershow party but i cant remember whos .............but i dont follow fashion as such i wear what i like i like black so i usually look fashionable as black is aways there nice black things but not gothic really i like plain structured things i also wear red i do have a few designer things and i add JIMMY CHOO SHOOOOOOOOS which i love in all sincererity ....f*ck look bling bling bling tiffanys bloody diamond ring bling bling ect !!!!!!!
but if its nice and in oxfams window its mine too i have no pride if i like it i wear it
i tend not to go for obvious designer pieces like with logos but since almost anyone can get versace jeans now in there mums catalogue who cares??
favourite pieces...............apart from the jimmychoos i have 6 other pairs of f*cking hilariously expensive shoes including (god strike me down PRADAS) i have a Bibi early 70s suede coat which i got for
god im so fat

Caged Liberty

| 11,209 posts

6th Oct 2002 at 11:41 pm

I love clothes too and have so many great items, not a lot of my friends share the same taste as me though but I know I look damn good lol and that's all that matters,
I have this wonderful faux fur winter coat, it's cream and the most huggable thing ever, I wore it with a pair of black sunglasses to an exam once but I migh have went a bit overboard with the pimp look, I have a gorgwous suede fitted jacket that's gorgeous, i tend to stick to natural colours and black, although I go for red too dependng on my mood, I have a multiltude of little black dersses, i like 50s styles of cut on skirts and dresses, I have a gorgeous blue floor length dress, it's so tight it's unbelievable but it stretches and sit on me perfectly and it was a present form someone that it didn't fit, I have black silk gloves that I love and zillions of throwes and wraps, I loooooove clothes and shoes but my origingal point was that if i like it I wear it, and not for the label, i think you summed it up well Ellis.

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

10th Jan 2003 at 12:33 pm

clothes are clothes are clothes

i think we only wear them to keep warm, and i don't really care what they look like, if i like a shirt i see in a shop i buy it (on the rare occasions that i have the cash) and if i don't like it i don't care....

but we're all allowed to wear what we want, just that what other ppl wear can seem silly to us, or funny... like this guy nicky i was at ringmer with, he wore head to toe nike.... shirt, trousers, jumper, socks, shoes, cap.... and i thought it was hilarious, but my black pinafore dress and cap musta seemed funny to someone..... ooh i'm ranting again.... bye

IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...

One Page