September the 10th

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

satansrubberduck

| 7,520 posts

10th Sept 2002 at 7:58 am

(Yet another controversial rant from Satan's Rubber Duck. No offence is intended.)

Today is September the 10th.

On this day exactly one year ago, thousands of people died. Some died of old age, as old people are wont to do. Others were hurt in attacks, in which they were innocent bystanders. Others OD'd, or jumped, or hanged themselves, basically they committed suicide. More died from of natural causes, like heart attacks or cancer. Some died because of industrial accidents. Most deaths weren't intentional. The friends and family of all the people who died on this day, exactly one year ago, were hurt by their mother's/father's/friend's/uncle's/aunt's/brother's/sister's/etc death.

LET'S GO TO WAR AND MAKE HUNDREDS OF F**CKING TV DOCUMENTARIES ABOUT IT ONE YEAR LATER!

OK, I'll explain. People died on September 11th last year, can't be denied. Innocent people, most of them. Even the pilots in the planes - not the highly-qualified, richly-paid ones; the 'terrorist' ones - were innocent, in a way. They were fighting for what they believed. OK, it hurt thousands, millions if you include the families and friends of the victims. But it made a point. Writing a strongly worded letter to George W Bush (I'm assuming you all know how I feel about him) wouldn't have got the Taliban anywhere. I'm not condoning what happened, not in any way. But America, no, wait, George W Bush, retaliated. His 'smart' bombs weren't very smart at all. Too many of them missed, hitting innocent villagers. Even if they did support the Taliban and their ideals, well, everyone is entitled to an opinion. Providing that was all they did - have an opinion - and not actually *do* anything, they are innocent. And, as much as I dislike George W Bush and all he does, I am not trying to put the blame purely on him. Many of his advisers and cronies are as corrupt as he is. What I am trying to do, is take the blame away from the USA in general. "Hey, that guy lives in America! He must hate the Taliban!!" C'mon! That's like saying everyone in Scotland wears kilts, everyone is England is posh and snooty, and everyone in Wales does rude things with sheep (sorry, Wales, you got the short straw).

But, back to the point. Innocent people died in the Twin Towers, true. People in the Pentagon and the other flights too. But many innocent people died in the Middle East too. Let's remember them too. Let's remember that they have probably had worse lives than most of the people in America who died that day. Let's remember that they have probably done less to damage the environment than America too. Let's remember that they have worse living conditions than most 'first world' homeless people (and I mean the real homeless people, not the 'professional' ones).

Now, I'm not trying to be insulting. Or bad-mouth any of the victims of the attacks on either side of the world. But what I have said is true.

But people die every day. Young, old, naturally, accidentally. Where are their TV documentaries? Where are their wars?

Now, I should probably say something about caring for the families of the victims, or something like that. But it'd be a lie. I don't care, really. Yes, I know that sounds insensitive. If you are a friend/family member of a victim of September 11th 2001, then you have my sympathies. You are all being used as an excuse for war. That is what George W Bush is doing. In a way, you are being used as an excuse for further terrorism - after all, that is what Bush and his cronies are doing - not the people in the US Army, they are only following orders. War is just fancy terrorism.

cont...

satansrubberduck

| 7,520 posts

10th Sept 2002 at 7:58 am

...cont

But I don't care. If I cared about every one who died, I'd never ever ever ever be happy. I don't mean to be insensitive. You do have my sympathies, and I certainly wouldn't want to be in your shoes, but deep down, really deep down, I don't actually truly care. It was a tragedy. It was terrible. It wasn't nice. You have my sympathies, but I don't truly care. Maybe it's that I can't care. There is too much sorrow and suffering in the world for the human heart and soul to be able to comprehend, much less feel true sorrow for.

Also, what about everyone else who suffered a personal tragedy on September 11th 2001? A tragedy not connected with the Twin Towers? Do they get prime time programmes? Noooo. But they have been hurt just as badly.

And what about the millions in Asia who get flooded out of their homes - and I mean really flooded, not flooded like places here are - and the millions of them who don't make it. In fact, the flooding of their homes could be the result of USA's selfishness about the environment (I'm talking about the leaders here, not the Homer Simpsons). They don't get a fraction of the number of documentaries as the 9/11, as the Americans call it, disaster. Now, I'm not trying to measure the scale of tragedies by the number of TV documentaries. I'm just trying to prove a point.

Tomorrow is September 11th.

On this day, thousands of people will die. Some will die of old age, as old people are wont to do. Others will be hurt in attacks, in which they are innocent bystanders. Others will OD, or jump, or hang themselves, basically they will commit suicide. More will die from of natural causes, like heart attacks or cancer. Some will die because of industrial accidents. Most deaths won't be intentional. The friends and family of all the people who will die on this day, will be hurt by their mother's/father's/friend's/uncle's/aunt's/brother's/sister's/etc death.

Next year, however, when they repeat all the documentaries of September 11th 2001, noone'll remember the people who died on September 11th 2002. The media will still be dredging up the past. Bush will still be using it as an excuse for war.

As I said at the start, no offence is meant by this. I am sorry if you are connected in any way to the attacks that happened last year (as long as it is more than just watching it on TV). But - unfortunately - most of it is true.

Satan's Rubber Duck

PS Yes, I know I haven't mentioned the firefighters once in this. But (again this'll sound insensitive) they were just doing their jobs. And personally, I feel that a firefighter who goes into a burning room is just as brave as one who goes into a burning skyscraper. They could both cost an innocent human being his or her life.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

10th Sept 2002 at 9:16 am

Animal -

the mans has a very very good point, and im glad to see someone who shares my view on it, i care that they died but i also know that millions die daily, the only thing that made the deaths of those in the towers or the pentagon any different was that it was through an act of terrorism, and you could argue that they died before theree time(though id argue you on this one but thats a whole new topic)

For the record(im straying off topic here but considering the subject matter SRD shouldnt mind)

to a degree america deserved the attacks, i dont mean to say those people deserved to die, i dont mean that at all, but the USA had been bombing Iraq and afgahnistan for the past decade and thought that no one "important" cared, the residents of those countries cared, the innocent civilians killed in the bombing runs cared(oh they killed civilians? the US wouldnt do that surely....sorry but they did, running into 5 figure numbers too for civilian casualty numbers from the bombings) but yet do these Afgans or Iraqi's get tv show after tv show and a day of mourning for their deaths(which in some if not all cases have been equally horrific as the world trade centre/pentagon attacks) no, infact he US media doesnt even acknowledge they have died for the most par, nor do most other countries media.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

outcast

| 0 posts

10th Sept 2002 at 9:42 am

there is a difference between dieing and being killed.

to kill another man woman or child is the path of evil. bushes attacks after the 11th last year were evil.
but the terrorist attacks were evil to. and the people phisically resposable were doing something they new was wrong. i believe in meny things. although i dont belong to any religon.
and if i was to kill in the name of what i believed in i would be doing something that was wrong and against what i believed in. it would be contridictory.

a war now is wrong. it always has been. the system needs to be changed .

the thing that upsets me is the fact that the world only sat up and took notice when the all mighty america was attacked.

now i have nothing against the american people. but we all should have cared long before now.

hhhmmmmm... i know no one will listen to this , or what i have to say.

so i might as well just leave

outcast

| 0 posts

10th Sept 2002 at 9:46 am

george bush isnt the one who is gonna start a war. but the real george bush is...... (think about it. once a daddys boy always a daddys boy)

Claire

| 15,814 posts

10th Sept 2002 at 4:30 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Woo...G had one long rant there, and have to say I agree with a lot of it. Even though, granted, the people who died on 10th of September weren't killed by terrorists, that doesn't make them any less important than those who died on the 11th.

What newspapers, documentary teams etc realised was that September 11th interested and shocked people, made them want to find out as much as possible about what had happened and who it'd happened to, and in turn made the News Group & TV companies money. They profited whereas they wouldn't have done having bunged 2,000 odd people who died on the 10th on their front pages and news bulletins.

The Afghans who were killed were not of as much use to them, because, although George Bush was proclaiming 'The American people & the World want us to fight the infidels', truth was the World was ashamed that he was further putting their lives at risk while being hypocritical by killing more 'innocents', and that they had the most stupid man in the World for their President.

Sorry if anyone's already said this in a different way, I read it all, just I'm half asleep.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

satansrubberduck

| 7,520 posts

12th Sept 2002 at 9:05 pm

Where are the roll calls for all the Arab dead?

When will the US learn they are not always the best in the world?

When will Bush be assassinated and do everyone a favour?

SRD

PS Not the last one exactly... just that's the only way I can think of that would get him out of the way.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

12th Sept 2002 at 9:22 pm

Animal -

[quote=outcast_ link=1031644708/0#3 date=1031650978]there is a difference between dieing and being killed.

to kill another man woman or child is the path of evil. bushes attacks after the 11th last year were evil.
but the terrorist attacks were evil to. and the people phisically resposable were doing something they new was wrong. i believe in meny things. although i dont belong to any religon.
and if i was to kill in the name of what i believed in i would be doing something that was wrong and against

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

uponthetelegram

| 0 posts

13th Sept 2002 at 2:01 pm

Vietnam
Cambodia
Hiroshima
Nagasaka
Iraq
Kosovo
countless more...

Do you see?

clivey_baby

| 0 posts

13th Sept 2002 at 6:36 pm

you make a very gud case for one so ickle (whether yellow pages are involved or otherwise)
and you have my full agreement
youd also have a longer responce from me but i seem to be developing sum form of attention deffisit thingy and keep dissapearing off into very very nice dream worlds....
*sigh*

Phil

| 7,619 posts

27th Sept 2002 at 8:37 pm

Phil - Hippo Moderator of Heck!

Hippo Moderator of Heck!

I want to know who agreed to let the USA into the UN security council. They're hungry for war. If they can't find a "reason" to start one, they'll join in where they're not needed.

They always join the side that's winning -

WWI - 1917 America joins the allies, who don't really need them because the war is as good as over by then.

WWII - 1941 America joins the allies, but only when provoked by Japan. Then they "end" it by destroying Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Revenge they say. Est. Deaths: Pearl Harbour - 2, 400 Atomic Bomb attacks - 240,000. Revenge 100 times over. And remember, the Pearl Harbour Victims were Military. Hiroshima and Nagasaki's populations were innocent civilians.

Korea - 1950 America joins BIG South Korea, against LITTLE North Korea.

Vietnam - 1964 America joins BIG South Vietnam against LITTLE North Vietnam (the Viet-Kong). (Do you see a cowardly pattern here?)

The Gulf - 1990 America spends 61.1 BILLION pounds on a less than one year war, and one MONTH of actual fighting. The UN decides to stop, but America want's to carry on, never mind, Jr. can carry on later.

Afganistan - 2001 America (with more than help from the UN and the Northern Allience) Removes the Taliban (and kills an awful lot of people as innocent as the victims of 9/11) Revenge they say. Yeah, they commited act's of terrorism against us, lets do the same to them.

I could say more, but I won't.

They say democracy works, what a joke.

Some of you know my views on communism, all I'll say now is it works (in theory). There's a very good joke in the Simpsons episode where Homer becomes a captain on a nuclear sub. A good joke, but a very good point all the same.
She's the kind of girl that leaves out condoms on the bedroom dresser
Just to make you jealous of the men she f*cked before you met her.

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

27th Sept 2002 at 8:47 pm

To copy something 1929 said, I feel we should hold a minute's silence on sept. 11th for the innocent suicide bombers killed in the trade centres.

Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

http://www.cco.net/~jpete/deepthou.htm

Been training dogs

| 4,685 posts

27th Sept 2002 at 8:49 pm

Quote: lawfulhippo_
Korea - 1950 America joins BIG South Korea, against LITTLE North Korea.

Vietnam - 1964 America joins BIG South Vietnam against LITTLE North Vietnam (the Viet-Kong). (Do you see a cowardly pattern here?)

Korea - They still haven't decided who won that one, the talks are still going on.

Vietnam - America got their asses kicked.

HAH!
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind.

http://www.cco.net/~jpete/deepthou.htm

Animal

| 32,547 posts

28th Sept 2002 at 1:08 am

Animal -

I want to know who agreed to let the USA into the UN security council.
the same person who realised just how much godamn hardware and money the US has, they probably thought, "ahh its only going to be some dumb american we have o deal with we can control them to ur advantage" hmm maybe not

Quote:
They're hungry for war. If they can't find a "reason" to start one, they'll join in where they're not needed.

They always join the side that's winning -
not only that but they claim THEY won the war

Quote:
They say democracy works, what a joke.
i dont see ANY real political view as being able to work, other than say having the worlds population become a global communist society and let a high power computer with some form of AI and incredible reasoning, cognative and logic capabilities to run the world(its a machine it cant go on a power trip if its not designed to) but who would happily let a machine rule there country...bah....but yeah, so long as a human leader is involved in my eyes no politiacl methods work, as the leader will always become corrupt

power corrupts but absolute power corupts absolutly or what evr the hell that saying is(you know what i mean)

Cycling Antics

Phil

| 7,619 posts

28th Sept 2002 at 11:54 am

Hippo Moderator of Heck!

Bring back Lenin. I know he's dead, but that's beside the point.

Phil

| 7,619 posts

28th Sept 2002 at 11:58 am

Hippo Moderator of Heck!

Quote: Johnny_Klatchian_

Korea - They still haven't decided who won that one, the talks are still going on.

Vietnam - America got their asses kicked.

HAH!

Yup, your right. They still joined the side most likely to win. It's shame the lost really(!)

But seriously, It's a shame so many people had to die to show America they wern't invincible. But they still haven't learnt their lesson. So inevitably, more will die.

Phil

| 7,619 posts

28th Sept 2002 at 12:04 pm

Hippo Moderator of Heck!

Quote: Johnny_Truant_

the same person who realised just how much godamn hardware and money the US has, they probably thought, "ahh its only going to be some dumb american we have o deal with we can control them to ur advantage" hmm maybe not

But Hardware shouldn't matter (it does, but it shouldn't) because the UN is a PEACEKEEING force. So it seems a idiotic to have the biggest warmaker in the world on, what is essentialy, a peace council.

Quote:
not only that but they claim THEY won the war

But they never admit to losing it.

[quote]i dont see ANY real political view as being able to work, other than say having

Animal

| 32,547 posts

28th Sept 2002 at 12:10 pm

Animal -

[quote=lawfulhippo_ link=1031644708/15#16 date=1033214664]

But Hardware shouldn't matter (it

Cycling Antics

Phil

| 7,619 posts

28th Sept 2002 at 12:27 pm

Hippo Moderator of Heck!

[quote=Johnny_Truant_ link=1031644708/15#17 date=1033215020]
ah but you see,

Animal

| 32,547 posts

28th Sept 2002 at 12:32 pm

Animal -

But not destroy the world with 9,800 (give or take a couple) Nuclear Warheads.
not to be funny but they couldnt destroy the world if they tried, as a species we are very arrogant in our assumptions about our destructive powers, yes if they set every nuke on the planet of simultaneously it would cause a terrible amount of damage to the earth but she would recover(given time), the only thing that would be destroyed is us and about 99% of all other animal life, but no we couldnt take out the earth as such it would take an aweful lot to do that(just remember the force most "global killer" meteors strike with and you'll see what i mean)

Cycling Antics

Phil

| 7,619 posts

28th Sept 2002 at 3:33 pm

Hippo Moderator of Heck!

not to be funny but they couldnt destroy the world if they tried, as a species we are very arrogant in our assumptions about our destructive powers, yes if they set every nuke on the planet of simultaneously it would cause a terrible amount of damage to the earth but she would recover(given time), the only thing that would be destroyed is us and about 99% of all other animal life, but no we couldnt take out the earth as such it would take an aweful lot to do that(just remember the force most "global killer" meteors strike with and you'll see what i mean)

Yeah, sorry, I did mean that, as opposed to blowing the planet to smithereens, but I didn't make it clear. Sorry Again

Animal

| 32,547 posts

28th Sept 2002 at 4:12 pm

Animal -

tis ok, im sorry if i came across as having a go, i wasnt...

Cycling Antics

Phil

| 7,619 posts

28th Sept 2002 at 4:20 pm

Hippo Moderator of Heck!

tis ok, im sorry if i came across as having a go, i wasnt...

No it didn't.

The Angry Monkey Show

| 2,387 posts

11th Sept 2003 at 12:18 am

The Angry Monkey Show - Stop it, Catherine

Stop it, Catherine

On this day, one year ago, Rare announced that they were to be bought by Microsoft. A moment's silence, please.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/Brilliant+Karl.png]

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

29th Sept 2003 at 1:27 pm

Captain Stupendo - snarf!

snarf!

youre defending terrorists! There are other ways to defend yourself other than killing thousands of innocent people. If the hijackers crashed those planes into a military base fair enough it would be seen as a tactical attack on the soilders and pilots who have attacked there homelands. Wars should be waged on soldiers and fighters not on the innocent!!
Never take life seriously.

satansrubberduck

| 7,520 posts

10th Sept 2004 at 8:53 pm

Many of the soldiers who are based in military bases in their homeland are innocent too, as they have never actually been to war. Many of the people in the Twin Towers may have been involved in the trading of weapons, but because they didn't actually shoot them, are they still innocent? Innocence is a relative term.

"If the hijackers crashed those planes into a military base fair enough..." You do realise there were people aboard the planes who were also innocent? So there goes your argument.

Wars shouldn't be waged, full stop.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page