Downtime

Posted In: News. Reading This Thread:

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

23rd Oct 2009 at 4:30 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

VR was down for most of last night - for reasons mostly unknown. From my logs it went down about 1am, and only came back up about 2 this afternoon.

I could've had it up a bit quicker, but performance was a bit slow until I repaired the database...

This is what my host said.

Quote:
Looking at the core dumps they are referencing SQLite. From the servers logs I see we reinstalled SQLite at 5:37am CDT this morning. As far as why the issue started, the server had been rebooted into a new kernel and it appears SQLite had been affected at some point in that process. It looks like everything is working properly now.

Hostgator are great and their tech support guys are top notch - but I'm going to look into getting a dedicated server in the UK for VR, to speed it up a bit more. Plus I'd know when there is likely to be downtime like this.

Anyway, sorry guys

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

24th Oct 2009 at 7:10 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Das Buroski, Oct 2009
Want me to see how much a dedicated box at my place would be under staff pricing?

Would be nice to get some prices... but I think zen is a little out of my price range. Plus I don't really need a dedicated box, a VPS would be perfect - but I don't think you guys do that?

Claire: FNSICLS NEXT FRIDAY 8PM OK BYE
Vel: I'm in!!
Πανδώρα: Beep beep. Its Tuesday.
Πανδώρα: It might be Wednesday by now. Not sure.
EvilTongs: It's definitely a day of some sort
Dinglebutt: Wednesday.... *takes long drag of cigarette*.... Now that's a name I've not heard in many a year.....
Claire: Pals and pals, it is FNSIC again tomorrow, please let me know if you need the details.
Πανδώρα: Testicle.
Claire: Hi guys, I’m Tess Ticle and welcome to my TED talk
Luco El Loco: Activity in 2020? Hooray, nice to see VR life.
Claire: I’d not go that far...a lovely lovely zombie perhaps
Luco El Loco: True.
EvilTongs: It was bizarre how a group of us spontaneously returned when the pandemic stuff kicked off.
Vel: Bizarre or playing the long game? Hmmm, Mr Tongs?
Bellatrixa: I'm just here to reset my password and go about my business, trying not to cringe too much at how I was affected by the abusive f*ckwit I was living with towards the end of my time on this site.
Πανδώρα: AAAARRRGHHH. That is all.
Claire: Lisa I love Lisa, kindest regards to Lisaaaaa
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Eating Jaffa Cakes thinking about WLW...
Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie

One Page