VR Factor: THE FINAL

Posted In: News. Reading This Thread:

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

9th Jun 2007 at 5:25 pm

THE JUDGES' FINAL VERDICTS

Incidentally in the final of the real X-Factor they all perform the official X-Factor song.  Seeing as we don't have one, I propose Party Hard by Andrew WK.  Anyone who performs that gets an extra vote.  Especially if it's Sarah.

EMMA 37th
You've been a bit hit-and-miss all competition.  I think you're trying a bit too hard to be Gwen Stefani so you sound a bit special needs in parts of this, but at least you can hold a note.  JOEL'S FINAL RANKING = 6th

CLAIRE
You know I think you deserve to win, and even though the original of this song, faux-American voices and too many histrionics are all my pet hates, I stand by that.  It wasn't your strongest, but who cares now?  And of course your She Will Be Loved is still the best recording of the competition.  JOEL'S FINAL RANKING = 1st

GEORGE
Aside from a William Shatner impersonator there is clearly no hope for you in life.  Congratulations, we have a new worst recording. JOEL'S FINAL RANKING = 14th (although only 11 finished, I'm including Jenny, Kim and myself above you, who only entered one week)

LANDA
I thought you were Phil when I started listening to this...  It's a tame song with high notes, so god knows why you chose it.  You've had your moments in this competition, but this isn't one of them.  JOEL'S FINAL RANKING = 7th

AMY
Your voice isn't really suited to this, you go flat when you try to go low.  And again you can't sing in time.  Yes, I did like Adam's Song, but it's a shame you haven't been able to match that at all.  JOEL'S FINAL RANKING = 8th

SARAH
I dont want you to think my constant criticism means there's anything wrong with your voice, you've got a very good singing voice, I just don't like it.  I don't think you've got much of a range, it's all too high, but Runaway showcases your voice well, its one of your best.  JOEL'S FINAL RANKING = 4th

MARTIN
Put a bit of passion into it!  You sound like you're just reading the words rather than actually performing.  You might have a bit more potential as a rapper, so it's slightly better than all your others.  And god knows why you thought Heart Of Glass was more tuneful, it's horrendous.  JOEL'S FINAL RANKING = 10th

GARY
You've suprised us by proving you can sing in this competition.  You've been a bit up and down, but you've finished on a high with the last couple of rounds.  I can see you as the 'serious' one in a ballad-y boyband.  JOEL'S FINAL RANKING = 5th

EMMA
I do think your chances in this competition have been blown by your own song choices.  You need a better manager... (think Fox Like Me )  This was one of your best performances, you've proved you have an excellent voice, you just need some more confidence in it.  JOEL'S FINAL RANKING = 3rd

COLIN
You're right, it's not a hard song, and you know you can do much more technical songs.  A strong performance, and you definately have potential as a rock singer.  If your band weren't so horrifically 70s I'd offer to manage you. JOEL'S FINAL RANKING = 2nd

PHIL
Heh, for some reason this really worked with your voice, and I don't know why.  I'm almost tempted to say it's your best recording.  Nice orgasm too.
JOEL'S FINAL RANKING = 9th
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Colin

| 10,038 posts

9th Jun 2007 at 6:20 pm

Colin -

Quote: Team_Forti
GARY
I can see you as the 'serious' one in a ballad-y boyband.

http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

9th Jun 2007 at 6:24 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Best. Picture. Ever.

Gary

| 3,774 posts

9th Jun 2007 at 6:43 pm

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

Are those my thumbs, or am I pointing at my penis?
[http://imagegen.last.fm/Apnet/recenttracks/3/se_osiris.gif]

I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator temporarily out of order" sign, only an "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."
- Mitch Hedberg

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

9th Jun 2007 at 6:54 pm

TinyShine -

Ooo I can just see those posters all over teenage girl's bedrooms across the country!!!

Aww and Joel, you've actually given me a back-handed compliment in saying i sing all high! I occasionally sing backing vocals for my sister (She's the talented one in the family!) and i always do an alto bit and some people have laughed at the 'manly tones' I do, despite being a tiny wee girly! I never thought I could reach high bits. (Although I do squeak!)

I would do Andrew WK, although I'm too worried Martin may call off the wedding as I may be scary Ah I jest, I will not track you down and beat you up for disliking my voice and accent! Rawr.

Well done everyone! We're all done, woo!

Sarah xx

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

9th Jun 2007 at 7:23 pm

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

I'd give the entire competition to Phil for that performance. Felt like touching myself, tbh.

Analrapist.

Tobias Fünke

| 4,730 posts

9th Jun 2007 at 7:46 pm

Tobias Fünke  - I blue myself.

I blue myself.

Also, George deserves better than 14th. He's chosen the better songs to murder, surely that's worth a point or two.
Analrapist.

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

9th Jun 2007 at 7:50 pm

TinyShine -

Aaaaah! That is too freaky!

Sarah xx

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

10th Jun 2007 at 12:40 pm

Chris Kamara -

I can count the amount of votes I've had in on one hand 9pm tomorrow.. final ever deadline!

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

10th Jun 2007 at 6:27 pm

Jewbacca -

Why is there a deadline? I would say post up a list of people who haven't voted and we all pester them until they do.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

10th Jun 2007 at 6:42 pm

Chris Kamara -

More people are voting now, so I shouldn't worry too much, everything is in order

Tomorrow I shall post up the total scores as well.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

10th Jun 2007 at 6:47 pm

Chris Kamara -

I suspect that people are voting without having actually listened to the songs. Well actually that's definitely the case with some people, which is a shame because it makes things a little unfair.

If people could find the time to listen to each track, even just a little bit, and vote based on what they thought of it, that would be great.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

10th Jun 2007 at 7:18 pm

Chris Kamara -

Well, in some cases people have had their songs viewed less times than I have had votes. For example, say someone's song has been viewed 10 times, and I've received 15 votes, then there are people there who have voted without having listened to all the songs, and so regardless of who they have voted for, that is in my opinion a little bit unfair. Never the less, all the votes have been added up into the table

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

11th Jun 2007 at 9:10 am

TinyShine -

I think it could work the opposite way too; people voting for their friends without listening to the songs. But hey, it's all in the name of fun

Everyone votes for different things; everyone's idea of a good voice is different, so I don't think it's anything personal! Some people might vote for who is funniest or who had the strongest voice or the most interesting take on a song, or a mixture of all those! Who knows?!

Sarah xx

Colin

| 10,038 posts

11th Jun 2007 at 2:29 pm

Colin -

Chuck Norris.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

11th Jun 2007 at 5:03 pm

Chris Kamara -

3 hours of voting left. Even Phil has managed to get his votes in ( ) so if there's anyone left, get a move on!

I have begun constructing the final table. It's gold !

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

11th Jun 2007 at 8:12 pm

Chris Kamara -

The top ten from this week are....

Sarah
Claire
Emma
Colin
Gary
Marton
Emma 37th
Phil
George
Amy

And so with that.. the final table!

Just 4 points separated the top 3 this week... and it was very tight all the way through the competition. Sarah, Claire and Emma took good points every single week, and Sarah really had a tremendous first couple of weeks, which meant the others had some serious work to do. Claire cut the lead down well, but with so many votes this week, Sarah managed to get the final crucial advantage. Congratulations to her.

George finally got himself into the table! At the unfortunate expense of Landa, who despite not gaining too many points kept on singing and never dropped out, so fair play

Well done to everyone who took part - it has been very entertaining and I've enjoyed hearing you all sing!

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

11th Jun 2007 at 8:16 pm

TinyShine -

Aww thanks everyone
I am chuffed lots. Yay!

Eeeeek, i never win things!!!! (apart from a pair of slippers for colouring in once)

(Don't cut off everyone's ears, Joel )

Sarah xx

Gary

| 3,774 posts

11th Jun 2007 at 8:21 pm

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

Woooo!

Congrats to everyone. Weeks of wondering about the results of the Battle Of The Big Three are over

(and thanks for the votes too :-*)

I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator temporarily out of order" sign, only an "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."
- Mitch Hedberg

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

11th Jun 2007 at 8:22 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

To be honest, the table bugs me because it's not straight

But a good result, congrats to the winners!

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

11th Jun 2007 at 8:25 pm

Chris Kamara -

Quote: 27182
To be honest, the table bugs me because it's not straight

But a good result, congrats to the winners!

Pff...! It'll do

I had to keep changing it because of last minute votes.. Ahem.

;P

By the way, that line is going in the quote of the day thread, Sarah:

"Eeeeek, i never win things!!!! (apart from a pair of slippers for colouring in once)"

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

11th Jun 2007 at 8:26 pm

TinyShine -

They were dinosaur slippers!

Sarah xx

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

11th Jun 2007 at 10:03 pm

Jewbacca -

I won a Bunny for a colouring in competition, I named him Sammy and I bet he's in my sisters room somewhere. Not seen that dude in ages.

Gary

| 3,774 posts

11th Jun 2007 at 10:07 pm

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

I once had a bunny that could be coloured in. You put him in the washing machine and he went back to normal again, and then... more colouring!

I didn't win him though. I saved up and bought him with my pocket money. He was cute.

- Mitch Hedberg

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

11th Jun 2007 at 10:17 pm

Chris Kamara -

I was as well You'd been so close on so many occasions. It was now or never ;p

Colin

| 10,038 posts

12th Jun 2007 at 6:59 am

Colin -

Yay, I'm beneath the clearest margin!
Thanks for the votes, every sucker who did. And great table and vote-counting work throughout, Martin. Congratulations to everyone who wants them.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

12th Jun 2007 at 10:24 am

Chris Kamara -

Cheers, Colin! It was good fun

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

13th Jun 2007 at 12:16 am

Jewbacca -

Thanks!

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

15th Jun 2007 at 4:27 pm

TinyShine -

Aww bless! Thank you wee Alex

Sarah xx

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page