VR Christmas picture satire

Posted In: News. Reading This Thread:

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 5:22 am

Dissimulation -

As christmas is nearly upon us, I've taken it upon myself to put together a few festive pictures poking some friendly fun at other members of the great vegetable revolution. Please remember, there's no venom behind these pics and I hope the people satirised in these pictures recieve them with the spirit in which they are offered.

Please feel free to add your own festive VR satire pics, too. The more the merrier guys so get creative.
Anyway, please enjoy and have a very merry christmas, everyone.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 5:24 am

Dissimulation -

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 5:25 am

Dissimulation -

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 5:26 am

Dissimulation -

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 6:48 am

Jewbacca -

dear god. hahaha.

*ahem*

yes, taken in good humour.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 12:44 pm

Chris Kamara -

best Christmas thread ever. Shame I ain't got Photoshop on this PC.

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 3:27 pm

Merry Christmas!

Snazzberry

| 2,526 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 3:58 pm

Snazzberry - i r lion. i r bite you.

i r lion. i r bite you.

hahaha those are great. a sad thing happened when i couldnt figure out who the first picture was until i read the caption...
[quote author=the doc link=1161728632/360#370 date=1193262367]If i wanna scratch me balls i use a hedgehog like everyone else.[/quote]

Colin

| 10,038 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 4:12 pm

Colin -

Ever wondered what Strawberry does at Christmas?

http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

wombat

| 8,154 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 4:23 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

who is that a picture of, colon?

also- a megazine t-shirt of clever photoshop?

also also- colon, *snigger*.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Colin

| 10,038 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 4:46 pm

Colin -

Quote: wombat
who is that a picture of, colon?

also- a megazine t-shirt of clever photoshop?

also also- colon, *snigger*.

Just anybody who I could find with a lot of Christmas (ie, small) trees around them.

Clever Paint Shop Pro job.

F*ck off.

Edited by Colin Dec 2006

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 4:56 pm

Jewbacca -

Quote: June_Bug
hahaha those are great. a sad thing happened when i couldnt figure out who the first picture was until i read the caption...

i didnt realise it was me either. but i was drunk

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 5:34 pm

Dissimulation -

Colin

| 10,038 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 5:59 pm

Colin -

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 6:02 pm

Dissimulation -

Excellent

Colin

| 10,038 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 7:01 pm

Colin -

I don't really understand the whole joke about Gaz, but, as they say,
"If at first you see a bandwagon, jump, jump again"
It's a very obvious joke, too, but meh.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 7:14 pm

Dissimulation -

This next pic could be scene two after Claire's.

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 7:18 pm

TinyShine -

Martin and I are in fits laughing

Sarah xx

Big nose strikes again

| 2,343 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 7:45 pm

I wish I had photoshop, or paint on this pile of sh*te puter. Jamie and peanuts would feature, together. In the best possible humour of course, mwah
[

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 8:00 pm

Dissimulation -

I wouldn't expect any less.

Big nose strikes again

| 2,343 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 9:38 pm

It's what the christmas spirit is all about, I'm sure
[

Organised Confusion

| 3,982 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 10:15 pm

Quote:
To sum up, just remember how much more of a better person you are than the c*nt who makes fun of you.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 10:35 pm

Dissimulation -

I hope someone's not being a bad sport.

Organised Confusion

| 3,982 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 10:43 pm

Yes, I am.

Cause these things just don't go well.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 10:51 pm

Dissimulation -

To be fair, you're the only one who's had a problem with it so far. I'm not gonna tell you how to react, but like I said at the beginning, there's no venom in any of these pictures, they're just satirising different issues that have cropped on VR over the last year.

You're more than welcome to poke fun at me in return.

Organised Confusion

| 3,982 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 11:05 pm

It's just not my style. I know it's yours, so do what you like. I've given up hope of people ever stopping anyway. Whatever.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 11:06 pm

Jewbacca -

to be honest i dont understand most of the jokes anyway :-[

but i dont mind being poked fun at. and not just in the way that rimmer from red dwarf didnt mind it, but in the way that some things that have been said were actually quite funny.

not nearly as hillarious as everyone seems to be saying, though. but like i said i dont understand most of these funnies.

Big nose strikes again

| 2,343 posts

23rd Dec 2006 at 11:14 pm

Rob is dyslexic, Gaz is apparently a kiddy fiddler.

EDIT: hey wait, that sounded harsh.

I like Gaz even if some people don't

Edited by Big nose strikes again Dec 2006
[

wombat

| 8,154 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 12:11 am

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

I don't actually think may of these are very funny.

One of them did make me laugh though.

But which one? ooohhhhh!??!?!?!!?!?!?!
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 12:34 am

Jewbacca -

Quote: wombat
I don't actually think may of these are very funny.

One of them did make me laugh though.

But which one? ooohhhhh!??!?!?!!?!?!?!

the first one made me laugh, but perhaps only because im so egotistical. hehe. now someone can make a joke about egotesticle.

other than that, the rox/tabby thing was aight. but i was keeping quiet incase people just thought i was being a bad sport

Gary

| 3,774 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 1:20 am

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

Quote: Easy_E
To be fair, you're the only one who's had a problem with it so far. I'm not gonna tell you how to react, but like I said at the beginning, there's no venom in any of these pictures, they're just satirising different issues that have cropped on VR over the last year.

To be fair, I'm guessing the only reason that one picture was posted was because of Gillian's thread started two days ago where she explained quite clearly how much jokes like that upset her.

Sorry, but I really don't see how you could expect a better reaction. Fair enough with people that you know are happy for you to poke a bit of fun, but when someone goes to the trouble to say how much they don't like it before you even do it then it seems a bit harsh. Especially when you do it because you know it'll upset.
[http://imagegen.last.fm/Apnet/recenttracks/3/se_osiris.gif]

I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator temporarily out of order" sign, only an "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."
- Mitch Hedberg

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 2:24 am

Dissimulation -

Quote: Gary

To be fair, I'm guessing the only reason that one picture was posted was because of Gillian's thread started two days ago where she explained quite clearly how much jokes like that upset her.

Sorry, but I really don't see how you could expect a better reaction. Fair enough with people that you know are happy for you to poke a bit of fun, but when someone goes to the trouble to say how much they don't like it before you even do it then it seems a bit harsh. Especially when you do it because you know it'll upset.

I give up. If people want to spend the rest of their life up their own arses, that's no skin off my nose.

Gary

| 3,774 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 2:39 am

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

I give up. If people want to spend the rest of their life up their own arses, that's no skin off my nose.

You mean me? You seemed taken aback by someone not seeing the "funny" side of something they'd already said they're sick of hearing and upsets them. Punching someone in the face and saying "Hey - I don't mean it nasty, like. I just thought it would be funny. Punch me back if you want" doesn't make it justified in my opinion.

I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator temporarily out of order" sign, only an "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."
- Mitch Hedberg

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 3:09 am

Dissimulation -

Oh for f*cks sake, get down off your high horse, Gary.
I've already explained two f*cking times now that there is no venom behind this thead and to be quite frank, I couldn't care less how people want to take it. I've got more important things going on in my life right now than to give two sh*ts whether or not some stranger on the internet is offended by a mild bit of ribbing. "Taken aback"..haha..do come along now.

I mean, there was me thinking that people on VR would be mature and rounded enough to have a little giggle at themselves, but I guess I was wrong. I also expected more from you Gary than such a half-baked comparison as 'punching someone in the face'. Christ, If a horse was that lame mate, it would be taken round the back of the stables and shot.

I've been pretty well mannered on this thread up until now..now I'm just sick and tired of some people on this site being self-absorbed and up their own a*se cracks..whining about their trivial, non-existant problems like f*cking martyrs. It's pathetic.

Oh and before I get rounded on for that comment by the oh-so-holier-than-thou brigade..I know there's plenty of people on this site who have real problems, too..it's not any of them that these remarks are aimed at.

I mean, if you want to over exaggerate the issue any more Gary (obviously there's points to score here), you could say it's the same as me murdering someone and saying "Oh, I'm sorry I shot you in the head, fella. Here's an axe, you can murder me back if you want."

Thanks all the same to a couple of you for ruining the thread by turning it into yet another f*cking arguement. In the future, I'd be greatful for those of you who don't like me, or what I have to say, to not bother reading my threads and that way we can save all the trouble, okay.

I'm sure there's plenty of spamming you could all be doing in the meantime. Cos I'm eagerly anticipating what you might be eating for lunch today. Don't you dare make me lose sleep over it, either.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 3:16 am

Dissimulation -

You mean me?

Just to clarify..that wasn't aimed at you.

Will

| 6,984 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 3:20 am

C'mon, Gary does have a fair point. Gillian did say, and I quote: "I am sick of this. I am sick of the snidey remarks and not funny jokes." in her thread. You cant really expect her to take it as "friendly fun" after she's just ranted about how p*ssed off she is about jokes like that.

And I doubt Rox was too amused about hers either.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 3:27 am

Dissimulation -

Quote:
"I've already explained two f*cking times now that there is no venom behind this thead and to be quite frank, I couldn't care less how people want to take it.

For a moment there I thought I was writing in Spanish. Christ.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 3:57 am

Jewbacca -

we all understand there is no harm meant, but gillian specifically requested an end to the height jokes since they really get to her.

gary says: I'm guessing the only reason that one picture was posted was because of Gillian's thread started two days ago where 'she explained quite clearly how much jokes like that upset her.'

i dont think the intention was to upset gillian, but nice of you to stick up for her .

Edited by Jewbacca Dec 2006

Gary

| 3,774 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 4:03 am

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

My "punch in the face" analogy was pretty sucky, I'll admit. Perhaps it was more one of those friendly punches in the arm that actually hurt more than it was meant to? I stand by what I said though - if someone makes a point of saying they don't like being punched in the arm and are actually quite upset by people doing it and then someone does it, chances are they won't be too impressed :p

Jamie, I wasn't having a go. I find your posts funny. I find your threads entertaining. I admire your wit and wording. You started a thread with the intention on bringing seasonal happiness to a few people and you succeeded. It got a few laughs, brought out a smile or two and it made the front page. Good show. I was just throwing out that some bad feedback is to be expected when you choose to poke fun at something that's already been made clear is not fun to them. And these things are relative; something that wouldn't upset you can easily upset others. I'll say it one last time - when someone's already made it clear it upsets them then it's just not cricket.

To try and get back into the spirit of things, here's me on my high horse :p

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.com/Resources/Photos/random_stuff/highhorse.jpg]

- Mitch Hedberg

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 4:05 am

Jewbacca -

one of the best yet

Gary

| 3,774 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 4:06 am

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

Quote: Appletini
we all understand there is no harm meant, but gillian specifically requested an end to the height jokes since they really get to her.

gary says: I'm guessing the only reason that one picture was posted was because of Gillian's thread started two days ago where 'she explained quite clearly how much jokes like that upset her.'

i dont think the intention was to upset gillian, but nice of you to stick up for her .

I'm pretty confident that wasn't the intention too. By "the only reason that one picture was posted" I just meant that had Gillian's thread not been started in the first place then I doubt Jamie would have made the picture. It was the "seed" - wouldn't have made as much sense without the thread.

- Mitch Hedberg

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 4:09 am

Jewbacca -

oh yes, well now you put it like that :-X

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 12:01 pm

Um, you kmow, maybe if you could just remove Gillian's picture, because, she doesn't like it.......but, as everyone else is fine with theirs, keep them.

I have enjoyed this thread. Actually, the only one I didn't get was Gillian's, but that's probably cause I didn't see her post about how she doesn't like this kind of thing.

Anyways, Jamie, I like you, I like Gillian, I think the majority of the thread is ok, but seeing as it has worried Gillian....just remove it.

Merry Christmas.

Organised Confusion

| 3,982 posts

24th Dec 2006 at 3:19 pm

The last I am ever going to say on the matter...

I mean, there was me thinking that people on VR would be mature and rounded enough to have a little giggle at themselves, but I guess I was wrong.

I wish I could.

Quote:
I'm just sick and tired of some people on this site being self-absorbed and up their own a*se cracks..whining about their trivial, non-existant problems like f*cking martyrs. It's pathetic.

I know I'm pathetic. I've said so many times, but at the end of the day nobody can help what upsets them. I feel so guilty about crying myself to sleep over stupid things because I know they're ridiculous. I know people have real problems and I don't.
I hardly made a big deal out of this, just said it didn't go down well with me. I never got angry or asked you to remove it. From everything I've said, it was obvious I wouldn't take it well, I wasn't going to lie. I have to put up with things like this everyday, and I know it wasn't meant in a nasty way...it never is. It's the poking fun that upsets me.

Quote:
Thanks all the same to a couple of you for ruining the thread by turning it into yet another f*cking arguement. In the future, I'd be greatful for those of you who don't like me, or what I have to say, to not bother reading my threads and that way we can save all the trouble, okay.

I like you. You don't care if "some stranger off the internet" takes something the wrong way, well I don't care what "some stranger off the internet" thinks of me. It's just that when I spoke about something that upsets me (however trivial, and yes I know how trivial it is) and you do EXACTLY what I said upsets me, it hurts. I wish I could take it in good spirit, but I just can't, and that's all I said.

Thank you everyone who stood up for me, it means a lot.

I'm sorry this all went nasty cause of me. I know there was nothing malicious about this, but some of us can't handle the jokes, and that's our problem, but I'm sick of just taking it.

Merry Christmas everyone. Sorry again.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: