Queen

Posted In: Music. Reading This Thread:

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

28th Sept 2011 at 8:16 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Being a Queen fan seems to run in my family. My father likes them, so did my mother and so does my sister. i'm not keen on them, though.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

28th Sept 2011 at 8:35 am

River Phoenix

i prefer Queen to led zeppelin. That's not saying much, though. And the fiancé likes Pink Floyd but i've never seen the appeal of them.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

28th Sept 2011 at 8:44 am

River Phoenix

Hm, maybe. i do have a Queen album, though. The fiancé's sister bought it for us a few years ago as a Christmas present. Even though neither of us like Queen.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

28th Sept 2011 at 8:50 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Most of their songs are cack, but they have had some amazing songs. I have a particular soft spot for 'Tie Your Mother Down'

tl;dr - What? How was that too long? It's barely even one line (hard to tell as the 'Post Reply' box is narrower, so the actual line length is different once it's posted)! This explanation is probably longer than what I've typed up there. Jesus... the pure laziness of some people nowadays. Go back and read it all. Twice.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

28th Sept 2011 at 9:30 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

I've given up coffee in the mornings. I probably won't make sense until after 11 at least. Basically, tl;dr (too long; didn't read) is generally where someone writes a long post, then puts a shorter version at the end for people who didn't want to read it all.

Anyway, Queen were pretty much all style, little substance. Some cracking tunes, but too many godawful ones. Bicycle is one of my most hated songs of any band. Freddie Mercury had a truly amazing voice and stage presence. Brian May is a brilliant guitarist I think, but a lot of their songs didn't call for it so I think he could have been better. It was their songs that let them down. Way too much crap.

I suppose I agree in a way about Led Zeppelin too. Stairway to Heaven and The Rain Song are two of my favourite songs of all time, and they do have some other great songs, but most of their other songs are just messy and hard to get into.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

28th Sept 2011 at 9:46 am

River Phoenix

Quote: Commandant Lassard, Sept 2011
I've given up coffee in the mornings. I probably won't make sense until after 11 at least. Basically, tl;dr (too long; didn't read) is generally where someone writes a long post, then puts a shorter version at the end for people who didn't want to read it all.

Anyway, Queen were pretty much all style, little substance. Some cracking tunes, but too many godawful ones. Bicycle is one of my most hated songs of any band. Freddie Mercury had a truly amazing voice and stage presence. Brian May is a brilliant guitarist I think, but a lot of their songs didn't call for it so I think he could have been better. It was their songs that let them down. Way too much crap.

I suppose I agree in a way about Led Zeppelin too. Stairway to Heaven and The Rain Song are two of my favourite songs of all time, and they do have some other great songs, but most of their other songs are just messy and hard to get into.

The most shocking thing about this thread is that Baz thinks he makes sense.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

30th Sept 2011 at 4:16 pm

River Phoenix

i don't hate Queen; i'm just not keen on them. i did think it was funny how Don't Stop Me Now was used in Shaun of The Dead, though.

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

30th Sept 2011 at 6:43 pm

Captain Stupendo - snarf!

snarf!

I f*cking love Queen.
Never take life seriously.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page