Susskind

Posted In: Music. Reading This Thread:

klinsmann18

| 10,181 posts

7th Oct 2008 at 12:30 pm

klinsmann18 - Matt.

Matt.

You were in Susskind? Can't believe I'd not realised that before. I'm not sure whether or not I've seen them play, and If i have it most probably has been after the 2004 date on those songs, but I knew for some reason before the first song started playing that I was going to like it.

Anyway, good work from you and your man Davus there If i may say so
When you get here, the Welcome To This Town sign, it scares little kids with it's skulls and it's gore
When you leave here, the Get The Hell Out sign is well kept and pretty with floral decor

Me and Jez - King and Queen lobster spam team!!

klinsmann18

| 10,181 posts

7th Oct 2008 at 12:40 pm

klinsmann18 - Matt.

Matt.

To be quite honest, the name isn't mentioned around town half as much as it used to be (this may be down to Keighley having no music scene anymore, god even CJ's allowed us to watch bands even if it was a bit pants). I remember a time though (perhaps when you were in the band) that they, along with that Wet Paint lot, were the only two bands people bothered with.

Have they not changed their name to something else now anyway?
When you get here, the Welcome To This Town sign, it scares little kids with it's skulls and it's gore
When you leave here, the Get The Hell Out sign is well kept and pretty with floral decor

klinsmann18

| 10,181 posts

7th Oct 2008 at 12:59 pm

klinsmann18 - Matt.

Matt.

KilltoGain is another name I've seen around town, but I've not yet seen them.

My mates have a band that have played the 1 in 12 a few times, and I enjoyed the venue as it happens, p*ss cheap beer as you say, and its that tiny the noise gets right into you and stays there for a few days afterward.

Brand New Analogues are playing quite a bit, were at Gasworks a few weeks back.

Random Hand have never stopped. Personally i think they're okay, but yeah everyone does seem to love them. Last i heard, when i saw them at The Cricketers in the spring, they were jetting off to do some sort of tour of west coast America, though they must be home, cause i saw the trombonist bloke at the train station t'other day.

I wasn't such a great Wet Paint fan, but they had a lot of fans, and i did see them play.

klinsmann18

| 10,181 posts

7th Oct 2008 at 1:14 pm

klinsmann18 - Matt.

Matt.

I would have laughed. It closed down partly because no-one was going, and because whoever owned it apparently fled the country 'cause he was dodging taxes.

It wasn't a terrible venue, it just didn't stir up any sort of atmosphere. It always struck me as odd that when they were gearing up to have a decent local rock/metal band on, they'd put out extra chairs.....

Last gig I went to there was to see a band that played to a packed house of 14 people. 6 were underage and at the bar all night trying to get served, 2 were soundmen, 2 were me and my cousin eating kebabs on the chairs at the back, and the others were interested. Pity it went down the pan, as the local youngsters have nowhere to play now, and the Vic isn't very welcoming to anyone is it now?

klinsmann18

| 10,181 posts

7th Oct 2008 at 1:27 pm

klinsmann18 - Matt.

Matt.

If you set in The Vic on a Friday night, chances are someone will attack your bellend with a cheese grater anyway

Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...
Πανδώρα: MUHAHAHAHAHA!
IGH: And so it ends
Captain Spiky: I've just been loving life, going through the photos in the Meets gallery. so many awesome people that I loved hanging out with

One Page