Advert music

Posted In: Music. Reading This Thread:

My own perfect cousin

| 439 posts

18th May 2004 at 9:28 am

My own perfect cousin - *smug* just kicked odie off the table...again

*smug* just kicked odie off the table...again

Much of this is annoying (anyone else seen the new Extra gum advert? 'Mmmbop' is not likely to get me to buy the stuff). However, there are occasional gems. There was a Citroen ad last year with a track from the 28 Days Later soundtrack on it. Further good advert songs include:
Heroes - David Bowie (actually it's a cover version, but it's not bad)
Space Oddity - David Bowie
Joy! - Gay Dad

Anyone can name the adverts they come from I'll be impressed.
Any other good songs from adverts?
What was it I said that made you think I give a sh*t?
To save time: assume i know everything
My name is Rob.

The Underwhelmed One

| 7,111 posts

18th May 2004 at 9:29 am

there was the car advert with Smashmouth - Walking on the Sun that i LOVED. I have no idea what the car was though
I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.

Graham

| 5,553 posts

18th May 2004 at 10:15 am

I was going to mention the car one- wasnt it a Peugeot though? whatever it was, the songs brill, and is on the film soundtrack. found in all good music shops, and some bad ones too.
Quote: Barry Duffman, Aug 2008
it still doesnt make sense! He's talking about putting potatoes in cement to cook them!!

Wibble

| 5,323 posts

18th May 2004 at 11:20 am

scapegoat extraordinaire

Quote: My_own_perfect_cousin_
There was a Citroen ad last year with a track from the 28 Days Later soundtrack on it.

Ahhh, love love LOVE that track. Though it's really hard to explain to people what song it is though. I got very strange looks trying to immitate it. But yes, anyway, I shall have to think of some more advert tracks and get back to you.

Mr_Self_Destruct

| 73 posts

18th May 2004 at 12:41 pm

Trippy Mushrooms

There was a Vodaphone ad with NIN's The Perfect Drug on last year,which seemed a little weird as Trent always moans about artists doing that.
Also, Open Heart Zoo by Martin Grech was on a Lexus ad last year.That song is so haunting.

The 28 Days Later song is great.I was told it was by Jacknife Lee but on the soundtrack album it doesn't mention it.
this is the dark age of love

pain like a drain on my sense of wonder,makes you wonder,how many butterflies have died in growing old and trying to please the ones they least admire?

Hobbes

| 8,575 posts

18th May 2004 at 1:45 pm

Hobbes - the hoopiest of all the froods

the hoopiest of all the froods

The 28 Days Later one is called "In the house, in a heartbeat", by whoever did the rest of the background music (John Murphy I think). You won't find GY!BE on the soundtrack though. They only agreed to let them use the music on the condition it wasn't on the soundtrack

And of course who could forget the Muse/Nescafe fiasco. Nescafe ask Muse if they can use their cover of Feeling Good in an advert. Muse say no. Nescafe use it anyway. Muse sue Nescafe, get a lot of money, give it to charity. Nescafe gets some random to record their own cover of Feeling Good, which they can get the rights to, which just happens to be very similar to Muse's...
"I'M SIGNIFICANT!!!"
screamed the dust speck

Rose

| 3,316 posts

18th May 2004 at 2:20 pm

A very attractive man. Not me. Him.

Quote: My_own_perfect_cousin_

Space Oddity - David Bowie
Joy! - Gay Dad

Anyone can name the adverts they come from I'll be impressed.

'space oddity' was on a renault megane one that also had 'who let the dogs out' and 'dance the night away' (great tune)
'joy!' was on the mitsubishi big 4x4 thing.

Quote: Completely_Underwhelmed_
there was the car advert with Smashmouth - Walking on the Sun that i LOVED. I have no idea what the car was though

this one was ford fiesta, vamped up version. i think i take cars too seriously. or watch too much television.
currently bopping to 'are you gonna be my girl' by jet on the vodaphone ads.
Anton Chekhov - Smash Hits

Lucozade Lover

| 8,558 posts

18th May 2004 at 4:08 pm

Lucozade Lover -

Quote: Mr_Self_Destruct_
There was a Vodaphone ad with NIN's The Perfect Drug on last year,which seemed a little weird as Trent always moans about artists doing that.
Also, Open Heart Zoo by Martin Grech was on a Lexus ad last year.That song is so haunting.

The 28 Days Later song is great.I was told it was by Jacknife Lee but on the soundtrack album it doesn't mention it.

Thanks to that, and an ex bf, I got into NIN!

I likes NIN I does now.

Mr_Self_Destruct

| 73 posts

19th May 2004 at 8:29 am

Trippy Mushrooms

If only everyone had the chance to get into NIN.What a beautiful world.

The Perfect Drug is a great song,but the single has some great acidy dance mixes on by Orb,Meat Beat Manifesto,Spacetime Continuum,etc.Worth checking out if you like that kind of thing.
this is the dark age of love

pain like a drain on my sense of wonder,makes you wonder,how many butterflies have died in growing old and trying to please the ones they least admire?

Tired/Happy

| 5,601 posts

19th May 2004 at 2:57 pm

Perfect Drug's such a good song. It's one of the first I listened to.

I can't actually think of any good advert music because I hate adverts. Oh well.
"Sometimes people don't build walls to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to tear them down."
Thom is happy

Hobbes

| 8,575 posts

19th May 2004 at 3:28 pm

Hobbes - the hoopiest of all the froods

the hoopiest of all the froods

The advert for that "How gay are you?" quiz on Sky One. I just love the song - it's a spoof of the YMCA

I think it's hilarious cos it's sang by a guy who reminds me of Rab C Nesbitt but in a really camp style.
"I'M SIGNIFICANT!!!"
screamed the dust speck

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page