first twiggy now john and an imminant best of

Posted In: Music. Reading This Thread:

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

5th Apr 2004 at 9:43 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

i have recieved much criticism but my probably favourite band, Marilyn Manson have recently let go twiggy to much dispute with fans, also now they have let go John 5 to me a huge influence on the band. i can't believe he's gone. they must have a new guitarist already as they are in studio now so must have some idea of who's in the band now. but i am confused as to who it is unless john 5 has agreed to do the next album with them or something. also Manson are realeasign a best of. this is going to make me cringe it will be full of the teeny bopper songs such as disposable teens, beautiful people, sweet dreams and the nobodies. soem of them are good songs but have been de-valued by the sheer amount of playing and people saying i like Marilyn Manson yeah tainted love is amazing...grr but its going to have a huge dvd on it, plus a book of photo's and art and some of the new stuff. but urgh...the band is fallign apart and as blackened rose said to me, its going to end up as marilyn manson and whatever session musicians he choses. it could be a problem but if he left rather than being kicked out theres nothign they can do. but meh thats my post.
you are love to me, an epiphany,
you set me free and let me be
and one day i'll be love back for you
and you can know what it feels like too.

Marilyn_Mason

| 13 posts

5th Apr 2004 at 10:46 pm

Marilyn_Mason - Sometimes I like to pretend I'm a Lady

Sometimes I like to pretend I'm a Lady

I'm a bit iffy about all this business with John 5...I think Manson had such a big ego John 5 had just had enough. But then the line-up changes from album to album.
Born to be stupid, taught to be nothing at all

Rachel Owns You

| 5,686 posts

5th Apr 2004 at 11:08 pm

Rachel Owns You - all i'm losing is me

all i'm losing is me

john5 isnt that good a guitarist anyway. and hes a tw*t. theyve changed too much,theyre a band i used to love,so its a shame..
..i stole my sisters boyfriend.it was all whirlwind,heat and flash.within a week we killed my parents and hit the road.

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

5th Apr 2004 at 11:13 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

i know twiggy was recent album wise..it was the last album was the first since he departed. john 5 was core to the composition i think tho good guitarist or not i feel he brought something to the band. yeah the ego is there but how much of it is him and how much of it is people not looking past him and seeing the rest of the band? i still love them i thin kthe new stuff could b good i think i've already heard half of it but meh you never know what they'll do these days.

Marilyn_Mason

| 13 posts

7th Apr 2004 at 7:38 pm

But then I've heard the argument that John 5 was only supposed to be a temporary replacement after Gidget Gein left...he just so happened to stay for 6 years instead of 6 months. He had quite a big part in the writing and composing for 'Golden Age of Grotesque'...I dunno. Maybe the band will be better off without hium, maybe they won't.

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

8th Apr 2004 at 8:57 am

Dissimulation -

Listening to the last album reminded me how much of a mistake letting Twiggy go was.

Marilyn_Mason

| 13 posts

10th Apr 2004 at 2:13 pm

We'll just have to see what his cover of Depeche Mode's 'Peronal Jesus' is like.....

hikey

| 5,865 posts

14th Apr 2004 at 11:41 am

its the semi automatic stun gun!!!!!!!!!!!! yeehaw

twiggy is mine
he aint all there he dont like beans!!!!!!!!!!!

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

21st Apr 2004 at 12:36 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

i had a thought given to me the other day...i hope they do a best of tour!

hikey

| 5,865 posts

21st Apr 2004 at 12:39 pm

its the semi automatic stun gun!!!!!!!!!!!! yeehaw

with the current line up????? ???
he aint all there he dont like beans!!!!!!!!!!!

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

21st Apr 2004 at 3:25 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

btu we don't knwo who the guitarist will be or how good they will be!!! i cna say from seeing tim skold play a double bass on stage that he is a very talented guitarist and from the unreleased stuff that him and manson wrote that he is a good writer, maybe not as kkol/styleish/goodlooking as twiggy but definitely very talented. so it should still be a good tour and hey manson (the man) would put on a good show for a best of!!!

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

22nd Apr 2004 at 6:22 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

mansons covers always seem to be better than the original but rarely(excet in the case of rock and roll n*gg*r, and sweet dreams) are the best version i mean tainted love i think the best versions that i've heard have to go to either my ruin or me first adn the gimme gimmes but mansons was an improvement (in my mind) on the original. so meh. but i don't think it would be that bad he wouldn't make it the pre realease if it was he would hide it away on the album as a filler!!! i want to hear him ddo the acoustic bowie song (i can't remember which but its something they do in praccies to warm up!) that would be good to hear.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

23rd Apr 2004 at 3:23 pm

Get outta here. Tainted Love was a very bad version of the Soft Cell version, which was an improvement on the original (some Motown woman). Apparently he hadn't even heard the original. Sweet Dreams was pretty dodgy too.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

23rd Apr 2004 at 9:39 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

i can't believe he hadn't heard the original version..but it was better than soft cell and gloria jones but is by no reason a the best/a good version. sweet dreams is nice tho...very good live.

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

24th Apr 2004 at 9:58 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

oooh thats one step too far...manson is NOT noise if you think that you just haven't heard enough or the right stuff...thats a very prejudice opinion.

Marilyn_Mason

| 13 posts

25th Apr 2004 at 8:37 pm

I ahve to agree with the Pablo Marmite here...his covers are a bit wrong. I mean I'm a huge Manson fan but his covers....leave alot to be desired. My fave cover of his though is tainted love-but It dont mean I love it.
Manson has his own style and if the fans like it, hurrah. I just look forward to the 'Songs of Golgotha' LP and hope its just as good as GAOG.

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

25th Apr 2004 at 9:24 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

GAOG i think was one of his weaker albums...just another experiment like erm..mechanical animals but gaog is no where near the strength of mechanical. but has good moments, does a lot of experimenting with timing and rhythm to go with 20's t30's i.e. waltz, juve then more recently the american version of moshing (kinda) the slam dance which is a mix of mosh and rock n' roll jive...so thats cool jius sum weak songs on it. erm his best cover has gotta rock and roll n*gg*r...it beats the patti smith version by a mile and is a good song. erm...i treckon tainted love leaves alot to be desired yeah...most of their stuff isn't balls to the wall thats the main thing i liek about them. they can do angry without becoming ot mental, but they can do balls to the wall too. (burning flag) so yeah i think mechanical animals is a proper view of what they can do as a badn (could do) buti might jus sya that as coma white was the first ever manson song i heard...and was converted by the lyrics, beauty, nad jus masterfully made-ness of the song.

Marilyn_Mason

| 13 posts

26th Apr 2004 at 4:19 pm

I like Mechanical Animals....it's prob my fave album of his in joint with Antichrist Superstar. Coma White was a wicked song-I think the songs in his Omega era had a very deep meaning to them-probabaly the most significant lyrics he'd done so far at that time. I liked his Omega era, it was weird but interesting.
GAOG was different. Not one of my faves, and I like it for a very different reason. It was like MA but in the 1920's/30's. I don't like the view he takes from this era of his though-to me, this 'arch dandy' thing seems to give him a bit of a pretencious outlook to his fans-bit to cocky for my liking. Before he just spoke to us normally, but now he speaks in riddles. That annoys me a bit!
His new look is said to be an extension of the arch dandy...from the pics that I've seen on his wensite, that new image is what he needs. It's different from hs old make up look, and I think it could make him an up to date rocker.

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

26th Apr 2004 at 9:39 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

erm..i think the riddles are cool it stops people listening and taking things on first glance you have to think about them and once you've taken a moment your got! but yeah he is too cocky with it now it seems more than ever about him and not the band. which i dunno he is hte original member and i guess it is his band but radio one never interview maddona wayne gacy...why not? i want to hear tim skold talk. and ginger! but oyu never get too coz the media are bossessed with him and he seems obsessed with him...yet i think (personally) he is one of the most talented people working in rock today

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page