Group Short Story

Posted In: Poetry + Prose. Reading This Thread:

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

13th Oct 2006 at 9:04 pm

TinyShine -

I've never moved a thread before, eek! But i think this would be something a bit new for the poetry board and if Jamie doesn't mind, I think i'll shift it?!

It's writing and it's creative and it's encouraging everyone to get involved, so hey!

*attempts to move*

Sarah xx

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

13th Oct 2006 at 9:17 pm

Dissimulation -

No objections from me.

Who wants to start things off?

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

17th Oct 2006 at 8:04 pm

I'll attempt a start, it's not much, but meh.

It was a cold summers morning, something which baffled Andrew, as not only was summer supposed to be hot, but he was in the Bahamas, a place not known to be cold. He stood there in just his shorts, shiverring slightly. He blew into his hands and rubbed them together in an attempt to keep warm. Andrew looked around him, the whole place was devoid of any sort of decoration, or even a window to see out of. Brushing some of the dirt off his shorts, he got up and began to look for the exit. With everything looking the same on this inside, this was going to take more work than his hungover brain could muster. The dim light hanging from the ceiling didn't help him. Fumbling forwards, Andrew stumbled over a cardboard box, tearing it open as he did. He looked inside to find it was full of cold meat. Andrew sat there stumped for a while, before again searching for the exit. Finding a handle, he began to pull it, forcing the door open, and knocking over someone who was on the otherside. With an ouch they fell to the floor, covverred in what looked like milk. It was only when he walked out towards the fallen person, that Andrew realised where he was.

that's too long probably, feel free to ignore it if you want to.
A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

18th Oct 2006 at 7:50 am

Quote: Lilac_Leopard
50 words, he said!

I don't beleive it's possible to have any sort of opening paragraph that's only fifty words long.
A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

Gary

| 3,774 posts

18th Oct 2006 at 8:09 am

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

Quote: Woodpecker_Jam
Quote: Lilac_Leopard
50 words, he said!

I don't beleive it's possible to have any sort of opening paragraph that's only fifty words long.

I think the point is that you don't have full control over what goes on. Yours would end quite nicely on exactly 50 words (with a full stop added) and it leaves things open.
[http://imagegen.last.fm/Apnet/recenttracks/3/se_osiris.gif]

I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator temporarily out of order" sign, only an "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."
- Mitch Hedberg

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

27th Oct 2006 at 10:25 am

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

Twilight was beginning to fall, and across the street Charlotte could see the sunset bleeding orange and pink into the sky, splintering through the trees.
"This is silliness", she whispered to herself, "why is he so late?".
She turned away from the window, brushing herself out of her eyes. Her hands were shaking.

It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

28th Oct 2006 at 6:43 pm

TinyShine -

Maybe this is my get out clause, she told herself. She had been steeped in this environment for so long that her sense of identidy was starting to rust. "10 more minutes and i'm out of here", she challenged the darkness. But it was never that easy with Andrew....

Sarah xx

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

1st Nov 2006 at 4:26 pm

Hope is important.

Andrew gasped.
"Please do not worry". The man smiled slightly and looked up, but he did not make eye contact.
"Who are you?", asked Andrew.
"I was waiting for you".
"What? Why? Why am I here?", blurted Andrew.
The man smiled again. "I do not have time enough to explain. Please will you come with me?".

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

17th Nov 2006 at 9:32 am

TinyShine -

She slinked out into the inky black hallway, groping for the light switch. Stumbling against the wall, her hand fell on something, forcing her to retract in shock...something clammy and pulsing...a hand.

Sarah xx

(sorry this is so cheesy! wanted to keep the thread alive *pings halo* )

Aras

| 1,774 posts

17th Nov 2006 at 9:38 am

Aras - Charmed I'm sure

Charmed I'm sure

In shock, she punched the air in front of her wildly. Her fist made contact with something, and there was a loud thud, as something heavy fell to the floor. She turned on the light, and couldn't believe what she saw in front of her.
She isn't in love...she's merely insane!

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

30th Dec 2006 at 2:24 pm

Hope is important.

Charlotte gasped. "Oh my! Are you ok? Silliness!".
"Yeah", stuttered Barry, rubbing his arm.
"I'm so sorry - I have chocolate!", said Charlotte.
Barry stood up and opened his satchel. "Please can I show you something? I found out a something, a secret". He smiled slightly, "it is a big conspiracy".

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page