Stupendos stories

Posted In: Poetry + Prose. Reading This Thread:

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

24th May 2006 at 12:50 pm

Captain Stupendo - snarf!

snarf!

Okay this is the first part of a story ive been working on, let me know what you think.

The Legend of Artura
Prolouge
The mighty ship sped through the ever heightnening waves towards the distance shore, there in the distance awaited their destiny their rightful lands, the lands that now belonged to the godless folk. That land would once more be cleansed of their filth and their vile barbaric ways.
For too long my people have sat back and waited for their moment of victory their chance for retribution on the infidels. Prince Byro thought to himself.
The prince was a tall man, some of his kin said he was the son of a giant or a god, but the prince knew better his father the king was far from a god. ‘He is a weakiling, and once the great cleansing is done i shall tell the crown for myself.’Byro smiled.

The great fleet of the Byon empire would land his army on the shores of the mainland and from there the cleansing shall begin. The Byon fleet numbered into their hundreds, some say it is the mightiest fleet to ever set sail, the thought brought a smile to the young princes face. The Gods would remember him for all eternity and he would be rewarded, for that he was sure of.

Artura was just a small boy when the first Byon ships were spotted off the coast. He had only heard tales of the Byon from his grandfather, and needless to say what he was told then didnt put his mind at ease. It was a cold spring morning when the alarm bells began to ring out over the village and panic had quickly set in. The Onoi were a peaceful people and hadnt seen war in their lands for centurys, but all that was soon to change.

Never take life seriously.

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

26th May 2006 at 12:21 pm

snarf!

The storm clouds were gathering across the bay, the sound of the thunder boomed in the sky, the rain was next followed by the lightening that lit up the sky for miles around.

The watchman stood on the cliffs his eyes straining to see across the water, his breath was icy cold as he was battered by the elements.

There on the horizon was the shape of a ship, no fishing ship of that he was sure, no this was something else something large and menacing. The shape was joined by another and then another until the entire horizon was full of them, ships, mighty war galleons. The Byon had finally come to wage their war.

The watchman stood in awe as the reality of what he was seeing sank into his mind. He turned and ran to the watch tower on the verge behind him. He rang the bell as though he were a man possesed.

Arthura and his older brother Arto were walking along the cliffs on there way home from their lessons with the wise man of their village when the sound of the alarm bells rang out.

" We must hurry brother mama will be worried about us", said Arto as he grabbed his eight year brothers hand.

The curious boy looked at his elder brother and with tears in his eyes he sobbed; " Im scared Arto, the stories Papa told us stories of the,byon, their not true are they, they dont really take all the children and put them in a pot and cook them do they?"

Arto stopped and looked at his brother, his sank," I will not lie to you brother, the stories are true but they are nowhere near scary enough".

He was speaking the truth...

To be continued...

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

12th Jun 2006 at 6:20 pm

snarf!

He opened his eyes, something was wrong he could feel it. The room was pitch black, only a faint glow of light could be seen coming from under the hard wood door, which led onto the taverns upstairs landing. He looked around; everything seemed to be fine, he could still hear the taverns patrons laughing and joking in their drunken stupors, but the uneasiness wouldnt go away. The nagging feeling that something was amiss grew stronger as he slowly got out of the large poster bed. He cautiously crept to the window slit and slowly drew back the curtain, the road outside appeared deserted the only sounds he hear were those of the taverns residing nest of bats in the thatch roof. The screeching of an owl almost made shout out in fear as it swept past his window and glided over the towns rooftops.

It had been three days since Luxon had arrived in the town of Branon in the province of Robenia, and he was finally starting to feel relaxed, the last few months had been tough on him, his sister vanished, his estate taken from him by the warlord Vacs and now he was on the run, several attempts had been made on his life already, the assassins had been waiting for him at the border it was by a miracle he had escaped in tact, they were the most deadly of assassins.

A sound; a sound that only someone who has spent months on the run could distinguish, the slight scuffing of leather on marble. The door suddenly swung open, he threw himself to the ground just as the iron-throwing knife struck the spot where he had just been standing, the knife sunk deep into the wall with a thud. He looked up and saw the unmistakable armour of the assassins the black armour that allowed the wearer unrestricted agility and ample protection. These assassins had been the bane of his life for so long that he no longer felt fear when he saw them. He wouldnt give his attacker a second chance with a throwing knife. Luxon got up and charged with a roar at his attacker and threw his full weight into the attack, the force of the impact sent them sprawling out through the door and onto the taverns porch floor. They lay in a struggling mass, punching, scratching and biting, until the assassin got some leverage and chucked Luxon onto his back, the assassin drew an evil looking glass dagger out of his sheath, the way he held the blade told Luxon that his attacker was highly skilled with the short blade. Luxon desperately crawled backwards; the assassin went in for the kill; but Luxon was quicker,he rolled to one side and managed to grab the assassins wrist, with all his strength he twisted causing his attackers wrist to snap with a sickening crack immediately the assassin dropped the blade unable to use his damaged wrist, it amazed Luxon how they never screamed in pain but such is the discipline of the trained assassin.

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

18th Oct 2006 at 12:46 pm

snarf!

Luxon picked up the discarded dagger and thrust it deep into his assailants throat, he felt it penetrate and with a mighty burst of strength he twisted and withdrew the now blood stained blade. The assassin drew one last garbled breath and collapsed onto the floor, blood soaking into the wooden floor beneath him.

Luxon knew thered be more, there always was. He quickly returned to his room and picked up his clothes and bag, which contained his few meagre possessions. Lastly he went to the chair in the corner of his room and picked up his beloved sword, it was called Fury, a name that was given to it by his grandfather Euxon the brave, who had used it to slay some bandits that had been terrorising his now long gone estate.

He quickly hurried back onto the porch and was horrified to see at the end of the corridor, blocking his escape three of the black armoured assassins. They had him trapped there was nowhere else to go; he cursed his own stupidity at lingering in this wretched town.

One of the black armoured figures took a step forward Luxon drew Fury from its sheath the weight of the blade-felt good in his hands. The lead assassin stopped and to his surprise removed their helmet.

The helmet came away revealing a woman; You have led us on quite the chase master Edioz, I am amazed that you have evaded us for so long. She said in a snarl.

What do you want from me? Vacs got what he wanted; he took my land and honour, why does he persist in destroying me? Luxon shouted back.

The woman looked at him with an amused smile and replied; You really believe that some warlord would have the intelligence to hire us! she laughed, No my young friend our orders are from the top. She said with a sneer.

Luxon was stunned all these months he thought he had been running from Vacs but now he was being told that someone higher up than some petty warlord wanted him dead, he knew his family had made some enemies but he didnt believe they would send these thugs after him.

Enough talk we have come to finally put an end to you,and your troublesome family ends with you, she said with an evil grin.

The three assassins began to slowly creep up the corridor towards him; each of them drew similar looking glass daggers and prepared to strike.

Luxon lunged with his blade cutting down one the figures, the other two dodged and parried with amazing agility. The woman swung a killer blow at his head but he managed to dodge just in time, his counter blow sent her reeling against the wall. Luxon turned his attention to his other attacker and parried a thrust aimed at his heart, he grabbed the assassins arm and wrenched it at an awkward angle causing the dagger to fall to the floor, Luxon punched the assassin square in the face sending him reeling to the ground, Luxon thrust his blade into the assassins heart killing him instantly, he had learnt to give no mercy to these wretches. Luxon spun around; just as the woman brought her blade slashing at his exposed back, the blade grazed his skin and he just managed to dodge the lethal blow; her attack brought her off balance and with a swift kick to her ankles Luxon brought her down with a crash.

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

18th Oct 2006 at 12:46 pm

snarf!

Luxon stood over the assassin, sword pointing into her throat; I will let you live if you tell me who sent you to kill me. He said to her.

I am assassin I am not afraid of death fool she spat at him. Luxon smiled at her and leaned in close until he was eye to eye with his would be assassin. He said; You maybe an assassin but Im sure that doesnt make you stupid. Tell me who hired you, and ill let you go, what good are you to the brotherhood if youre dead? If its your honour your worried about, fear not,give them this to prove to your masters that Im dead, none of your fellow assassins here are capable of denying it now, are they?

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

18th Oct 2006 at 12:47 pm

snarf!

Luxon was exhausted, the long journey northwards had taken its toll and he stumbled along the beaten path.

It had been 2 weeks since he had eluded the assassins at the town in Robenia,since then his situation had not improved he was still a man with no home and no fortune to call his own, all he had was his sword and the clothes on his back. He had decided to take the road North into the wild lands of Southern Onoi to escape his pursuers.

Little did he know what awaited him in these wild and untamed lands. The assassin had told him nothing and rather give him the information he had demanded had slit her own throat in the end.

Luxon stopped and swore aloud, why didnt the b*tch just tell me, at least then i would have a name to my enemy, he thought.

As stood there he heard a noise in the distance, the sound of a horses hoofs. He dived to the side of the road and hid behind a tree. He peered around the trunk and saw three riders.The first was a stern looking middled aged woman, the second a teenage boy and on the third horse was a elderly man with a young boy in his lap.

Luxon stepped onto the road; "Hail good people,I seek your aid and refuge."

The three riders haulted, Luxon assumed that the young lad was there leader but it was the old man with the wriggling youth in his arms that spoke.

"Who doesnt need refuge in these lands lad" he said in a kind manner. Luxon was confused; "what do you mean?" he said.

"You havent heard of the Byon invasion? Then it is as we feared, no-one escaped from the south alive." said the woman.

Luxon looked at them all, just what had he got himself into this time.

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

13th Jan 2007 at 3:52 pm

snarf!

I cant be asrsed to finish this story so instead ill post any articles i published in a newspaper, i should have at least 4 or 5 next week and ive even got a bi-line!

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page