learrggh

| 5,670 posts

19th Jun 2009 at 9:21 pm

learrggh -

Quote: Paddy Irishman, Jun 2009
Quote: vespertilio, Jun 2009
Quote: Albi The Racist Dragon, Jun 2009
First of all we should delete every post Gaz ever made

I'll delete your penis if you delete any more of my posts.

That was actually me. My bad. I deleted your post saying how you could delete posts and posted one which said how I discovered that and I was great.

Then James deleted it. What goes around, comes around I guess.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a James to catch

Hohoho.

Alec

| 1,347 posts

19th Jun 2009 at 9:25 pm

Alec - Bing Bong Changes

Bing Bong Changes

I'm fine with most of the changes, but a personal request:

Please remove the avatar pictures of thread-starters from the left of thread-titles. It just looks a bit unsightly.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

19th Jun 2009 at 9:27 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Menome, Jun 2009
I'm fine with most of the changes, but a personal request:

Please remove the avatar pictures of thread-starters from the left of thread-titles. It just looks a bit unsightly.

I actually quite like that. Something you don't usually see on other forums (if at all). And lets face it, this site is very unlike other forums
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

19th Jun 2009 at 9:28 pm

Πανδώρα -

plus it reminds you who actually made a few of them and the faCT THAT THE B*ST*RDS STILL EXIST ¬_¬
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

19th Jun 2009 at 9:55 pm

I aim to misbehave

Haven't checked all the boards yet, but just noticed that on the Spam board, the threads with new posts have not moved up to the top of the list of topics, if you know what I mean (not a euphemism, I'm just not good at explainings)

I'm not complaining about this, just noting it for the list of problems Chris requested

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

19th Jun 2009 at 11:32 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Mancomb Seepgood, Jun 2009
And where's the members list? I do think it does look very sweet indeed, but it's a very limited, impractical, near frustrating design that's going to take more than a day or two to get used to. Should there not be a consulatation/questions board for members before such a radical overhaul is done, just for, you know, our ideas on the matter and such?

He analysied a load of the logs, to see what things people used the most, and did them first. To see what people would complain about the most, then put the most important things back. If you have something specific, just get one of the mods to put it in a list in the first post, and he'll sort it soon.

Hallo, I has a few suggestions:

1. Time Last online/Last post/Last pm section is gone, as is looking at last 5-25 posts feature.
2. I really liked when the individual posts were alternating colours so it was clear.
3. Could there be a reply box on the bottom of the page as well as this pop up one too please? Sometimes this takes a while to load, plus I liked being able to scroll up and down the page and add quotes and things from the thread if I needed to.
4. The drop-down box at the bottom is gone as has been pointed out.
5. I liked being able to pick the page number I wanted to go to.

Also also also if you make colour schemes again can you do a pink one pleeeeeeeease.

I like the fact my bunny is on the top of the page. It looks like it is hopping around in some grass.

You should be able to read the page in the background, behind the reply window. Everything should be coming back. Good list too.

Quote: Seaneen, Jun 2009
Argh! Where on earth is the search function?!

He didn't do it. Use google for a temp fix.http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=10&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vegetablerevolution.co.uk&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images

What's this about a hippie trip? Is Andrew alright?
Which Chris are you?
Will you buy me a bunny?

He went round the jungle and sh*t, been away since his birthday. Hope he got swine flu, b*st*rd. I know him from Uni, I should be meeting up with him in NY soon, I'm not a member, but we work together on some stuff.

Quote: Hurri, Jun 2009
I see there's a lot of love for the new design.

Personally, I absolutely hate it.

Finding more things I don't like... Can we have an option to go straight to the last page of a thread rather than having to go to the first page and then click the last page?

Edit again.. I think most of my moans have already been mentioned by others.

Really though, the old site worked fine and was lovely to look at, this one doesn't and isn't.

I'll put it on the list, and he can look at it.

Quote: Albi The Racist Dragon, Jun 2009
When I was on at work, the avatars weren't resizing which meant avs like Dans were f*cking huge and took up a page, but that doesn't seem to be happening here.

Also, the gallery photos aren't there.

Looks nice, tho.

gallery photos... yeah, I f*cked that up. should come through soon though. and the avatar thing will only happen on IE6.

Oh, and please someone subscribe. He wrestled with that decision for ages, and it seems like a good idea. You lot get your private board, and the site gets paid for. No-one is going to pay money to stalk you online, and no employer is going to pay money to a little forum to maybe find a bit of dirt on a prospective employee.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

20th Jun 2009 at 12:03 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: LoonyPandora, Jun 2009
No-one is going to pay money to stalk you online

Clearly you've never met my ex.

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

20th Jun 2009 at 11:25 am

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

Strawberry cannot login at-all, but I am not sure howcome.
She sent me a message...

"i've tried logging in loads of times and it doesn't work for me. Whenever i've tried to log in, it says this on my laptop:

Fission mailed
Unrefined subroutine & main.called
File: index.pl
Line: 166

i don't know what any of that means".

Please can anyone help her at-all. Her email address is...malpas60 (at) hotmail (spot) com

It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

20th Jun 2009 at 12:11 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Tuco, Jun 2009
Quote: Das Burros, Jun 2009

Oh, and please someone subscribe. He wrestled with that decision for ages, and it seems like a good idea. You lot get your private board, and the site gets paid for. No-one is going to pay money to stalk you online, and no employer is going to pay money to a little forum to maybe find a bit of dirt on a prospective employee.

Paid oh and Safari on me Mac doesn't render the reply box correctly.
Which version of Safari? It seems fine here on Safari 4.01

3.1.2... And drop me in the group for private Rants yo

Paid.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

20th Jun 2009 at 4:15 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Stu - It's just to the left of the shoutbox near the top.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Jun 2009 at 5:35 pm

I aim to misbehave

Also, on the menu page, regarding the boxes with the X in them beside each board name, could we get something like the old style whereby that box changes colour or something if a new post has been made in it. I know there is the Last post: 3 minutes ago or whatever, but thats kinda hard to follow sometimes.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Jun 2009 at 6:09 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Cassius, Jun 2009

Paid.

I think I've paid now too. barrylynch85@gmail.com. I think I just called the thing 'VegRev' or something. I'm not used to Paypal.

Also, I selected Ireland as my country. Then when it came to County, only counties in England, Scotland and Wales came up. Thats just ridiculous. I ended up just selecting Channel Islands. Whats the deal with that?

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

21st Jun 2009 at 6:59 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Paddy Irishman, Jun 2009
Quote: Cassius, Jun 2009

Paid.

I think I've paid now too. barrylynch85@gmail.com. I think I just called the thing 'VegRev' or something. I'm not used to Paypal.

Also, I selected Ireland as my country. Then when it came to County, only counties in England, Scotland and Wales came up. Thats just ridiculous. I ended up just selecting Channel Islands. Whats the deal with that?

I just wrote "VR". When does this take effect?

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

21st Jun 2009 at 8:17 pm

It's not sorting automatically by most recent post any more. Is there an option or something, or is it just a bug?

And PLEASE tell me the banning list has moved over.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Jun 2009 at 8:24 pm

I aim to misbehave

On the front page, when you click on one of the recent posts, it takesyou to the last page. But on the main page, if you click on the thread, it takes you to the first page because theres no page select under them.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

21st Jun 2009 at 11:30 pm

Πανδώρα -

i know it's already been said but i am finding it really really difficult to distinguish between posts without having the colours behind them to break them up a bit

also, the split between a post and a sig seems to be a lot less obvious now, as the dotted line is greyed out... if you get what i mean?

it's kind of grown on me now, but it's kinda hard to properly like for the reasons above

also, i'd like having the clock back at the top of the page, it was rather handy up there

ooh ooh ooh! one thing i do actually like though is not having to log in again to change things in your options etc.
what with being lazy and all, it was rather a chore
*burp*

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

22nd Jun 2009 at 9:04 am

TinyShine -

I am finding the new layout quite confusing but I guess it will just take some time to get used to. It's pretty annoying how you have to scroll through all the pages to find the newest posts.

Sarah xx

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

22nd Jun 2009 at 12:39 pm

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

Quote: lisa, Jun 2009
i know it's already been said but i am finding it really really difficult to distinguish between posts without having the colours behind them to break them up a bit

also, the split between a post and a sig seems to be a lot less obvious now, as the dotted line is greyed out... if you get what i mean?

I think it too. Everything is really mixed together.

Also, please can you make Megazine Letters a moderator for all the megazine things again, please?

It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

22nd Jun 2009 at 1:29 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Is anyone in Private Rants yet? I can't get in there.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

22nd Jun 2009 at 1:35 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: James T. Kirk, Jun 2009
Is anyone in Private Rants yet? I can't get in there.

Yeah, I'm in. It takes a bit longer to open than normal threads, presumably because it has to check to see if you have access to it and stuff.

Its well worth the wait. Such a magical place. And the little animated thing that comes up is quite a nice touch

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

22nd Jun 2009 at 2:49 pm

Delirium Tremens -

I don't expect miracles, but it is slightly annoying.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

22nd Jun 2009 at 4:26 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: the doc, Jun 2009
Could do with sorting the filter so it doesn't censor every sinlge word that has a*s in it, it looks proper stupid...........

I agree. Someone needs to assess the censor. Its barely passable as it is. Whoever made that mistake should be assassinated.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

22nd Jun 2009 at 5:50 pm

Πανδώρα -

Quote: Gira, Jun 2009
im used to it now but one thing that annoyed me was i can't really use VR on my phone anymore; it's all distorted.
I'm not too fusses since i'm getting a piephone soon but for other people who are using their mobiles, they might have problems

as i said, can't post without taking my zoom right down to about 40 or 50% (can't remember, but basically illegible) on a nokia 5800

found last night that the black bar also likes to stick in the middle of the screen when i zoom back in to see where i'm typing
*burp*

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: