the on/off options for Signature and avatar

Posted In: FAQ. Reading This Thread:

The Man from Southampton

| 3,794 posts

13th Aug 2008 at 7:18 pm

equality, tolerance & logic

is there/ will there be an option that allows a member to turn on or off Signature and avatar?

Sometimes members are having trouble with page loading up so i thought this would be a great feature to have.

Plus some members just want the pure text contain to read.
Now is that salary pre or post tax?  

100% of Earth's population agrees with the following statement.

"Forces should be spending their time catching rapists and murders and not worry about piracy theft."

Claire

| 15,814 posts

13th Aug 2008 at 7:22 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Which members are these, Sam? Have you conducted surveys and produced graphs?

Until I see these graphs, the answer to all of your questions is Llama. Thankyou for your time.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

13th Aug 2008 at 7:45 pm

Animal -

Agreed.

By the same agument, some members want VR to change its entire philosophy and just link to posts we hav each made on other sites, thus creating the worlds biggest pile of crap RSS agregator, just aimed squarly at the hundred or so regular members on here.

However, some of us are opposed to this and want to sell VR to my Mum, so she can run it.

FYI - If i recall the last time I saw the sites stats, NO ONE visited who used dialup - loading times? WTF, are you living in 1982, when connection speeds were talked about in Baud rates, rather than the amount of data a second you can transfer?

As for ure text, are you using a terminal system to use your computer with? if so, I recommend downloading each page, then loading it up in Vi, that should grant what you wish. Or, if you want an easier life. Use [url= [url=http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.html]http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.html[/url]]Lynx[/url]
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

the doc

| 23,161 posts

17th Aug 2008 at 7:59 pm

the doc -

Quote: Lilac_Leopard
Which members are these, Sam? Have you conducted surveys and produced graphs?

Until I see these graphs, the answer to all of your questions is Llama. Thankyou for your time.

Claire's been on top form recently when it comes to venting the spleen.

Long may it continue!

ΠανδώÏα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page