Random closing div tag.

Posted In: FAQ. Reading This Thread:

Animal

| 32,547 posts

10th Jul 2008 at 7:25 pm

Animal -

Seems if I edit a post, and include a link it adds a mysterious closing tag for a div, after the link.

Not fully tested to see if it does this on edits with no link however.

Testing without a link

http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Animal

| 32,547 posts

10th Jul 2008 at 7:27 pm

Animal -

And it also adds an attached image, from when I first posted this thread into a the second edit tag I created?

Weird.

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Claire

| 15,814 posts

10th Jul 2008 at 11:50 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

/me makes obligatory 'You're a closing div' comment.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

11th Jul 2008 at 8:49 am

Animal -

Yeah well, in response to that.

Your face is a closing div.

Cycling Antics

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

11th Jul 2008 at 10:50 am

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Fixy McFixed. If anyone is interested, it was this line of code that was a problem.

[tt]$message =~ s~([^\w\"\=\[\]]|[\n\b]|\"\;|\[quote.*?\]|\[edit\]|\[highlight\]|\[shighlight\]|\[\*\]|\[td\]|\A)\\*(\w+?\:\/\/(? \w\~\;\:\,\$\-\+\!\*\?/\=\&\@\#\%\(\)(?:\<\S+?\>\S+?\<\/\S+?\> ]+?)\.(? \w\~\.\;\:\,\$\-\+\!\*\?/\=\&\@\#\%\(\)\x80-\xFF]{1,})+?)~&format_url($1,$2)~eisg;
[/tt]

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

11th Jul 2008 at 2:31 pm

Quote: admin
Fixy McFixed. If anyone is interested, it was this line of code that was a problem.

[tt]$message =~ s~([^\w\"\=\[\]]|[\n\b]|\"\;|\[quote.*?\]|\[edit\]|\[highlight\]|\[shighlight\]|\[\*\]|\[td\]|\A)\\*(\w+?\:\/\/(? \w\~\;\:\,\$\-\+\!\*\?/\=\&\@\#\%\(\)(?:\<\S+?\>\S+?\<\/\S+?\> ]+?)\.(? \w\~\.\;\:\,\$\-\+\!\*\?/\=\&\@\#\%\(\)\x80-\xFF]{1,})+?)~&format_url($1,$2)~eisg;
[/tt]

That actually means something? Christ that's confusingly complicated. I can't make heads or tails of it
A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

12th Jul 2008 at 10:20 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Why does it go out of the code box though? I know it would confuse people if code went on to double lines as you might think there's a space when there shouldn't be, but wouldn't it be more aesthetically pleasing if the box fit the text?
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Animal

| 32,547 posts

13th Jul 2008 at 12:25 am

Animal -

Thats not a code box.

Andy used the TT tag, rather than the code one.

Looking at the post itself, I think the spacing may have been purposeful?

Having seen the code in situ, seeing it on a single, or two or three lines is insanely headache inducing. Even with colour coding to differentiate each specific part of the codes functions

Cycling Antics

Vel

| 23,203 posts

13th Jul 2008 at 11:04 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote box then, so sue me. I was drunk. It's that the box isn't flexible to hold all the text, is what I meant. It looks a bit untidy.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Animal

| 32,547 posts

13th Jul 2008 at 1:46 pm

Animal -

Teletype box, actually

Cycling Antics

Vel

| 23,203 posts

13th Jul 2008 at 4:46 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

It's still a frigging BOX. Or a rectangle if you prefer. IT HAS 4 SIDES AND IS A BOX!

I am now going to refer to it as cardboard. Ha.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Phil

| 7,619 posts

14th Jul 2008 at 1:48 am

Phil - Hippo Moderator of Heck!

Hippo Moderator of Heck!

I think what Alice meant was why doesn't the quote box expand to fit the teletype text in it.

Or maybe not.
She's the kind of girl that leaves out condoms on the bedroom dresser
Just to make you jealous of the men she f*cked before you met her.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

14th Jul 2008 at 8:35 am

Animal -

No, I know what she meant. I was just being a pedant.

Cycling Antics

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

14th Jul 2008 at 9:24 am

Roxannie -

you were hanging on a chain around her neck?

Animal

| 32,547 posts

14th Jul 2008 at 9:42 am

Animal -

No, since that would be peNdant.

Cycling Antics

Vel

| 23,203 posts

14th Jul 2008 at 10:53 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote: lawfulhippo
I think what Alice meant was why doesn't the quote box expand to fit the teletype text in it.

Or maybe not.

That is it exactly.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page