VR and IE

Posted In: FAQ. Reading This Thread:

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

25th Jan 2008 at 10:29 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

When at work i have to use IE, and every few posts i make crash the browser, and PMing is almost impossible.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

25th Jan 2008 at 10:34 pm

Chris Kamara -

At work if I fire up IE to use VR, it is very slow and clunky. Scrolling down a page makes it all hash up. It's a sh*t browser, but there was a time when VR was (probably) most compliant with IE than other browsers.

A solution to your problem, Alice, would be to just download Firefox on the PC you're using, but that's essentially sweeping the problem under the mat.

Off hand I don't know why it would keep ballsing up. At my work, I think it's some browser security issue that slows things down, but without having a proper gander it's hard to know.

Does it make other sites crash too, or just VR?

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

25th Jan 2008 at 10:35 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: farmer_jack

Does it make other sites crash too, or just VR?

For me, it does it on any messageboard.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

25th Jan 2008 at 10:36 pm

Chris Kamara -

What version of IE would that be?

At work I used to use 5.5 and it was fine, but then I upgraded it to 7.0 and it went all spazzy on my a*s.

Πανδώρα

| 15,310 posts

25th Jan 2008 at 11:01 pm

Πανδώρα -

i might just be lucky, but since i left my secondary school i've not had any problems with this dog arseing thing, bar the scroll making me feel sick the way it does it but thats probably the settings on this computer (which i can't find to change ¬_¬)

afaik, the old school comps were 6.0, but being them, waiting forever for a thread to load will have been down to their dodgy set ups

iuse the term lucky very loosely, and after using it to post this, waiting forever andf a day for it to actually work, i shall avoid it like the plague once more

also the thing won't edit a post on this computer

Edited by Πανδώρα Jan 2008
*burp*

Insane Jam Sow

| 443 posts

26th Jan 2008 at 8:53 pm

Insane Jam Sow - Bill Bryson is my God

Bill Bryson is my God

Well, I appear to be using IE 7.0, and I generally have no problems with the site.

Admittedly, I don't post all that often or send PMs, so I don't know if that causes it to crash a lot, but in terms of browsing, no problem.

(Although: I do occasionally get the blurry scroll down thing if I try to do it before the page has finished loading.)
http://www.freewebs.com/megazine

Yes, my website still exists. Just about.

Colin

| 10,038 posts

29th Jan 2008 at 12:26 pm

Colin -

Quote: girlpants
Anyone on a Uni or school computer should really have this

http://mobilefirefox.com/

You don't need to install it. it will run off a pocket drive, MP3 player, or any external storage device and wont cause trouble with the networks your place use.

It seems not...
...unless it's just because I put it on the college server and not my own drive? I doubt that, though.

http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Claire: FNSICLS NEXT FRIDAY 8PM OK BYE
Vel: I'm in!!
Πανδώρα: Beep beep. Its Tuesday.
Πανδώρα: It might be Wednesday by now. Not sure.
EvilTongs: It's definitely a day of some sort
Dinglebutt: Wednesday.... *takes long drag of cigarette*.... Now that's a name I've not heard in many a year.....
Claire: Pals and pals, it is FNSIC again tomorrow, please let me know if you need the details.
Πανδώρα: Testicle.
Claire: Hi guys, I’m Tess Ticle and welcome to my TED talk
Luco El Loco: Activity in 2020? Hooray, nice to see VR life.
Claire: I’d not go that far...a lovely lovely zombie perhaps
Luco El Loco: True.
EvilTongs: It was bizarre how a group of us spontaneously returned when the pandemic stuff kicked off.
Vel: Bizarre or playing the long game? Hmmm, Mr Tongs?
Bellatrixa: I'm just here to reset my password and go about my business, trying not to cringe too much at how I was affected by the abusive f*ckwit I was living with towards the end of my time on this site.
Πανδώρα: AAAARRRGHHH. That is all.
Claire: Lisa I love Lisa, kindest regards to Lisaaaaa
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Eating Jaffa Cakes thinking about WLW...
Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie

Page: