Films board?

Posted In: FAQ. Reading This Thread:

Good idea?

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

12th Jan 2007 at 9:36 pm

Jewbacca -

I want a films board

I want one so that I can go to it and talk about new/old/great/crappy films with you lot. In case you didn't know, imdb forums are full of idiots and an interesting discussion is about as rare as a seven leaf clover or an old lady not sitting on a park bench with her legs open.

I like films.

Please vote, fan koo :-*
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

12th Jan 2007 at 11:23 pm

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

I'd use it Martin. There can bever be enough places for my opinion on the internet.
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

13th Jan 2007 at 3:34 am

Jewbacca -

i think lots of people would at least have a gander if it was there perhaps it will possibly happen maybe

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

13th Jan 2007 at 4:08 am

Chris Kamara -

I don't get a Football Board, or a Betting Board!

Gary

| 3,774 posts

13th Jan 2007 at 4:12 am

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

I want a geek board.

Marton, if we get a geek board you could post about Sci-Fi films in there. But we can't have OS discussion in your films board. Therefore Geek Board > Films Board .
[http://imagegen.last.fm/Apnet/recenttracks/3/se_osiris.gif]

I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator temporarily out of order" sign, only an "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."
- Mitch Hedberg

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

13th Jan 2007 at 4:17 am

Chris Kamara -

We don't need anymore boards in my opinion If you want to talk about something, make a thread in Conversational! If it's popular, it'll stay at near the top

Citing my football threads, the current movie thread and the soaps thread as good examples

I'm sure there were more posts above this, but below Gary, last night :/

Edited by Chris Kamara Jan 2007

Colin

| 10,038 posts

13th Jan 2007 at 7:36 am

Colin -

We need a cupboard.
http://www.myspace.com/papertruth
[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/resources/uploads/gerrard.jpg]

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

13th Jan 2007 at 10:21 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i agree with what Martin said, about not needing more boards.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

13th Jan 2007 at 12:48 pm

Jewbacca -

Quote: Gary
I want a geek board.

Marton, if we get a geek board you could post about Sci-Fi films in there. But we can't have OS discussion in your films board. Therefore Geek Board > Films Board .

you could if they made a film about OS's. which is likely to happen.

*sad*

Quote: Stephen_Hendry
the current movie thread

thats like saying we have a music thread hence no need for a board. there is more to talk about in films than footie or geeks imho

[quote=i Got Dem Ol Kosmic Blues Again, Mama link=1168637793/0#7 date=1168683705]i agree with what Martin said, about not needing more boards.[/quote]

Maybe not need, but want? It would be more productive than the spam board

Gary

| 3,774 posts

13th Jan 2007 at 1:30 pm

Gary - I is not evil.

I is not evil.

Actually, to be fair:

Pirates Of Silicon Valley
Antitrust
Hackers

Geeks aren't too badly catered for. Also, Antitrust has Rachael Leigh Cook. And Hackers has Angelina Jolie. Computers and eyecandy, and not just in a "my window has drop shadows!" way.
[http://imagegen.last.fm/Apnet/recenttracks/3/se_osiris.gif]

I like an escalator because an escalator can never break, it can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator temporarily out of order" sign, only an "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience."
- Mitch Hedberg

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

13th Jan 2007 at 1:35 pm

why not just turn the music board into a general media board, and have conversational for serious (and not so serious) opinions on news and stuff?
A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

13th Jan 2007 at 11:51 pm

Jewbacca -

if you build it they will come!

actually, youre probably right, since thats how everyone feels. but then thats what this thread was designed to find out. no worries then.

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

14th Jan 2007 at 10:34 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

It might work as a film, tv, just general media etc board, like Emma said- if people had a reason to make a thread there, or somewhere to make the thread, then I think you'd get more people using it, if that makes ANY sense whatsoever??? But I dunno, like people said the music board isn't the busiest place in the world... I'd check it though, and probably use it.
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

15th Jan 2007 at 12:13 am

can VR hold subforums? you could put a film/gaming/nerd/whatever subforum within the conversational forum.

whatever happens, there is clearly some demand for a media type board, otherwise it wouldn't keep being suggested
A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

15th Jan 2007 at 3:18 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Gash idea.

I remember saying that about the 1st Now Thinking thread...

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page