Photos

Posted In: FAQ. Reading This Thread:

Captain Spiky

| 9,183 posts

14th Apr 2006 at 11:55 am

Captain Spiky - Cockwomble

Cockwomble

Why is it that so many people post photos of themselves in the Photo Gallery without putting who they are? Why are we always expected to guess? I know who most people are, but not all... I imagine that any newbies looking wouldn't have a clue who anyone was.

It would be better if there was a thing on each photo saying who had posted it...

Or if people just put their damn name under their photos.
And no, putting 'me' does not count.
Now that we're here we may as well go too far.

Dr Namgge

| 14,541 posts

14th Apr 2006 at 12:38 pm

err, but what about photo's of person A posted by person B? saying who posted won't help identify who it is in the photo

if it helps, none of the photo's in the gallery are of me
A Random Link
I don't give a f*ck you f*cking f*ck!

Quote:
You should try being me, I injure myself on an hourly basis in stupid and childish ways. I nearly gave myself a heart attack this morning when I stood on a glove.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

14th Apr 2006 at 12:47 pm

Chris Kamara -

yeah, having the poster's ID under the photo isn't going to benefit anyone.

besides, half the fun is guessing.

Captain Spiky

| 9,183 posts

14th Apr 2006 at 5:35 pm

Cockwomble

*sigh* Obviously people sometimes post photos of someone else. Whoopdy f*cking doo.
9 times out of 10 people post photos of themselves. Therefore knowing who had posted it would help in most situations.

The point I'm making is that people should just put their name below their photos. I thought the idea was to see what people look like, not play a guessing game. Especially as other members often post 'who is this?' and never get a reply. What's the point of putting an anonymous photo up there?

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

19th Apr 2006 at 12:32 am

Chris Kamara -

Quote: Milhouse_
*sigh* Obviously people sometimes post photos of someone else. Whoopdy f*cking doo.
9 times out of 10 people post photos of themselves. Therefore knowing who had posted it would help in most situations.

9 out of 10 is just plucked out of thin air.
just knowing who posted the photo in 'most' situations isn't going to eradicate the problem, so it's effectively pointless making any alterations.

plus, there is more than one gallery... we don't really need to know who posted 'random' images.

there's an option to post a caption when you upload a photo. people know what it's for.

in any case, adding a function to show who posted each photo isn't going to help with existing photos, particularly from members who are no longer regular, so any new member looking through them is going to be none the wiser.

Captain Spiky

| 9,183 posts

19th Apr 2006 at 1:54 am

Cockwomble

Fine, so the thing showing you who has posted each photo is a bad idea. Fair enough. It was just a random suggestion that popped into my head when I was making the post. No big deal.

All I was saying is that I think people should post their name under their photos. A simple, logical request, more for other people's benefit than mine.

But nevermind, I shall take my suggestions and my apparent double standards elsewhere.

*slightly bitter*

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

21st Apr 2006 at 2:03 am

Dissimulation -

[quote=Milhouse_ link=1145015702/0#3 date=1145036131]

wombat

| 8,154 posts

21st Apr 2006 at 9:23 am

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

I disagree with Martin. Having the name of the person who posted the picture would be useful, as not only does it a record of who posted what, but I am willing to assume that the vast majority of times people post pictures of themselves rather than somebody else. Even if thats not the case, knowing who posted it would be helpful as a) you know who to ask if you wonder who it is and b) It would be quite nice to know who's been posting pictures of you.

And no, making a photo album into a guessing game is NOT half the f*cking fun.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

21st Apr 2006 at 9:28 am

Chris Kamara -

yeah, because i was being very serious in saying that

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

21st Apr 2006 at 10:04 pm

Dissimulation -

[quote=Cagglewumph_ link=1145015702/0#10 date=1145610448] So who's gonna tell the mod off for conversing on the board then

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

21st Apr 2006 at 10:32 pm

Dissimulation -

Yeah, I think it's just a case of some people forgetting who does and doesn't have juristiction over this board.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page