About the avatars

Posted In: FAQ. Reading This Thread:

The Angry Monkey Show

| 2,387 posts

15th Aug 2002 at 9:04 pm

The Angry Monkey Show - Stop it, Catherine

Stop it, Catherine

Sorry to annoy you 'bout something rather trivial, Loony, but could you fix it so that your avatar isn't stretched if its demensions are too small? It's making mine look a bit sloppy...
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/Brilliant+Karl.png]

Animal

| 32,547 posts

15th Aug 2002 at 9:52 pm

Animal -

as a thought if you could puill it off loony you could have it so the user can adjust the size of the avatars(within reason) so that when people use various sized things they can adjust them so the pic isnt messed up
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

20th Aug 2002 at 11:38 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Nope, sorry I cannot fix it, it is built right into the heart of YaBB, and in fact the perl language.

However, it only affects avatars that are stored on a different serverm so if you want to, give your avatar to me and I'll upload it to my server, where it will look perfect.

hows about that?

Quote:
as a thought if you could puill it off loony you could have it so the user can adjust the size of the avatars(within reason) so that when people use various sized things they can adjust them so the pic isnt messed up

that's a thought, sounds possible, i think, problem I see with it is, if I set it to print the HTML width="whatever height="whatever" witht the values taken from the users profile, the user will have to always input the data, otherwise no picture would appear, might be able to set it up to not print if no data is present, not sure, I'll consult the cookbook.

as a side note, if you still want to use your avatar from a different server, (and if it's a gif) you could simply edit it, so it is on a square background, and then make that background transparent. just a thought, I know it not practical in all cases. but you can stil send me your avatar in any case.

XPhile2868

| 51 posts

31st Oct 2002 at 4:11 pm

XPhile2868 - arrghhh, the vegetables are coming! AAARRGGGHH!

arrghhh, the vegetables are coming! AAARRGGGHH!

*HAIL* vegetables
the truth is out there

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

5th Nov 2002 at 8:32 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

hmm, this is an old thread. for anyone wondering, it is since now been fixed. kinda, if you put in the pixel dimensions of your image, it will display it at that size, if you don't put anythign in, it will be stretched to 100x100. it's always best to put in the actual pixel dimensions of the image (up to the 100x100 limit) since it looks better.

you can find out the image size by opening it up in IE. and in the title bar on most servers it will tell you the pixel dimensions, otherwise, try using paint or a graphics program. also, try not to get the height and width mixed up.

I've learn't a lot more about perl since I first wrote it was impossible

Animal

| 32,547 posts

5th Nov 2002 at 9:36 pm

Animal -

Quote: LoonyPandora_
you can find out the image size by opening it up in IE. and in the title bar on most servers it will tell you the pixel dimensions, otherwise, try using paint or a graphics program. also, try not to get the height and width mixed up.

or right click over the image select properties and look there
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

7th Nov 2002 at 10:13 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Being a mac user, I didn't know you could do that. well said.

satansrubberduck

| 7,520 posts

24th Sept 2003 at 11:28 pm

But you can right click on an iMac. Something I've found out during boring periods at school where I try and find ways to screw up the computers... erm, it was an accident!

SRD

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

25th Sept 2003 at 8:05 am

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

yes, you can right click - (well, control click) - but it doesn't have 'image properties'

Quote:

hmm, this is an old thread. for anyone wondering, it is since now been fixed. kinda, if you put in the pixel dimensions of your image, it will display it at that size, if you don't put anythign in, it will be stretched to 100x100. it's always best to put in the actual pixel dimensions of the image (up to the 100x100 limit) since it looks better.

just in case anyone is wondering

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page