Posted In: FAQ. Reading This Thread:

I Opt Out

| 5,311 posts

4th Apr 2002 at 12:45 am

But I gave up in the end.

Heyyyyy, I'm the first in a section....I feel so...well I was hoping for pride, maybe it'll come to me later. Anyhows, just to share with any web TV users....when you recieve private messages on the board, I have found that no action is taken when you attempt to delete them etc...need feedback on this, it may just be unlucky me...dammit I can't wait to get back on the college PCs!
Do you believe that people only live their lives for themselves?

They've failed you once they'll fail you again-I opt out.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

4th Apr 2002 at 8:36 am

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Hi-ho, hope you get your pride!

I've never used WebTV, but one thing I've noticed with this site is that you need to refresh every page. well almost. so I would try doing that, If that don't cure the problem, get back, and I'll investigate!

I may make all the pages auto refresh every so often, that should help......I think........just because I made this place don't mean I know how to work it!

hairey_jezza

| 0 posts

4th Apr 2002 at 2:08 pm

Hehe how did you make it?

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

4th Apr 2002 at 6:17 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

I made it by being dead good. see I got shades 8)

Nah, I just got the bulk of the program from that site that is at the bottom of every page, I just customised it to suit our needs. tis not finished yet though.

I Opt Out

| 5,311 posts

4th Apr 2002 at 7:14 pm

But I gave up in the end.

Tried and failed I'm afraid...ther problem is, it says "You have 4 messages" etc, you go, reply, do all that stuff...but when it comes to deleting it/emptying, you click on the correct bit...and nothing happens. You see with these things, little cog pictures are meant to turn and the job will be done, but instead they stay still, damn them, leering at me....
Do you believe that people only live their lives for themselves?

They've failed you once they'll fail you again-I opt out.

hairey_jezza

| 0 posts

5th Apr 2002 at 2:55 pm

Hehehehehe

8)I'll Be Back8)

IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...

One Page