Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

15th Aug 2014 at 8:04 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: the doc, Aug 2014
Quote: Rayanne Graff, Aug 2014
Quote: the doc, Aug 2014
I'm listening to Blind Lemon Jefferson for the first time in a f*cking age, and Jamie is showing up online.....spooky

Jamie was here yesterday as well, so perhaps that's what made you listen to Blind Lemon Jefferson.

Smart a*se

(Thanks very much for the card and the biscuits, btw - absolutely delicious. I meant to PM you but with everything else that's been going on it kinda slipped my mind)

It's all right.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

15th Aug 2014 at 8:49 am

Πανδώρα -

Re: page 8 thank you, ladies
I've taken my head for a shake since then and remembered that just getting on with stuff is one of the best ways to feel less like a three legged cart horse pulling a trailer of well rotted manure.

(and the fact that I can now see my bedroom floor and.walls,.rather than one being covered in general Sh*te, and the other lined with all the dresses I'd failed to put away makes dragging my Butt out of bed that much easier)

Shall be busying myself with woodwork and actually going to the gym today. Hopefully. Though I get the feeling that despite having given out money for fuel with the express intention that it is to be used for driving me up there, I'm unlikely to get a lift
lift.

*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

15th Aug 2014 at 11:07 am

Πανδώρα -

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

>_<
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

15th Aug 2014 at 11:39 am

Πανδώρα -

Oh... Right. Turns out I forgot to take my meds three days running. That might explain the beeping ARRAARRRGHHRARRGHH brain
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

16th Aug 2014 at 9:51 pm

Πανδώρα -

Quote: Claire, Aug 2014
Sudden urge to dye hair...

BLUE
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

17th Aug 2014 at 2:12 pm

Πανδώρα -

I want to dye my hair, but it won't dye
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 8:49 am

Πανδώρα -

Quote: Carpet Remnant, Aug 2014
Quote: Puffalump, Aug 2014
Quote: Maeby, Aug 2014
I need a hug.

*Hugggggggggg*

*GROUP HUG*
*burp*

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 10:09 am

TinyShine -

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Dec 2013
I've locked the previous thread so here's a new one.

Also, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

[Angel.gif]

Can't post without quoting!

Now thinking there is a picture of me wearing a waistcoat in the gallery....What was I thinking?! ;-p

Sarah xx

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

18th Aug 2014 at 2:55 pm

TinyShine -

Quote: Claire, Aug 2014
You can't? Do you not have the little reply business in the bottom right corner?

Nope!

Hence the quoting again hehe. I am on my phone though, maybe that's why?!

Sarah xx

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

19th Aug 2014 at 12:06 am

Πανδώρα -

I will never understand what in the world ever possesses anyone to decide to have their face tattooed.
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

19th Aug 2014 at 12:06 am

Πανδώρα -

I will never understand what in the world ever possesses anyone to decide to have their face tattooed.
*burp*

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

19th Aug 2014 at 3:44 pm

TinyShine -

Quote: Bouncebackability, Aug 2014
Quote: Cooder, Aug 2014
Quote: Tiggs, Aug 2014
What variety of anti-vaxxers did you encounter?

Sorry, pet hate.

My father-in-laws next door neighbour, her son is severely autistic and she is rabidly fanatical about vaccines causing, despite having no evidence. She's a f*cking lunatic.

Problem is my Mrs is on the hippy side of things and lends some of the stuff credence when it doesn't deserve it...

I'm fairly sure the autism link was disproved and the doctor behind it lost his license for falsifying his findings? There is literally no link to it.
I hate anti-vax people

Yep, he was a f*cking scam merchant, sickening that people still believe it all.

It's astonishing to me that people continue to believe all this despite the none-evidence that existed being thoroughly disproven.

He wrote up 12 case studies and claimed because some kids with autism had had the MMR it caused it
Took blood samples without permission for kids at his sons birthday party
Had a patent for a measles-only vaccine

I think a lot of parents with children who have Autism latch on to the MMR theory because signs of Autism begin to emerge at around the age the child receives the vaccination...That's purely because the child isn't reaching the social and communication milestones they should be for that age and prior to that the parent may not have noticed anything 'different' about their child.

I work with children with varying diagnoses and quite often the parent will have a strange theory as to why their child is that way. Many of these theories have no evidence whatsoever to support them...But people like to have a reason, they want to know WHY their child is different. They desperately want to find something that means they are not to blame (when of course they never were). It is sad. I think they think if they can find a reason for why it happened then they will find a cure

Sarah xx

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

19th Aug 2014 at 7:30 pm

Quote: TinyShine, Aug 2014
Quote: Tiggs, Aug 2014
What variety of anti-vaxxers did you encounter?

Sorry, pet hate.

My father-in-laws next door neighbour, her son is severely autistic and she is rabidly fanatical about vaccines causing, despite having no evidence. She's a f*cking lunatic.

Problem is my Mrs is on the hippy side of things and lends some of the stuff credence when it doesn't deserve it...

I'm fairly sure the autism link was disproved and the doctor behind it lost his license for falsifying his findings? There is literally no link to it.
I hate anti-vax people

Yep, he was a f*cking scam merchant, sickening that people still believe it all.

It's astonishing to me that people continue to believe all this despite the none-evidence that existed being thoroughly disproven.

He wrote up 12 case studies and claimed because some kids with autism had had the MMR it caused it
Took blood samples without permission for kids at his sons birthday party
Had a patent for a measles-only vaccine

I think a lot of parents with children who have Autism latch on to the MMR theory because signs of Autism begin to emerge at around the age the child receives the vaccination...That's purely because the child isn't reaching the social and communication milestones they should be for that age and prior to that the parent may not have noticed anything 'different' about their child.

I work with children with varying diagnoses and quite often the parent will have a strange theory as to why their child is that way. Many of these theories have no evidence whatsoever to support them...But people like to have a reason, they want to know WHY their child is different. They desperately want to find something that means they are not to blame (when of course they never were). It is sad. I think they think if they can find a reason for why it happened then they will find a cure

Sarah xx

My Dad has 2 autistic children out of 5 of us, we were all vaccinated. His opinion is "autism causes autism. some kids will be autistic, some kids won't, it's just what fate hands to you, and you deal with it"

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 5:44 am

Jewbacca -

I think we all feel that way about some things in the past. I know you can pull through though, you're more than strong enough having had your fair share of these experiences. Sharon sounds like a drain though
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: