Things that make you want to bury someone alive

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

17th Sept 2010 at 12:48 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

I agree with bits of the article (action looks good), but my problem is how the developers are trying to appeal to a different audience, instead of trying to add to the existing audience by changing a lot of the core elements of the game.

But the guy who wrote that isn't a fan of the series. He talked about the multiform weapon, but the first game had a sword which was a sword, scythe and spear. And since the third game, you've been able to switch weapons in the middle of a combo.

And him saying that Dante putting the cigarette out on the enemy, or smoking while overlooking the city was cool is rubbish. Dante's first appearance in the last game, he came through a glass ceiling, shot an old priest point blank in the face, then turned around with blood on his face. And in the third game, he fought loads of monsters while eating a pizza. The stuff from this trailer was so tame.

Again, I'm sure the gameplay and action will be good, and even though it's different, I hope it's good CPA I'm probably going to buy it anyway. But the developers are not making a Devil May Cry game. They're using the name and idea for their own game. The Devil May Cry series we knew is dead, and the developers don't care about the existing fans. That's why I'm angry
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

17th Sept 2010 at 1:59 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Darren, Sept 2010
Quote: I Am The Walrus, Sept 2010
Again, I'm sure the gameplay and action will be good, and even though it's different, I hope it's good CPA I'm probably going to buy it anyway. But the developers are not making a Devil May Cry game. They're using the name and idea for their own game. The Devil May Cry series we knew is dead, and the developers don't care about the existing fans. That's why I'm angry

Isn't that the point of a reboot though?
The idea is to refresh or re-imagine a series. look at the Star Trek reboot as a point of reference. The changed the universe for good, for better or worse. I see this as being no different.
Again, in a lot of ways the reboot of Star Trek was done to try to get it to appeal to a new audience, luckily there were aspects of it that pandered to the older fans too. (Though I still don't like it as much as I do the others and am still angry about parts of it.) As for DMC, its possible the game has aspects for the older fans, until its off the shelf and in your system you will have no idea for sure.

I see your points, and like I said, the the gameplay etc will probably be pretty good. And I'm not opposed to a reboot. But a reboot is supposed to attract new fans while retaining the elements of the old that people loved. An emo Dante is not the way to do that.

And yes, its only the first trailer and we haven't seen the vast majority of the game yet. But on the basis of the trailer, which is all we have and all they have shown us so far, the game has lost what many perceived to be it's strongest points. That's not what a reboot is supposed to do.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

17th Sept 2010 at 3:21 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Gordon Cole, Sept 2010
I guess the only thing we'll agree on is that we can all see each others points. Dirty.

All I'm saying is, it's like Guns n Roses decided to reform, but instead of Slash, they're hiring Miley Cyrus' brother. Now, he may be a good guitarist, and the songs may sound exactly the same. But it ain't Slash.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

17th Sept 2010 at 9:11 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Yeah, f*ck Devon.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

17th Sept 2010 at 9:36 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

People who think twitter is just a podium to shout about themselves from.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

17th Sept 2010 at 11:43 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

He does sound like a racist w**ker; and of course it's a pity the bus driver didn't do anything about it as well.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

18th Sept 2010 at 8:43 am

River Phoenix

It's bad enough that i'm very limpy. i now have a rash on my left hand and on my face. Hopefully, it'll get better if i stop wearing nail varnish for a few days.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

18th Sept 2010 at 6:21 pm

I saw the most awesome Sex Bob-Omb T-shirt in Forbidden Planet today, and it was only available in girls' fit
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

19th Sept 2010 at 9:28 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Puffalump, Sept 2010
Quote: LoonyPandora, Sept 2010
People who think twitter is just a podium to shout about themselves from.

... so what is it for then?

For connecting with people, and entering a discussion. Otherwise it's just a place to shout, and it's crap when there are just millions of people shouting, you can't hear anything.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

21st Sept 2010 at 8:36 pm

River Phoenix

(Aw, poor dog. )

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

23rd Sept 2010 at 3:30 pm

Πανδώρα -

^^

i now have visions of you walking the streets trouserless

anyway. it just started raining, so i stopped painting, put all the covers on to protect what i had painted
came inside, got changed, and it's now stopped raining.

also. the side of my candle exploded again, wax ran off the desk and dripped all on my decent black strappy top.
and fayes laptop. but that's less annoying.
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

24th Sept 2010 at 11:18 am

Πανδώρα -

Absolute f*cking D*CKS.

got my certificates through today. my grade is better than i thought DMM, rather than MMM

HOWEVER. my animal health grade is STILL F*CKING WRONG.
i had this out with them earlier in the year when we got the first lot of these back - i got merit, not a skanky f*cking pass. i made sure i f*cking did.

need to dig out my assignments. probably don;t have them all back though do i... f*cking helen...

*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

24th Sept 2010 at 1:57 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: the doc, Sept 2010
Not having all these disco lights and sh*tty music in between frames at the snooker. Not really having the best-of-five format either, there's no natural ebb and flow like there is in the longer matches.

B*ll*cks.

Well, it does involve balls, so it's not surprising that it's b*ll*cks.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

24th Sept 2010 at 11:33 pm

I aim to misbehave

Just watched the first 4 episodes of The American Office (I'd seen the first 2 before ages ago, but didn't like it)

I still think it's awful. Maybe 2 laughs out of the 4 episodes. Steve Carell is not suited to that role. The Dwight (Gareth) character is just a prick. Gareth was meant to be annoying, but harmless. Dwight is just a prick. A genuine prick. I feel no chemistry between Jim and Pam (Tim and Dawn). The original had all those little glances, the background shots, the missed looks, like each could easily just stare at the other for ages.

The story is also much worse. The first episode followed the same general story as the first of the British version, but the rest have been awful.

But my biggest gripe so far? In The Office, Tim put Gareth's stapler in yellow jelly. Gareth blames Tim, and Tim says "What makes you think it was me?", whilst eating a bar of yellow jelly, the thing you make the jelly from.

American Office, Jim puts Dwight's stapler in yellow jelly. Dwight blames Jim, and Jim says "What makes you think it was me?", whilst eating a plastic cup of red jelly (the type you'd buy in a shop or canteen) with a plastic spoon.

That was one of the best jokes in the original, and they completely f*cked it up in the American one. It's not that hard to f*ck up. A) It has already been done, so you have been shown how to do it. B) You would have had to have bought the yellow jelly bars in order to make the jelly to put the stapler in, so just buy one extra bar (maybe 3 for extra takes). Buying a completely different thing of a different coloured jelly as well as a plastic spoon is surely more difficult.

Yeah. I'll finish this season but if it doesn't improve, I'm not going to bother with Seasons 2 & 3.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Sept 2010 at 10:18 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Rick James, B*tch, Sept 2010
Just watched the first 4 episodes of The American Office (I'd seen the first 2 before ages ago, but didn't like it)

I still think it's awful. Maybe 2 laughs out of the 4 episodes. Steve Carell is not suited to that role. The Dwight (Gareth) character is just a prick. Gareth was meant to be annoying, but harmless. Dwight is just a prick. A genuine prick. I feel no chemistry between Jim and Pam (Tim and Dawn). The original had all those little glances, the background shots, the missed looks, like each could easily just stare at the other for ages.

The story is also much worse. The first episode followed the same general story as the first of the British version, but the rest have been awful.

But my biggest gripe so far? In The Office, Tim put Gareth's stapler in yellow jelly. Gareth blames Tim, and Tim says "What makes you think it was me?", whilst eating a bar of yellow jelly, the thing you make the jelly from.

American Office, Jim puts Dwight's stapler in yellow jelly. Dwight blames Jim, and Jim says "What makes you think it was me?", whilst eating a plastic cup of red jelly (the type you'd buy in a shop or canteen) with a plastic spoon.

That was one of the best jokes in the original, and they completely f*cked it up in the American one. It's not that hard to f*ck up. A) It has already been done, so you have been shown how to do it. B) You would have had to have bought the yellow jelly bars in order to make the jelly to put the stapler in, so just buy one extra bar (maybe 3 for extra takes). Buying a completely different thing of a different coloured jelly as well as a plastic spoon is surely more difficult.

Yeah. I'll finish this season but if it doesn't improve, I'm not going to bother with Seasons 2 & 3.

Don't do that. The American Office is my favourite American comedy of the last few years, it's absolutely brilliant. But the first series is terrible, skip it, you aren't missing anything. Watch the second series though, it's really great, it should convince you.
Also don't hold it in too close comparison to the english version, it's its own thing. The problem with the first series is they didn't realise that.

2 questions:
Does Steve Carell stop overacting?
Does Dwight become any less of a prick?

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Sept 2010 at 3:47 pm

I aim to misbehave

I don't remember the first series well enough to remember. But seriously, don't judge it based on the first series, it's totally not a good representation of what that show is.
Jim and Pam have much better chemistry than Dawn and Tim as well, in my opinion.

Alright dude. I trust you. I guess I do have to put the original to the back of mind. But that jelly thing really p*ssed me off.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

25th Sept 2010 at 9:00 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

My photoshop course got cancelled - they sent me a letter in the post and it says nowt about how to get a refund. Work paid for it anyway so I can't sort it until I'm back in and can get the business card. I'm really annoyed not because I was looking forward to it, but because Photoshop has become something I need to use daily and I really need to learn how to use it effectively.

Download some linda.com tutorials. They are brilliant. If you are really cheap, Darren has some VHS training videos of mine. They will teach you how to use photoshop 3 like a pro!

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

25th Sept 2010 at 9:29 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

My photoshop course got cancelled - they sent me a letter in the post and it says nowt about how to get a refund. Work paid for it anyway so I can't sort it until I'm back in and can get the business card. I'm really annoyed not because I was looking forward to it, but because Photoshop has become something I need to use daily and I really need to learn how to use it effectively.

Download some linda.com tutorials. They are brilliant. If you are really cheap, Darren has some VHS training videos of mine. They will teach you how to use photoshop 3 like a pro!
I don't recall ever seeing these.

They were in that box of junk that I left at your old flat. Along with a copy of Quark 3 (that I seem to remember lending to Amy, now I think about it) - Illustrator 6, Photoshop 4, and Mac OS 7.6.1.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

26th Sept 2010 at 5:27 pm

Delirium Tremens -

I don't recall ever seeing these.

They were in that box of junk that I left at your old flat. Along with a copy of Quark 3 (that I seem to remember lending to Amy, now I think about it) - Illustrator 6, Photoshop 4, and Mac OS 7.6.1.

The road to happiness is paved with a lot of JimAndy's litter.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

26th Sept 2010 at 8:00 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

Being unemployed and living at home would probably have given me some kind of drinking problem, if I could afford to have one.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: