Whatchoo smiling 'bout, Willis?

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Paula

| 4,556 posts

4th May 2011 at 5:00 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

And it's all handed in now. I feel sleepy

Oooh! I also get to sing the Dream Theater song from last year again since one of the guys wants to do it for his recital. Lucky for him I have a good memory for lyrics )

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

4th May 2011 at 8:12 pm

Delirium Tremens -

The second series of Stewart Lee's comedy vehicle starts tonight at 11.20pm, and I am more excited for it than I have been for any non-timelord related televisual feast this year.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

4th May 2011 at 8:26 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Quote: Delirium Tremens, May 2011
The second series of Stewart Lee's comedy vehicle starts tonight at 11.20pm, and I am more excited for it than I have been for any non-timelord related televisual feast this year.
This.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

4th May 2011 at 9:20 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: The King Of Limbs, May 2011
Quote: Delirium Tremens, May 2011
This.

Not this.

I'll record it and watch it tomorrow. Never watched the first series as I didn't know who he wad. I do now, so I'll definitely give it a try. I'm sure you two will tell me it's fantastic but you're biased f*cks anyway.

In other news, Grandad got out of hospital today. I was worried he would be really weak but he's actually in pretty good condition. There was a problem with his stomach a few weeks ago where he was getting sick, what can only be described as black sick coming out of his mouth. Apparently there was a problem with his bowels and there was excrement lying in his stomach. Or as he described it today, "5 years worth of dung in his stomach".

Hopefully he has a peaceful few months before any further health issues.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

5th May 2011 at 2:47 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Months ago on Twitter I said Stewart Lee wasn't funny, and he felt the need to quote me, twitter handle included. on his website.

This means one of three things, all equally as limp as each other;

- He searches his own name on social media and archives the comments
- He pays someone to search his name on social media and archive the comments
- His fans submit to him their searches on social media and he archives the comments

I wonder if I'm going to get similar levels of Twitter abuse to last year, when Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip's fans didn't appreciate me describing their album as "sub-playground politics".

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

5th May 2011 at 10:15 am

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Barrington, May 2011

In other news, Grandad got out of hospital today. I was worried he would be really weak but he's actually in pretty good condition. There was a problem with his stomach a few weeks ago where he was getting sick, what can only be described as black sick coming out of his mouth. Apparently there was a problem with his bowels and there was excrement lying in his stomach. Or as he described it today, "5 years worth of dung in his stomach".

Hopefully he has a peaceful few months before any further health issues.

Glad to hear it, Barry.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

5th May 2011 at 1:41 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i'm also glad that Baz's grandfather is all right.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

the doc

| 23,161 posts

5th May 2011 at 6:15 pm

the doc -

I got an easter egg and some chocolate animals off Straws. Cheers chuck

Had a great time in Portugal an' all. Next stop New Orleans in October

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

5th May 2011 at 6:22 pm

River Phoenix

You're welcome. And i'm glad you're back as i miss you when you're not here.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

5th May 2011 at 6:40 pm

the doc -

Awwwww...........

Been a hectic few weeks with Ania's grandad being ill/dying and all the Bank Holidays and my trip away, I'll try to come by this way a bit more often if I can.

Incidentally, summat else that makes me smile is that we actuaklly went to Portugal to get away from the royal brats getting spliced and it actually f*cking worked! Spent the day walking round and eating lots, then got thoroughly sh*tfaced on JD and coke in the hotel bar that night, woke up and it was all over.......Magic

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

5th May 2011 at 7:22 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Miss Piggy, May 2011

I am so easily amused

That guys whole channel is ace:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bTbAsmPOKo

However, my favourite animal video on YouTube is this:

Paula

| 4,556 posts

6th May 2011 at 5:37 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

It's not quite as funny as the video but that reminds me of the way my dog used to act whenever she saw a pair of headphones. I always used to listen to music when I took her for a walk so to her headphones meant 'walkies'.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

6th May 2011 at 6:15 pm

Πανδώρα -

Jake's put a fair bit of beef on, since we were trying miss with all sorts of food to tempt her to eat, whatever she didn't eatm went into him
So he's earned the name "Fat boy"
Problem is, he now answers more to that than he does to his actual name >_>

Anyway, i found a can of pepsi hidden at the back of the fridge, after having nothing but coke in for weeks i'm in heaven

Last fizzy drink for a long long while
*burp*

Animal

| 32,547 posts

6th May 2011 at 6:17 pm

Animal -

Quote: Miss Piggy, May 2011
It's not quite as funny as the video but that reminds me of the way my dog used to act whenever she saw a pair of headphones. I always used to listen to music when I took her for a walk so to her headphones meant 'walkies'.
This reminded me of something. Ollie, Mums Westie has a retractable lead for walks. So he has associated a big red object with sangli bits to mean walkies time. I was at Mums a few weeks ago and was just about to leave for the shops, so picked up my headphones he went mad. It seems he mixed my headphones and his lead up so spent five minutes pestering me to take him out.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Animal

| 32,547 posts

6th May 2011 at 10:44 pm

Animal -

A few on here may be old school enough to remener L'enfant Terriblè or Steady as he is known of late. I work with him at Zen. (Well he is in managed networks, so on a different floor in a differed dept to me but still.).

Back in the early days of his career as a Tech Supportian he built some tools for us which are located on a server called Shankara. One of the managers at the time was well into Shakira, for the obvious reasons. Steady hid a link on Shankara which most people are unaware of (It's hidden in the White space of the servers homepage.) I stumbled onto it a few weeks ago thanks to idly clicking at nothing in particular while mulling over a fault I was working on. Asking about it I find out the history and how rarely people spot it. So I then ask why he has never used Konami Code based Easter eggs. a few weeks pass and I forget the conversation. Today people in support start passing an Easter egg around for Shankara, thinking it's just Shakira I ignore it till I heard someone explaining how to invoke it. Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a.

Steady listened to me! Win. I'm directly responsible for Shankara's latest hidden feature. Allowing us to do Splendid ADSL Diagnostics, have access to Lovely Email tools and so on as opposed to just plain old ADSL Diagnostics and Email Tools. Oh yeah and have the monitor gayed up with unicorns. Unicorns everywhere.

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

7th May 2011 at 8:41 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: Animal, May 2011
A few on here may be old school enough to remener L'enfant Terriblè or Steady as he is known of late. I work with him at Zen. (Well he is in managed networks, so on a different floor in a differed dept to me but still.).

Back in the early days of his career as a Tech Supportian he built some tools for us which are located on a server called Shankara. One of the managers at the time was well into Shakira, for the obvious reasons. Steady hid a link on Shankara which most people are unaware of (It's hidden in the White space of the servers homepage.) I stumbled onto it a few weeks ago thanks to idly clicking at nothing in particular while mulling over a fault I was working on. Asking about it I find out the history and how rarely people spot it. So I then ask why he has never used Konami Code based Easter eggs. a few weeks pass and I forget the conversation. Today people in support start passing an Easter egg around for Shankara, thinking it's just Shakira I ignore it till I heard someone explaining how to invoke it. Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a.

Steady listened to me! Win. I'm directly responsible for Shankara's latest hidden feature. Allowing us to do Splendid ADSL Diagnostics, have access to Lovely Email tools and so on as opposed to just plain old ADSL Diagnostics and Email Tools. Oh yeah and have the monitor gayed up with unicorns. Unicorns everywhere.

Gah! I hate it when people don't give bits of kit descriptive names!

Animal

| 32,547 posts

7th May 2011 at 8:50 am

Animal -

Believe it or not, it is actually fairly descriptive of what it does. As is Turing and Dennythor. IS started switching all the mailservers and gateways to more descriptI've naming conventions. It's caused a few customer complaints, since a lot of our older, more techie users knew what each box was by name. It's also made the names of servers incredibly obscure. Stuff like SHCP01.zen doesn't reveal much unless you have a good idea of what you're looking at.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

7th May 2011 at 8:55 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Believe it or not, it is actually fairly descriptive of what it does. As is Turing and Dennythor. IS started switching all the mailservers and gateways to more descriptI've naming conventions. It's caused a few customer complaints, since a lot of our older, more techie users knew what each box was by name. It's also made the names of servers incredibly obscure. Stuff like SHCP01.zen doesn't reveal much unless you have a good idea of what you're looking at.

Not really is it? Is it's just a name, in fact naming them after things is extremely bad practice and a bit of a joke these days. Naming conventions is where it's at

Paula

| 4,556 posts

7th May 2011 at 8:31 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

For all I said I wasn't too fussed about making money earlier o today, I've just found that I can get just over £70 for the CDs I want rid of from the musicmagpie website

Animal

| 32,547 posts

7th May 2011 at 8:43 pm

Animal -

Quote: Super Nintendo Chalmers, May 2011

Not really is it? Is it's just a name, in fact naming them after things is extremely bad practice and a bit of a joke these days. Naming conventions is where it's at
Trust me, for what we use those three boxes for I can't think of anything better… maybe diagstools01/diagstools02 for Turing and Shankara
Then perhaps techsupportbackdoorthroughISfirewall for Dennythor?

Also, Paula - £70? How many CD's? I need to whittle down my collection I think..

Cycling Antics

Paula

| 4,556 posts

7th May 2011 at 8:49 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

71 CDs. There were a couple I couldn't do anything with since they didn't have barcodes

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

7th May 2011 at 10:00 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: Super Nintendo Chalmers, May 2011

Trust me, for what we use those three boxes for I can't think of anything better… maybe diagstools01/diagstools02 for Turing and Shankara
Then perhaps techsupportbackdoorthroughISfirewall for Dennythor?

You should try walking into an environment with a none descriptive nomenclature and no naming convention, then try working stuff out, it's a f*cking nightmare and a massive waste of time. The place I'm at now was using greek gods for f*cks sake, they called their mail server "pegasus" or some wacky sh*t, "because he was a winged stallion! It represents email!" No it doesn't it represents the insular and egotistical nature of nerd IT staff who want to be above everyone else by making it harder for anyone to question what they do and how they do it by using esoteric references. It also cost them a good few grand as during the move weekend, no one on site knew what it was so shut it down and f*cked it off /rant.

As for illicit stuff, I find it better to give them overtly descriptive names or piggy back it on stuff that people don't care about, like print servers...

Animal

| 32,547 posts

7th May 2011 at 10:21 pm

Animal -

To be fair it's only the internal support boxes and one or two Thera that are known publically as their server names that have none conventional naming. Everything else, like the Cpanel servers and their associated mail servers. Or the mailservers themselves all use descriptive names. Shcp01 would be shared hosting Cpanel 01. Simples.

Cycling Antics

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

8th May 2011 at 1:20 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Someone who I lent £150 to about a year ago paid up today, completely out of the blue.

Got a new job, and Leeds won too. Decent day, all in all.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

8th May 2011 at 11:53 am

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Laura while playing Portal, at the end when you're going down in to the flame pit and are supposed to panic and look for somewhere to shoot a portal so you know… don't die, she just sits back and watches - waiting for the credits to come up. "I thought it was an allegorical story about how life is futile!"

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

8th May 2011 at 3:12 pm

Roxannie -

Cousin's wife's Facebook status:

Paddy, looking at me with pity, says "Oh don't worry that you don't have a willy" then brightening says "We can go to the shop and buy you one!"

Animal

| 32,547 posts

8th May 2011 at 5:48 pm

Animal -

Been out at a mates allotment all day helping build a shed, was fed with a massive steak and ale pie as thanks and have been given a bottle of moonshine/hobo juice as a bonus. Apparently it's as close to paraffin as you can get while being able to still drink it.

Slightly tempted by this allotment lark. Maybe when I move?

Edited by Animal May 2011

Cycling Antics

Animal

| 32,547 posts

8th May 2011 at 6:34 pm

Animal -

Also.

Robots put Judgement day on hold to play angry birds.

Cycling Antics

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

8th May 2011 at 7:06 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Been out at a mates allotment all day helping build a shed, was fed with a massive steak and ale pie as thanks and have been given a bottle of moonshine/hobo juice as a bonus. Apparently it's as close to paraffin as you can get while being able to still drink it.

Slightly tempted by this allotment lark. Maybe when I move?

Allotments are f*cking mint, I love d*cking around on my mates.

oh and

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

8th May 2011 at 8:41 pm

River Phoenix

i found 1p in the road near the school on the 23rd of April.

On Tuesday, i went for a walk with the fiancé. i found £1 and 1p on the pavement near the field where the horses and chickens live. We walked along the path near the river and saw dogs, seven white butterflies, two orange butterflies, a brown butterfly, ducks, cygnets and two swans. Then we walked a bit more and saw some sheep.

Yesterday, i found 1p on the road near the school and the fiancé bought me doughnuts.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

8th May 2011 at 11:17 pm

Animal -

Mary Shelleys Frankenhole is bloody awesome. Wrong on every level, but yet rather amusing with it.

Cycling Antics

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

9th May 2011 at 3:39 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Billy Bragg ain't got sh*t on Rolf.

Paula

| 4,556 posts

10th May 2011 at 5:23 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

Two things.

First, I went to uni today to sort out forwarding address details and caught up with a couple of friends in the canteen, so we went for a couple of celebratory drinks and laughed at the people still trying to finish things off for the FINAL deadline (5pm today), not the May 4th one that my tutors were throwing around to trick people into finishing on time. Mean, I know, but we felt like we'd earned it.

Second, This music video that a couple of friends of mine and Alex's made

Animal

| 32,547 posts

10th May 2011 at 6:01 pm

Animal -

And the borgification begins..

Tonights its Boris Jobson

Next week Borg Jobson...

The week after? Who knows?

Cycling Antics

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

10th May 2011 at 10:11 pm

Roxannie -

Animal

| 32,547 posts

11th May 2011 at 8:21 pm

Animal -

The celubu-borg-ification of one of my co-workers has begun. Now to spruce up Boris Jobsons profile prior to creating Sam Malkovitch, nega-sam Jobson, Sam Cage Sam Sheen and many more.

Cycling Antics

Paula

| 4,556 posts

11th May 2011 at 8:41 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

While sorting out which of my shoes are going to the charity shop and which I'll be keeping I found my favourite grey hat that I'd lost months ago

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

11th May 2011 at 8:43 pm

I Cunt Spell -

lamebook.jpg

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

11th May 2011 at 9:07 pm

River Phoenix

The fiancé bought me Lindt mini eggs and two mocha tarts and his mother bought me Dolly Mixtures. When i was out with the fiancé in his car, i saw a woman who was taking a pug for a walk. i also saw an Eddie Stobart lorry; it had Malcolm written on the back so i thought that was cool as my father is called Malcolm.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

12th May 2011 at 5:33 pm

Πανδώρα -

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/XDOW/SDC16232.jpg]
*burp*

Vel

| 23,203 posts

12th May 2011 at 6:01 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

^^ Like the way it says *burp* underneath
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

13th May 2011 at 10:22 pm

River Phoenix

The fiancé bought me some Belgian triple chocolate biscuits.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

14th May 2011 at 2:33 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Seeing Frank Turner tonight, very excited about that.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

16th May 2011 at 10:28 pm

Animal -

Old, but I absolutely love this..

Cycling Antics

Paula

| 4,556 posts

17th May 2011 at 4:07 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

My tutors are awesome. Today I received an email asking if anyone would be interested in some work experience backstage...at Leeds Festival!

I don't know all the details yet, only that they have 4 spaces and that anyone interested should contact them as soon as possible. I've sent a reply email. Fingers crossed.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

17th May 2011 at 5:01 pm

Animal -

Quote: Lady Stark, May 2011
My tutors are awesome. Today I received an email asking if anyone would be interested in some work experience backstage...at Leeds Festival!

I don't know all the details yet, only that they have 4 spaces and that anyone interested should contact them as soon as possible. I've sent a reply email. Fingers crossed.

Holy f*ck, that's a hell of an oppertunity.

Cycling Antics

Animal

| 32,547 posts

17th May 2011 at 6:46 pm

Animal -

Sorry George and thanks Laura.

Cycling Antics

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

17th May 2011 at 7:00 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Sorry Darren

[http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/arm_wrestling_champion_03.jpg]

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

17th May 2011 at 7:03 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Sorry Darren

*ROARS with LAUGHTER*

George absolutely magnificent c*nt!

Animal

| 32,547 posts

17th May 2011 at 7:38 pm

Animal -

Sorry Darren

ICWUTUDIDTHER

Cycling Antics

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: