LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

23rd Mar 2010 at 9:36 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Darren, Mar 2010
Quote: LoonyPandora, Mar 2010
Base Jumping... Must get into that. From The Big Picture
It looks like so much fun.. Then you hit the pavement.!

That's the downside to it. Seriously, that video is one of the most horrible things I've ever seen. Don't watch if you don't want to see and hear what happens when a base jump goes wrong...

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

23rd Mar 2010 at 9:57 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

That's the downside to it. Seriously, that video is one of the most horrible things I've ever seen. Don't watch if you don't want to see and hear what happens when a base jump goes wrong...

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/813123.png]
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

23rd Mar 2010 at 10:45 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

^^ Either I'm desensitised or else I'm a robot with no emotions besides curiosity.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 12:46 am

I Cunt Spell -

Ooops. I gave into the CONSTANT PERSISTENCE of that girl I told my best friend I wouldn't hang out with and she's meeting me after work this week.
If I didn't find her over familiarity/friendliness disconcerting I'd tell him to get f*cked, but I kinda feel like it can only end badly anyway.
Too late now though. Hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph...

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 12:53 am

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

i spent 11 hours playing Halo 3/ ODST today

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 12:59 am

Dissimulation -

Positive mental attitude! South Somerset Mind have said there's funding in place for me and Shaun to gain our Level 1 & 2 FA coaching badges, and then, once that's in place, we'll be responsible for running the Monday night training session for the service users. At the moment, I'm volunteering with Mind on the football side of things in an unofficial capacity, but my CRB comes back in a couple of weeks, and I can get stuck in properly with a wide range of projects. The plan is to see how I get on for a few weeks and then get in touch with Yeovil night shelter and help out down there, as well. I can't help thinking I'm gonna be sh*t at it, though - or at least my self esteem issues are going to hold me back. But it's a foot in the door, with valuable experience and hopefully I can get a paid career out of it.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 7:36 am

Jewbacca -

Quote: Claire, Mar 2010
Quote: Paddy Irishman, Mar 2010
Also, I really should pay more attention when driving. There is a section of road at least 5 miles long that I just cannot remember at all from this morning. Seriously, I realised I was behind a Corolla, then I realised I had been behind a lorry about 5 miles ago. And I had no recollection of where the lorry went, or how I got where I was. Obviously, I didn't crash or kill anyone, so I drove okay. I just dazed through it

I do this. It's a 20 minute drive to work, and sometimes I turn up and have no idea how I got there without dying.

Don't worry you're probably completely focussed during the drive and then only after you arrive you just forget everything because you've done that journey so many times in the past. so once you get there in retrospect it seems like you were reckless but you weren't actually if that makes any sense.

Unless this is a journey that you haven't ever done before, in which case you're lucky to be alive
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 4:26 pm

Πανδώρα -

damn mouse has died already :/
*burp*

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 6:52 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Having met his mother and head carer yesterday in Starbucks yesterday, had college today and my mentor tell me that they were impressed with my demeanour, I'm meeting the young man who I'll be caring for tomorrow. Everyone's told me he's lovely and easy to get on with, but I'm nervous that we may not click. I really hope we do. I won't have any responsibilities for a few months until I've shadowed the people who already help him and got everything down pat. Can't wait.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 6:54 pm

Animal -

Had word from an ex co-worker that he's jacking the job at the end of the week after next, going into working at a carpenters.

I'm genuinely f*cking jealous. Would love to get the f*ck out of IT and do something more practical.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 7:00 pm

learrggh -

Quote: James, Mar 2010
Having met his mother and head carer yesterday in Starbucks yesterday, had college today and my mentor tell me that they were impressed with my demeanour, I'm meeting the young man who I'll be caring for tomorrow. Everyone's told me he's lovely and easy to get on with, but I'm nervous that we may not click. I really hope we do. I won't have any responsibilities for a few months until I've shadowed the people who already help him and got everything down pat. Can't wait.

good luck with it, mister.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 7:03 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Cheers, mate.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 7:37 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Babestation, Mar 2010
Positive mental attitude! South Somerset Mind have said there's funding in place for me and Shaun to gain our Level 1 & 2 FA coaching badges, and then, once that's in place, we'll be responsible for running the Monday night training session for the service users. At the moment, I'm volunteering with Mind on the football side of things in an unofficial capacity, but my CRB comes back in a couple of weeks, and I can get stuck in properly with a wide range of projects. The plan is to see how I get on for a few weeks and then get in touch with Yeovil night shelter and help out down there, as well. I can't help thinking I'm gonna be sh*t at it, though - or at least my self esteem issues are going to hold me back. But it's a foot in the door, with valuable experience and hopefully I can get a paid career out of it.

Quote: mr. lisa, Mar 2010
damn mouse has died already :/

... wait

... what?

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 7:38 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Cheers, mate.

Good luck from me an all, sure you'll do a great job

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 7:39 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Had word from an ex co-worker that he's jacking the job at the end of the week after next, going into working at a carpenters.

I'm genuinely f*cking jealous. Would love to get the f*ck out of IT and do something more practical.

This Will we talking about? Thought he was working in in the family antiques/curiosities shop?

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

24th Mar 2010 at 9:29 pm

I Cunt Spell -

Yay! I hope it goes well.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 12:32 am

Animal -

This Will we talking about? Thought he was working in in the family antiques/curiosities shop?
My understanding from the conversation I had on Monday was it was a carpentry place, I could be very wrong though, since I was highly distracted by doing work at the time.

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Paula

| 4,556 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 1:02 am

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

Is my luck with housing just worse than most?

since 2008 I have lived in one flat that was due to be demolished three months after I moved in (I have no idea how that worked), one flat that flooded the first day I was there, had the key broken off in the lock of the front door and was full of mice, and now my current flat which has had to date three power cuts, a flooded bathroom and all manner of disturbances from the bloody builders

Animal

| 32,547 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 1:35 am

Animal -

Quote: Joan Jett, Mar 2010

since 2008 I have lived in one flat that was due to be demolished three months after I moved in (I have no idea how that worked), one flat that flooded the first day I was there, had the key broken off in the lock of the front door and was full of mice, and now my current flat which has had to date three power cuts, a flooded bathroom and all manner of disturbances from the bloody builders
Not as unlucky as you but... I've yet to live somewhere with a fully working boiler or reasonable/none noisy neighbours. When using rented places ive never had a decent landlord.

Cycling Antics

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 1:37 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Not as unlucky as you but... I've yet to live somewhere with a fully working boiler or reasonable/none noisy neighbours. When using rented places ive never had a decent landlord.

Heidi was decent, at least she was in the time I was at the Weller Avenue house. The boiler there was ropey though.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 2:18 am

Animal -

Quote: Albert Johanneson, Mar 2010

Heidi was decent, at least she was in the time I was at the Weller Avenue house. The boiler there was ropey though.
It was mire the fact she left everything to us to sort, rather than doing anything herself. Like when the aga(sp?) b0rked. Plus she was pretty sh*t at keeping records.

Cycling Antics

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 2:46 am

Outside-left

That's a good point actually, I seem to remember having to confirm and reconfirm a lot with her. We had an Aga?

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 6:03 am

Jewbacca -

Quote: hempyuk

lol he makes zombie noise at the end..... night of the living base jumpers

lol
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Animal

| 32,547 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 7:42 am

Animal -

That's a good point actually, I seem to remember having to confirm and reconfirm a lot with her. We had an Aga?
Aye, we did. As fir the aga. Not in the traditional sense of the word, but it was a massive f*cking thing with multiple ovens and hot plates and what not which had the name all over it.

Cycling Antics

Vel

| 23,203 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 10:42 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

That lump on the inside of my lip from 3 weeks ago has turned into a huge blister and it's really annoying. I don't think it's just an ulcer. Meh.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 3:24 pm

Outside-left

Aye, we did. As fir the aga. Not in the traditional sense of the word, but it was a massive f*cking thing with multiple ovens and hot plates and what not which had the name all over it.

Shows how much I actually ate at that house.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 5:49 pm

Animal -

You ate there. You just never cooked, more often than not bringing food back from work or getting take out.

Cycling Antics

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 6:38 pm

Roxannie -

you know what I'm thinking about?

A canoe.

I can't stop thinking about it. All day my head's been like, canoe, work, canoe, tea, canoe canoe canoe. It's just sitting there. Lost...abandoned...up for grabs? I want it. Yes it's old, yes it's worn, yes it has "69er" spraypainted on it, but I don't care. I want to take it home and look after it and make it mine.

IT'S A F*CKING CANOE JUST LEAVE IT THERE YOU DON'T EVEN LIKE GOING OUTSIDE.

canoecanoecanoecanoecanoe

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 7:48 pm

Πανδώρα -

i think i broke a quail
*burp*

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 11:09 pm

Outside-left

You ate there. You just never cooked, more often than not bringing food back from work or getting take out.

Well, yes. Cooked would have been the preferred word.

I Cunt Spell

| 4,650 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 11:13 pm

I Cunt Spell -

How'd it go, young'un?

Paula

| 4,556 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 11:13 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

I'm kinda thinking about getting a haircut to try to cheer myself up a bit, but I'm poor. Do I trust my head to the hairdressing students or give the whole thing up as a bad idea

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 11:20 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i'd say go for it.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

25th Mar 2010 at 11:43 pm

Outside-left

I'd say avoid. No woman in the history of being allowed to do things has ever been satisfied with herself in the days following a haircut.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 12:20 am

Animal -

I'd say avoid. No woman in the history of being allowed to do things has ever been satisfied with herself in the days following a haircut.
Not totally true, since I know a few that have been more than happy. But student hairdressers?

It's kinda hard to get my hair wrong, since I just want some taken off once in a while, but I wouldn't risk it.

Cycling Antics

Claire

| 15,814 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 12:23 am

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Wrong, love. I feel better for a haircut 99% of the time. The 1% being the time I ended up with hair two different lengths because I went to a hairdresser who'd been qualified like 2 weeks and was about 5.

And don't say I don't count as a woman
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 12:57 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I'm kinda thinking about getting a haircut to try to cheer myself up a bit, but I'm poor. Do I trust my head to the hairdressing students or give the whole thing up as a bad idea

NO! NO! NO!

1st two times I went, it went great (although it did take 3 hours which is way too long for a haircut).

After the 3rd time, I vowed never to go back.

Why? You ask?

No-one wants to hear the teacher scream at the person cutting your hair "NO! NO! You're doing it ALL WRONG! THAT'S ALL WRONG!"

See where your friends go. Some hairdressers give out vouchers to people who refer a friend and then you both get 20% off. Stuff like that.

Student hairdressers are pot luck. And a bad haircut takes ages to grow out as well.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 1:24 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Toodles, Mar 2010

How'd it go, young'un?

Popped over to Waterloo to meet him and his part time carer in the library yesterday. He seems like a really cool guy, he's little more dependent than the description had led me to believe -wheelchair bound, palsy, almost completely blind - but he was very smiley and welcoming. The carer said he'd been tense all day and was showing off to me with the way he was drinking his juice and stuff, but that may have been her encouraging him/me.

I talked to him about wanting to be his mate and looking forward to lending a hand and told him I supported Arsenal, that I didn't have to travel too far to come see him. I think we clicked okay, but because his speech is limited to 'yes' and 'no' I couldn't really gauge any kind of opinion. Hopefully, he liked me and we'll be able to build a relationship, but all I can do is wait and see.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 1:47 pm

learrggh -

i need a hair cut. i have not had one in almost a year, i think. hair is nearly to my waist, turning ginger, and so damaged i won't straighten it anymore. i don't like going to the hairdressers. is so boring.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 1:49 pm

River Phoenix

i'm going to have mine cut tomorrow.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 2:12 pm

I aim to misbehave

Popped over to Waterloo to meet him and his part time carer in the library yesterday. He seems like a really cool guy, he's little more dependent than the description had led me to believe -wheelchair bound, palsy, almost completely blind - but he was very smiley and welcoming. The carer said he'd been tense all day and was showing off to me with the way he was drinking his juice and stuff, but that may have been her encouraging him/me.

I talked to him about wanting to be his mate and looking forward to lending a hand and told him I supported Arsenal, that I didn't have to travel too far to come see him. I think we clicked okay, but because his speech is limited to 'yes' and 'no' I couldn't really gauge any kind of opinion. Hopefully, he liked me and we'll be able to build a relationship, but all I can do is wait and see.

Good stuff the bold James!

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 3:46 pm

Πανδώρα -

yep. Quail is definately broken
Get pete to knock her on the head when he comes round...
Poor wee black beak...

Now... Should i or shouldn't i eat it? >_>
*burp*

Vel

| 23,203 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 6:21 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I feel just so bloody f*cking fed up.

I REALLY need a new (full-time) job, preferably out of Manchester. But then we're out of here by June anyhow, so that gives me 2 months or so to find a job, find a place to live, move.

Good god. It all comes at once, doesn't it?
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 6:53 pm

River Phoenix

yep. Quail is definately broken
Get pete to knock her on the head when he comes round...
Poor wee black beak...

Now... Should i or shouldn't i eat it? >_>

i'd say shouldn't.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 8:07 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

What the hell has happened to Darren?
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 10:47 pm

Πανδώρα -

i have a plan...

it's a disgusting plan, but a plan none the less...

for every mouse the snake wastes, i will rip it's head off, clean it up & sell the skulls on ebay... if i start them at 99p, i've got my money back for them straight up and some idiot's bound to buy 'em
*burp*

Vel

| 23,203 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 11:10 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

i have a plan...

it's a disgusting plan, but a plan none the less...

for every mouse the snake wastes, i will rip it's head off, clean it up & sell the skulls on ebay... if i start them at 99p, i've got my money back for them straight up and some idiot's bound to buy 'em

Take up taxidermy or just glue the skull to a brooch pin. People buy that sh*t.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 11:25 pm

Πανδώρα -

I've already done one, they're not hard to do either

mistake i made was soaking the first one in virkon S & it turned pink, so... so long as i don't t that it should be easy enough

just getting people to buy them

damn picky snake...
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 11:26 pm

Πανδώρα -

doing a full skeleton would be awesome, but difficult...

maybe in the summer...
*burp*

Paula

| 4,556 posts

26th Mar 2010 at 11:29 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

I've seen half a teaspoon on sale for £50. If people will buy that I think a pink mouse skull will sell

I think about selling my jewelry on ebay sometimes, but I don't really make enough to make it worth my while

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: