Maybe if he sees you out with really hot guys, he'll get jealous
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

7th May 2010 at 1:26 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: Paula, May 2010
I've taken to telling him off and punching him in the arm (in a playful way, not a violent one. Although now that I think about it this could have been a stupid mistake on my part)

Yup, they're properly flirty actions. Push 'n' pull.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

16th May 2010 at 2:23 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Going out with lady face Wednesday, which could be the day before my disciplinary at work where I'll possibly be losing me job. I figure this week's gonna be a big one whatever happens; I need luck.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Vel

| 23,203 posts

17th May 2010 at 9:26 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Why are you being disciplined?

Good luck, in both accounts.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

History For Sale

| 6,560 posts

17th May 2010 at 10:02 am

Now our history is for sale....

Quote: Lady Heather, May 2010

Maybe the cleaner found him with the hoover?

Naw seriously good luck wi that. I hate disciplinaries.

The chick sounds interested. Just ask her frankly
I only want you to see
My favourite part of me
And not my ugly side
Not my ugly side

[http://furcadia.com/banners/images/DownloadB2.gif]

Topper

| 6,773 posts

17th May 2010 at 1:36 pm

Quote: History For Sale, May 2010

Not that much really, all I've done is when someone has came through looking to add the breakdown cover onto their car insurance I've checked their car insurance policy for out-of-date information (like occupation etc) so if there are any changes to update the addition of the breakdown counts as a cross sale rather than just a normal breakdown sale. I haven't screwed the customer over, haven't got any more bonus or anything like that and the only advantage I've had is that it's helped me hit one slightly more focused target (cross sales) rather than a less heavily focused target (breakdown). Loads of people do it and I had absolutely no idea it was a big deal but it is, clearly.

I'm not too sure what to do with the girl though as I've already told her how I feel and nothing has happened, she hasn't told me either way how she feels and frankly, it's starting to p*ss me off. We've even been out since and kissed again but still no sign either way. Is it me or is that a bit unfair on me? I mean, what else can I do, I've manned up and told her how I feel, surely the ball's in her court?!

This could be a really sh*t week.

I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

17th May 2010 at 1:42 pm

Animal -

Quote: Abacus, May 2010
Quote: History For Sale, May 2010

Not that much really, all I've done is when someone has came through looking to add the breakdown cover onto their car insurance I've checked their car insurance policy for out-of-date information (like occupation etc) so if there are any changes to update the addition of the breakdown counts as a cross sale rather than just a normal breakdown sale. I haven't screwed the customer over, haven't got any more bonus or anything like that and the only advantage I've had is that it's helped me hit one slightly more focused target (cross sales) rather than a less heavily focused target (breakdown). Loads of people do it and I had absolutely no idea it was a big deal but it is, clearly.
Where I come from that's caled doing your job properly. At the end of the day if the customer has update any info then its to both the customers and your employers benefit to make sure it is updated.

Quote:

I'm not too sure what to do with the girl though as I've already told her how I feel and nothing has happened, she hasn't told me either way how she feels and frankly, it's starting to p*ss me off. We've even been out since and kissed again but still no sign either way. Is it me or is that a bit unfair on me? I mean, what else can I do, I've manned up and told her how I feel, surely the ball's in her court?!
She could be playing hard to get? Or perhaps just not fully sure what she wants yet. I know with myself, I tend to take my time about these things before rushing headlong into a relationship.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Topper

| 6,773 posts

17th May 2010 at 1:50 pm

Re: my job - The problem is I haven't followed the correct procedure and ultimately they've got me by the knackers, however unfair it is. My only hope is their mercy and I get a warning and get put on some sort of 12 month disciplinary contract. I feel like walking out anyway as I'm one of the best reps there, 3 years of immaculate service clearly counts for nothing.

Re: the girl - Hopefully that's the case. To link the two together: weirdly, if I do lose my job I probably stand a much better chance with her as she had a disastrous 1 year relationship with this div at work and I think a major problem is the fact we work together and doesn't want to go through that again.
Sorry to lower the tone by the way, but oh my God, if I get into a situation where I'm going to have to have sex with this girl I think I might need some outside assistance; it's been 8 months and I'm fit to burst, plus she's literally fit as feck and ticks all my boxes on a staggering level. I might have to do a 'There's Something About Mary' beforehand tbqpfh.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

17th May 2010 at 9:19 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Re: my job - The problem is I haven't followed the correct procedure and ultimately they've got me by the knackers, however unfair it is. My only hope is their mercy and I get a warning and get put on some sort of 12 month disciplinary contract. I feel like walking out anyway as I'm one of the best reps there, 3 years of immaculate service clearly counts for nothing.

Re: the girl - Hopefully that's the case. To link the two together: weirdly, if I do lose my job I probably stand a much better chance with her as she had a disastrous 1 year relationship with this div at work and I think a major problem is the fact we work together and doesn't want to go through that again.
Sorry to lower the tone by the way, but oh my God, if I get into a situation where I'm going to have to have sex with this girl I think I might need some outside assistance; it's been 8 months and I'm fit to burst, plus she's literally fit as feck and ticks all my boxes on a staggering level. I might have to do a 'There's Something About Mary' beforehand tbqpfh.

Nah, ask Joel. He's got a bigger... record
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Animal

| 32,547 posts

17th May 2010 at 9:21 pm

Animal -

In terms of not having had sex?

I think I could probably out do him.

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Vel

| 23,203 posts

17th May 2010 at 9:22 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Yes, but he actually remembers what it is
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Animal

| 32,547 posts

17th May 2010 at 9:43 pm

Animal -

You do make a damned good point...

Oh, wait, that shouldn't be funny should it.

Cycling Antics

Paula

| 4,556 posts

17th May 2010 at 9:48 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

Quote: Darren, May 2010

Oh, wait, that shouldn't be funny should it.

I'd offer hugs and sympathy but I'm a little scared of the more dirty minded people here

Animal

| 32,547 posts

17th May 2010 at 9:49 pm

Animal -

I'd be more worried about Alice using it as another sign to try to marry us off.

Cycling Antics

Claire

| 15,814 posts

17th May 2010 at 9:49 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

That's call centres. Although every time I ring my insurer, they ask update questions, so I can't see how it's of any detriment to the customer or the company unless they end up being charged more than they were. I hope you'll be ok, Alex.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

17th May 2010 at 10:00 pm

Animal -

As Claire said, thats call centres.

Although I shouldn't since it'll take at least 12 months for them to fire me for f*cking up due to the review system we have, I live in fear of being fired. Thing is, I'm one of the best workers they have, good notes, good call stats and all the rest. My manager struggles to fault me come review time. But i know if I f*ck up, it'll all count for sh*t due to the nature of the beast.

At least you have the fact that at the worse they can put you on a disciplinary, rather than out and out firing you. Its one thing I love about your average call centre, they are sticklers for employment law.

I can only really think of two or three scenarios that would get anyone fired right away, usually involving theft, be it of good or information, gross misconduct or something similarly bad.

Cycling Antics

Topper

| 6,773 posts

20th May 2010 at 10:12 am

Soooo, went out with the girl again last night, went to a few pubs and then this indie club and by the time we got to the club we were extremely touchy feely; kissing, hugging etc and we basically would've looked like a couple to any outsider. She then wanted to go as she was feeling a bit worse for wear. We went outside and sat in a bus stop where she basically was just holding my hands and snuggling with me and I just couldn't stand it any longer; she knows how I feel, she knows what I want and she's still like that with me all night without talking to me about what she wants or commiting to giving it a go. I just loudly went "what the f*ck is this all about? This is f*cked!". I then had a moan, problem being I didn't say the things I wanted properly (I was quite drunk) for about 5 minutes but she just refused to talk to me about it, she just went silent until exclaiming she wanted to get her taxi and then we parted ways without her even saying goodbye properly.
I'm fed up with her, she's being really unfair. If you don't like me, or you don't know how you feel then please don't be like you were last night as, weirdly, I might jump to the conclusion you do like me and want something to happen. She even asked me at one point if if I did have a girlfriend who lived where she does (other end of Birmingham to me, basically) and I was moving in with her would I be prepared to move over by her or insist on her moving by me. I mean, wtf!? Say that sort of thing to a guy you know wants to be with you and he's going to think things. F*ck off.

And relax.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

20th May 2010 at 11:39 pm

Nah, ask Joel. He's got a bigger... record

Not any more. BAM!
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

20th May 2010 at 11:43 pm

Soooo, went out with the girl again last night, went to a few pubs and then this indie club and by the time we got to the club we were extremely touchy feely; kissing, hugging etc and we basically would've looked like a couple to any outsider. She then wanted to go as she was feeling a bit worse for wear. We went outside and sat in a bus stop where she basically was just holding my hands and snuggling with me and I just couldn't stand it any longer; she knows how I feel, she knows what I want and she's still like that with me all night without talking to me about what she wants or commiting to giving it a go. I just loudly went "what the f*ck is this all about? This is f*cked!". I then had a moan, problem being I didn't say the things I wanted properly (I was quite drunk) for about 5 minutes but she just refused to talk to me about it, she just went silent until exclaiming she wanted to get her taxi and then we parted ways without her even saying goodbye properly.
I'm fed up with her, she's being really unfair. If you don't like me, or you don't know how you feel then please don't be like you were last night as, weirdly, I might jump to the conclusion you do like me and want something to happen. She even asked me at one point if if I did have a girlfriend who lived where she does (other end of Birmingham to me, basically) and I was moving in with her would I be prepared to move over by her or insist on her moving by me. I mean, wtf!? Say that sort of thing to a guy you know wants to be with you and he's going to think things. F*ck off.

And relax.

Excuse me for being blunt, but...

JESUS CHRIST, stop overthinking things. If youre out like this youre a de facto couple, so forget whatever facebook says and just freaking take her home and do obscene things to her! Talking is vastly overrated and solves nothing. That's generally a good way to clear the air too, so whatever happens after that, happens. Just stop thinking so much.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

21st May 2010 at 11:30 am

Look at you, get your end away and you're freakin' Stifler!

You're right, of course, well, about the over-thinking bit, but I can't help it, Joel!

I've apologised for being cranky with her and we're on good, normal terms again, anyway.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

21st May 2010 at 5:13 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

I'd just like to say that Joel was absolutely bang on there.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

21st May 2010 at 5:23 pm

Look at you, get your end away and you're freakin' Stifler!

You're right, of course, well, about the over-thinking bit, but I can't help it, Joel!

I've apologised for being cranky with her and we're on good, normal terms again, anyway.

Ok, now for the sober, more measured version.

From the sounds of it, you're pretty much a couple anyway, in that you go out together and when you do stuff happens. So why not be happy with that? Why do you need it to be 'official' ('facebook official' is my favourite term, which is kinda what I meant last night ie you're only a couple when facebook says so). It's not going to affect how you act together, is it? Just start asking her to do non-drinking stuff or whatever, and see if she'll kiss you then or summat. Then if you really have to, do the facebook request

wombat

| 8,154 posts

21st May 2010 at 5:28 pm

Technically sexy.

My favourite bit of Joel's advice was 'Talking is vastly overrated and solves nothing.'

so achingly true.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

21st May 2010 at 6:13 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

I agree with what Joel's said. If you're all snuggly and kissing and all that relationshippy b*ll*cks, you have a relationship. So what if it's not conventional? Some of the strongest relationships I know of have started out this way, and are strong because you get to know the person first rather than calling it official straight away and ending up failing. If it's the sex you want, just say "Look, I want to do you so bend the f*ck over, b*tch". Always works*.

*Never, ever works.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

22nd May 2010 at 11:12 am

I honestly never looked at it from that angle but you're all right, particularly about the talking bit, I need to loosen up a bit...

Vel

| 23,203 posts

22nd May 2010 at 11:56 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I honestly never looked at it from that angle but you're all right, particularly about the talking bit, I need to loosen up a bit...

You're that horny and haven't looked at her bent over?!
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Topper

| 6,773 posts

31st May 2010 at 2:37 pm

Went on a date last night and have another couple this week. If I'm technically single then why not? I still want girl from work but see no harm in dating, I'll be completely honest and open with the other girls and lead nobody on but I like the American style system of dating and meeting new girls; there's no obligation, if you get on then greta, if not, nobody's hurt.
The date last night was goodish, she was a really nice girl but I found out she's a Quaker and she made me pay for everything, which I have a problem with tbh. I would've offered but she actually said I should pay! I found that a bit rude! I'm no skint-flint but I may be unemployed this time next week!

Vel

| 23,203 posts

31st May 2010 at 2:38 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

What exactly does a Quaker do?

Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Topper

| 6,773 posts

31st May 2010 at 2:42 pm

I don't know, I switched off for large periods of the conversation, mainly due to the fact there was a black midget in the restaraunt. I think it's a fairly liberal hippy-ish Christian sub-section but I really couldn't say, it's not really a problem tbh, she was a really nice girl.

edit - Having looked at it a bit more it looks quite an accepting liberal form of Christian belief tbh, but my ignorance on matters of religion is beyond doubt

Edited by Topper May 2010

Alec

| 1,347 posts

31st May 2010 at 3:13 pm

Alec - Bing Bong Changes

Bing Bong Changes

What exactly does a Quaker do?

Make a surprisingly tasty oat cereal.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

31st May 2010 at 3:19 pm

Technically sexy.

they sit about in circles and speak when god moves them to, is my understanding.

They also used to be massive, murdering b*st*rds.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

31st May 2010 at 3:41 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I don't know, I switched off for large periods of the conversation, mainly due to the fact there was a black midget in the restaraunt. I think it's a fairly liberal hippy-ish Christian sub-section but I really couldn't say, it's not really a problem tbh, she was a really nice girl.

edit - Having looked at it a bit more it looks quite an accepting liberal form of Christian belief tbh, but my ignorance on matters of religion is beyond doubt

I don't see why that would make you have to pay
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

31st May 2010 at 3:45 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Went on a date last night and have another couple this week. If I'm technically single then why not? I still want girl from work but see no harm in dating, I'll be completely honest and open with the other girls and lead nobody on but I like the American style system of dating and meeting new girls; there's no obligation, if you get on then greta, if not, nobody's hurt.
The date last night was goodish, she was a really nice girl but I found out she's a Quaker and she made me pay for everything, which I have a problem with tbh. I would've offered but she actually said I should pay! I found that a bit rude! I'm no skint-flint but I may be unemployed this time next week!

I'd have told her to f*ck off the mooching b*tch moocher.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

31st May 2010 at 3:53 pm

It was in no way related to her Quaker...ism, she was just a mooching b*tch like what Phil did say. She was also 30 minutes late. On reflection, she isn't getting a second date.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

31st May 2010 at 3:59 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

It was in no way related to her Quaker...ism, she was just a mooching b*tch like what Phil did say. She was also 30 minutes late. On reflection, she isn't getting a second date.

Is she a war widow? They're well known for mooching.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

31st May 2010 at 4:04 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Black midget? i didn't realise that Alex was prejudiced against short black people.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Topper

| 6,773 posts

31st May 2010 at 4:08 pm

Quote: Rayanne Graff, May 2010

Black midget? i didn't realise that Alex was prejudiced against short black people.

Oh yes, I have a website and everything.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

31st May 2010 at 5:21 pm

learrggh -

yeah, strongly disagree with how dating etiquette calls for girls to be scrounging hoes. also disagree with how frequently men 'insist'.

spending money on someone means nothing and shouldn't have anything to do with a 'date'.

for me it's halves or fo, i'm not gonna be paid for.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

31st May 2010 at 5:47 pm

Animal -

As mentioned a few people I know are trying to set me up with people. One of which is too perfect for things to work out well.

We shall see however. At the worse I have a new friend to harrass.

Cycling Antics

Animal

| 32,547 posts

31st May 2010 at 6:09 pm

Animal -

Quote: pedobear, May 2010
yeah, strongly disagree with how dating etiquette calls for girls to be scrounging hoes. also disagree with how frequently men 'insist'.

spending money on someone means nothing and shouldn't have anything to do with a 'date'.

for me it's halves or fo, i'm not gonna be paid for.
I'll always offer, since it's the done/chivalrous/gentlmanly/insert favoroute word for
this here, thing. But to be honest my general take is that the bill Is split 50/50. Though I'm happy to pay if the offer is taken.

The way I've usuallyworked it with girls I've been involved with is we have an unspoken agreement where if one of us does foot the bill on our own, the other makes up for it in the future in some shape or form be it paying for the next outing or other ways.

What really threw me was when I went out for a meal with Katie for her birthday. I was insistant on paying. It's the girls birthday she shouldn't have to spend a thing. She just flat out refused point blank. Apparently preferring to keep things pretty footloose even when out for birthday eating.

Cycling Antics

Topper

| 6,773 posts

2nd Jun 2010 at 9:37 pm

Had date with 2nd girl today and it was better in some ways but worse in others. Better as she was easier to get along with after I came to terms with her direct, bordering on rude, personality - "I don't like your shirt" but worse as there was no attraction, which was exacerbated by her smoking every 10 minutes. Smoking is a real turn off for me. We fed the ducks and then sat down by the canal and I think I was expected to kiss her but just didn't really want to, so I didn't.

Paula

| 4,556 posts

2nd Jun 2010 at 10:34 pm

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

I've kissed a smoker before, once moments after he'd finished a cigarette (I didn't know at the time). It was not a pleasant experience.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

2nd Jun 2010 at 10:54 pm

I've kissed someone with a cigarette in my mouth before

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

2nd Jun 2010 at 11:12 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

I turned down Emma Watson because she smoked.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

2nd Jun 2010 at 11:51 pm

Outside-left

Quote: LoonyPandora, Jun 2010

Ye what?

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

3rd Jun 2010 at 8:01 pm

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

Quote: wombat, May 2010
they sit about in circles and speak when god moves them to, is my understanding.

Those well known pacifists, aka, the religious society of friends?

I don't know what group you're thinking of but it's definitely not Quakers.
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

3rd Jun 2010 at 8:17 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Albert Johanneson, Jun 2010

Ye what?

Have I not told you my Emma Watson story? I'm surprised, it's one of my 10 interesting stories that I constantly repeat...

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

3rd Jun 2010 at 10:24 pm

Outside-left

Ye what?

Have I not told you my Emma Watson story? I'm surprised, it's one of my 10 interesting stories that I constantly repeat...

Never heard it.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

4th Jun 2010 at 12:45 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Ye what?

Hasn't it gone up to 12 now? Or have you relegated some, like the anal beads one?
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

wombat

| 8,154 posts

4th Jun 2010 at 10:13 am

Technically sexy.

Quote: Mancomb Seepgood, Jun 2010
Quote: wombat, May 2010

Those well known pacifists, aka, the religious society of friends?

I don't know what group you're thinking of but it's definitely not Quakers.

I checked and you are absolutely correct, they have not been known to murder, though they did suffer persecution- but that's not what I said or even believed until just now. My mistake, thanks Tom.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: