Things That Make You Want to Flip Out Like a Ninja, and Kill Everyone.

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Πανδώρα

| 15,316 posts

18th Nov 2009 at 8:08 pm

Πανδώρα -

yeah. after setting up fayes new laptop today, the whole 3 minute black screen wait after the welcome screen for the desktop to show up is a goddamn HP thing

so is the debarcle with flash player features not working, crashing & a host of other b*ll*cks.

p*sstake. proper p*sstake.
*burp*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th Nov 2009 at 10:21 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

BLATANT handball by Henry might knock Ireland out of the World Cup. Why, in this day and age, can we not get video replays to the refs to help them make the right decision. I don't blame the ref, he's done a good job tonight, and the area was pretty crowded so the linesmen could barely see it too. But the cameras CLEARLY show that not only did the ball hit Henry's arm, he then used his arm to hit the ball again and keep it in play.

Why can they not implement this? They use it in rugby and it works f*cking wonders. It is completely logical.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th Nov 2009 at 10:43 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Tallahassee, Nov 2009
Quote: Barry Duffman, Nov 2009
BLATANT handball by Henry might knock Ireland out of the World Cup. Why, in this day and age, can we not get video replays to the refs to help them make the right decision. I don't blame the ref, he's done a good job tonight, and the area was pretty crowded so the linesmen could barely see it too. But the cameras CLEARLY show that not only did the ball hit Henry's arm, he then used his arm to hit the ball again and keep it in play.

Why can they not implement this? They use it in rugby and it works f*cking wonders. It is completely logical.

Well, unfortunately, this isn't going to be the situation that convinces Michel Platini is it?

But what will? This is the point. It shouldn't take something like this to have a video ref brought in. Its logical to ensure a fair game, the same way that there are linesmen and its not just one referee guessing the whole time. In this case, the box was packed so the officials could barely see anything, and thats where the most diligence needs to be paid.

I know its part of the game and all that, but why does it have to be? In this day and age, especially when its done in sports like rugby, there is no reason why it shouldn't be implemented
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

19th Nov 2009 at 3:06 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

Quote: I.R. baboon, Nov 2009
yeah. after setting up fayes new laptop today, the whole 3 minute black screen wait after the welcome screen for the desktop to show up is a goddamn HP thing

so is the debarcle with flash player features not working, crashing & a host of other b*ll*cks.

p*sstake. proper p*sstake.

Is it really a good idea for you to set up someone's IT, given your track record with electrical equipment that goes horribly wrong? I could pull a record of posts to illustrate, but I'm in a polite mood.

Πανδώρα

| 15,316 posts

19th Nov 2009 at 10:52 am

Πανδώρα -

yeeeaaaahhh... i am actually capable with some sh*t ty

and even if this was vaio country 3 years ago, i'd still do a better job of it than she would

when exactly, have i not ended up with something that i've not been able to sort out, or have sorted out so it's in at least a usable state?

meh. i either slept through my alarm or it didn't go off.
and it's windy. bikes gonna blow away like a really light thing in some wind
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 75,117 posts

19th Nov 2009 at 3:11 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i just had some veggie sausages and beans. There was more bean juice than beans, hmph. F you, Sainsbury's.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

19th Nov 2009 at 4:03 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

and even if this was vaio country 3 years ago, i'd still do a better job of it than she would

when exactly, have i not ended up with something that i've not been able to sort out, or have sorted out so it's in at least a usable state?

I don't know exactly, but stuff kept breaking a lot. Either that or I've read the same three posts an ungodly number of times.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

19th Nov 2009 at 5:36 pm

learrggh -

Quote: Howard Hughes, Nov 2009

I don't know exactly, but stuff kept breaking a lot. Either that or I've read the same three posts an ungodly number of times.

it's her phone that keeps breaking, and that's cos it's a piece of sh*t, not her fault.

Vel: I'm in!!
Πανδώρα: Beep beep. Its Tuesday.
Πανδώρα: It might be Wednesday by now. Not sure.
EvilTongs: It's definitely a day of some sort
Dinglebutt: Wednesday.... *takes long drag of cigarette*.... Now that's a name I've not heard in many a year.....
Claire: Pals and pals, it is FNSIC again tomorrow, please let me know if you need the details.
Πανδώρα: Testicle.
Claire: Hi guys, I’m Tess Ticle and welcome to my TED talk
Lucozade Lover: Activity in 2020? Hooray, nice to see VR life.
Claire: I’d not go that far...a lovely lovely zombie perhaps
EvilTongs: It was bizarre how a group of us spontaneously returned when the pandemic stuff kicked off.
Vel: Bizarre or playing the long game? Hmmm, Mr Tongs?
Bellatrixa: I'm just here to reset my password and go about my business, trying not to cringe too much at how I was affected by the abusive f*ckwit I was living with towards the end of my time on this site.
Πανδώρα: AAAARRRGHHH. That is all.
Claire: Lisa I love Lisa, kindest regards to Lisaaaaa
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Eating Jaffa Cakes thinking about WLW...
Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.

Page: