Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Sept 2009 at 9:45 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Das Buroski, Sept 2009
Deadwood is supposed to be supoib.

all 3 seasons of Deadwood were delivered to my house yesterday. Might crack into it. Didn't expect them so soon
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

16th Sept 2009 at 6:41 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Annie, Sept 2009
Last night I found myself watching something called Rupaul's Drag Race. IT WAS THE GAYEST THING OF ALL TIME.

As you'd expect from the title.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

16th Nov 2009 at 4:49 pm

I aim to misbehave

Modern Family.

Don't know what station this is on, but after just 2 episodes, I think this is a brilliant show. Really funny. Has Al Bundy in it. Has hot Colombian woman in it. THATS THE HOLY TRINITY PEOPLE!

Topper

| 6,773 posts

17th Nov 2009 at 6:09 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

I've got massively back into South Park the last couple of months but haven't seen any of season 13 as yet, how is the latest season?
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

17th Nov 2009 at 10:00 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Abacus, Nov 2009
I've got massively back into South Park the last couple of months but haven't seen any of season 13 as yet, how is the latest season?

The "Fishsticks" episode is great. One of the best I've seen in the past few seasons

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

17th Nov 2009 at 11:54 pm

Up and down, but when it's on an up it's AMAZING. Check out Whale Wh*res and Dead Celebrities in addition to Fishsticks.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Topper

| 6,773 posts

18th Nov 2009 at 7:08 pm

Also, now I've seen the Cartoon Wars episodes I can't enjoy Family Guy anymore It's a hollow, empty laugh when I do, too.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th Nov 2009 at 8:13 pm

I aim to misbehave

Also, now I've seen the Cartoon Wars episodes I can't enjoy Family Guy anymore It's a hollow, empty laugh when I do, too.

I think someone reviewing the new Family Guy Season 8 dvd even made reference to the "manitee joke" cutaways

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

20th Nov 2009 at 11:50 am

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

Quote: Barry Duffman, Nov 2009
Modern Family.

Don't know what station this is on, but after just 2 episodes, I think this is a brilliant show. Really funny. Has Al Bundy in it. Has hot Colombian woman in it. THATS THE HOLY TRINITY PEOPLE!

It is very funny and the Colombian woman is very hot. I find it hard to watch though as it doesn't seem to know what it is. It sets itself up as a docusoap type thing like The Office or Operation Good Guys with the talking heads to camera. Yet there is absolutely no reference to camera in any of the narrative scenes, and most of these end up as highly improbable and annoying in the show's proposed context due to impossible camera angles or timing, knocking any impact the idea of 'realism' may have on its humour. It'd be great if they could sort it out one way or the other, rather than straddle the line of Arrested Development and The Office as it does.

For a similar (and more well executed) show, I'd suggest Parks and Recreation. Made by the people behind the US Office and has the amazingly attractice Amy Poehler, which is always good. All about a big hole in a street and brilliant.
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

20th Nov 2009 at 11:57 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Mancomb Seepgood, Nov 2009
Quote: Barry Duffman, Nov 2009
Modern Family.

It is very funny and the Colombian woman is very hot. I find it hard to watch though as it doesn't seem to know what it is. It sets itself up as a docusoap type thing like The Office or Operation Good Guys with the talking heads to camera. Yet there is absolutely no reference to camera in any of the narrative scenes, and most of these end up as highly improbable and annoying in the show's proposed context due to impossible camera angles or timing, knocking any impact the idea of 'realism' may have on its humour. It'd be great if they could sort it out one way or the other, rather than straddle the line of Arrested Development and The Office as it does.

For a similar (and more well executed) show, I'd suggest Parks and Recreation. Made by the people behind the US Office and has the amazingly attractice Amy Poehler, which is always good. All about a big hole in a street and brilliant.

I know what you mean about the documentary-type thing, which is confusing. At first I took it to be sort of an insight into what the characters are thinking rather than them being interviewed on camera, but then you get 2 people talking to the camera at the same time, so I don't know.

I've heard of Parks and Recreation alright, never got round to watching it. I do love Amy Poehler though. I was just worried it was going to be a big rip-off of The Office I guess. Dunno, might try catch a few episodes alright.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

20th Nov 2009 at 1:53 pm

I aim to misbehave

I've never even heard of it, but I might check it out

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

20th Nov 2009 at 6:13 pm

Operation Good Guys was immense. Although I think People Like Us (with Chris Langham) better fits the description of 'The Office before The Office'

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

24th Feb 2010 at 11:20 pm

I aim to misbehave

Just finished the first season of Sons of Anarchy. Really great show. A show about an American Motorcycle club. I know the second season has already finished, but I might wait for it to come out on dvd. But I'd heartily recommend this. Not really the same sort of show as The Wire. Even though I haven't watched The Shield, I have a feeling this would be more similar to it.

My current plan is this:

Mad Men
The Corner
Generation Kill
The Shield
Operation Good Guys

Mixed in between all of them will be episodes of Extras, Whose Line Is It Anyway and random other stuff

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

24th Feb 2010 at 11:31 pm

Delirium Tremens -

30 Rock. You'd like it a lot. Check out a few episodes online when you're supposed to be working.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

24th Feb 2010 at 11:36 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Sam Hall, Feb 2010
30 Rock. You'd like it a lot. Check out a few episodes online when you're supposed to be working.

I've watched the first few episodes but never really got into it. I'll probably give it another spin at some point but as far as I'm concerned, it had it's chance. Now it must wait for another opening

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

24th Feb 2010 at 11:38 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

... in the pants department.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

24th Feb 2010 at 11:39 pm

Grog me.

The Storyville's on iPlayer at the moment are all particularly great. The 'Zachary' one is the documentary equivalent of being bricked in the face.
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

25th Feb 2010 at 11:33 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Mancomb Seepgood, Feb 2010
The Storyville's on iPlayer at the moment are all particularly great. The 'Zachary' one is the documentary equivalent of being bricked in the face.

No have iPlayer in iReland

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

25th Feb 2010 at 2:39 pm

Jewbacca -

I like TV it's good.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Topper

| 6,773 posts

28th Feb 2010 at 7:14 pm

Arrested Development, I hear it's good, what do people think?

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

28th Feb 2010 at 7:36 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Abacus, Feb 2010

I love it. Really well written, some genius parts, comic timing is brilliant. I say give it a try

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

28th Feb 2010 at 7:42 pm

Delirium Tremens -

I'm not sure if I've barked up the 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' tree enough in this thread.

It's very, very, very good.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

28th Feb 2010 at 9:03 pm

Jewbacca -

Quote: Sam Hall, Feb 2010
I'm not sure if I've barked up the 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' tree enough in this thread.

It's very, very, very good.

It was one of the most underrated shows I'd seen even before Danny Devito came into it and made it ten times more hilarious.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

1st Mar 2010 at 8:33 pm

Grog me.

I've spent the past week watching Sean's Show. Almightily recommended.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

2nd Mar 2010 at 6:37 pm

Quite probably the best American sitcom ever made (although 30 Rock could run it close). I reckon you'd like it, your sense of humour's quite similar to mine.

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

2nd Mar 2010 at 7:23 pm

Grog me.

Properly thought you were joking there in an 'Oh, I've obviously seen this, ha ha!' way. But yes, watch it. A flawless television show. Perfect from the very first exchange of dialogue, to its sad, but inevitable demise. My excitement for the film burns my insides sometimes.

Also, may I recommend in a general way, even though it's not television, The Mark Steel Lectures on iPlayer. Irish people can download them too.

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

8th Mar 2010 at 9:04 pm

Grog me.

Wonders of the Solar System is pretty wonderful in a proper BBC public service way. Mainly cos of Prof Brian Cox (the keyboardist from D:Ream, not the Scottish actor one) and his brilliant, infectious enthusiasm for it all. Even if the first episode doesn't teach you anymore than 5th/6th year (or whatever insane nonsense you English have) physics or in Cosmos.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

8th Mar 2010 at 10:25 pm

I aim to misbehave

So I gave 30Rock another try. Up to about the tenth episode of Season 2. It's alright, but it still hasn't grabbed me. I think most of the really funny stuff is few and far between. There are some really funny moments (mostly Kenneth), but it's not enough. I don't really like any of the characters and most of the stories aremflimsy and too easy to see through

Tina Fey is hot though.

PsyPo

| 2,175 posts

10th Mar 2010 at 10:29 am

PsyPo - The original potato.

The original potato.

Newswipe with Charlie Brooker.

I know it's been on already on BBC Four, but no harm in watching it again. It's worth another look, unlike most of the dross that's on at the moment. It's on BBC2 now.

I liked the Doug Stanhope sections particularly.
Follow me on Twitter: @DJKrisopolis
Follow me on Twister: Right Hand Green!

http://thekettlereview.blogspot.co.uk/
http://52876.bandcamp.com/

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Mar 2010 at 12:52 pm

I aim to misbehave

Took a gamble and ordered Seasons 1-6 of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Also ordered a student cookbook, but that has no relevance on this thread.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Mar 2010 at 12:55 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Frank Sobotka, Mar 2010
Quote: Tig Trager, Mar 2010
Took a gamble and ordered Seasons 1-6 of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Also ordered a student cookbook, but that has no relevance on this thread.

There is no gamble there.

Yes there is. I have no money in my account.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Mar 2010 at 2:02 pm

I aim to misbehave

There is no gamble there.

Yes there is. I have no money in my account.

I thought you were gambling on whether or not you'd like Curb. You will.

I was. I probably will like it, but I took my usual gamble of buying the entire collection of a programme I barely know anything about, rather than sampling the goods first. Did the same with The Wire, Sopranos, Oz, The Shield, Mad Men, Deadwood and probably a few others I've forgotten.

PsyPo

| 2,175 posts

10th Mar 2010 at 3:04 pm

PsyPo - The original potato.

The original potato.

Quote: Psychic Potato, Mar 2010
I liked the Doug Stanhope sections particularly.

I don't understand why people like him.

To be honest, I didn't at first. He seemed to have one of those weird, nega-satirical streaks which I wasn't originally keen on. His "no-sh*t" attitude seemed to grow on me as the series went on, and it made for a good feature. I wouldn't fancy watching a whole routine with him, though.
Follow me on Twitter: @DJKrisopolis
Follow me on Twister: Right Hand Green!

http://thekettlereview.blogspot.co.uk/
http://52876.bandcamp.com/

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

10th Mar 2010 at 8:15 pm

Grog me.

Quote: Mancomb Seepgood, Mar 2010

Also, may I recommend in a general way, even though it's not television, The Mark Steel Lectures on iPlayer. Irish people can download them too.

This week's episode is about the greatest human being to have ever lived. Probably.

IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...
Πανδώρα: MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Page: