Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

30th Nov 2011 at 10:55 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: the doc, Nov 2011
F*cking hell Baz

Cheers lad. Unfortunately, now comes the difficult second album of another 50lb.

Don't care though. Not even going to have a cheat day to celebrate this. This is the last time I'll ever weigh this much
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Dec 2011 at 8:46 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Gob, Dec 2011
Quote: Barry Grinch, Nov 2011
Quote: the doc, Nov 2011
F*cking hell Baz

Don't care though. Not even going to have a cheat day to celebrate this. This is the last time I'll ever weigh this much

But what if you win the lottery and make yourself the biggest man in the world and covered in gold?

[http://deadhomersociety.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/dog-of-death3.png?w=512&h=384]

I'll just rest my stomach on the towel rack.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

5th Dec 2011 at 2:12 pm

I aim to misbehave

Cheers lads, and GO ON THE GEORGE!

Down 52lb now, but concerned that a lot of that may have been muscle loss. I'm still pretty fat, and I almost feel more 'squidgy' and softer now, like a balloon that some air has been let out of. Still the same basic shape, but softer and more jiggly. I know my diet hasn't been perfect (too many carbs) and my exercise has pretty much been all cardio. So since I've passed the 50lb mark, going to have to change things up.

I don't want to have eggs for breakfast (high cholesterol runs in my family. Actually supposed to be on tablets for it but haven't taken them in a while) so I might have to stick with porridge until I can find something else.

Lunch, currently have brown bread turkey & ham or turkey & egg mayo (on gym days) sandwiches. Going to switch to a salad bowl thing of lettuce, slice of ham and chicken tikka or cajun chicken pieces (replacing the carbs with more protein).

Snacks are currently two fat free vanilla yoghurts. Can't really see any need to change this. Can't eat too many nuts or I'll sh*t my guts out. Might try bananas or some other fruit every now and again, but it'll mostly be the yoghurts.

Dinner depends on what Mam makes, but it's usually some meat and spuds. Already cut down amount of potatoes I eat, can't really reduce that any more. Though if she makes chicken curry, I can reduce amount of rice I eat. Gym days I make my own dinner, so that'll probably be where eggs come in. Scrambled or omelette.

Gym - Current routine is pretty much 10mins rowing machine, 15mins cross-trainer, 15mins walking (6km/h) and 10mins cross-trainer (add 5 mins to walking and cross-trainer on weekends as I've more time in the gym). I might actually get the instructor at the gym to do up a programme for me which will be mostly cardio during the week and mostly weights at weekends. Doing weights during the week is just too much of a hassle. Might get her to measure my bodyfat too so I can keep an eye on it, or is there any way I can do that from home.

So that's it basically. As much as I'd like to just keep doing what I was doing, it's not sustainable and even at this weight, I should be thinner than I am now. Haven't been this weight in about 7/8 years, but don't remember being this fat even at that weight, if y'know what I mean.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

8th Dec 2011 at 3:58 pm

I aim to misbehave

Lunch is going alright. Lettuce, chicken tikka, slice of ham and boiled egg. Quite nice (depending on the lettuce).

However, it doesn't have enough calories, and isn't filling enough. So I've just had a banana, even though I haven't eaten bananas in about 15 years and generally don't like any banana-related things. Even banoffi pie, I'll knock the banana away before touching it.

Still don't like bananas. In theory, they're great. Good few calories, quite filling, full of protein and fibre. But they still taste disgusting. Texture-wise, I don't know what the f*cks going on. Smell horrible. Bleurgh

So now I have to try find something else to have with lunch which is healthy and filling, but that I could buy in a petrol station (cos that's where I get my lunch)

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Dec 2011 at 10:16 am

I aim to misbehave

I must have misread, I thought bananas were mostly protein but you're right, Carb City. Probably go for a mix of apples and oranges.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

10th Dec 2011 at 2:47 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Gob, Dec 2011
Quote: Barry Grinch, Dec 2011
I must have misread, I thought bananas were mostly protein but you're right, Carb City. Probably go for a mix of apples and oranges.

I had a banana before!

Doesn't count as eating though, not the way you had it. In fact you burned calories that way.

Your link ain't working neither no how

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

11th Dec 2011 at 12:57 pm

I aim to misbehave

Will do, chap. Cheers

Just back from the gym. Got the trainer there to do a fitness assessment and put me on a new program. However, this yielded both good and bad news.

I weighed myself this morning as I do every Sunday and I weighed 216. Went into the gym and she weighed me and I was 203. After making sure I hadn't lost a limb on my way there, I asked the trainer about it. She said cheap digital scales (which I have) may not be calibrated properly, and since I use it on a timber floor, there's more give in the floor, which is why they measure it on a tiled floor. But she says that since I've always measured it that way, I've probably still lost the same amount of weight, but my current and starting weight would be less.

However, when I came home, I weighed myself on the timber floor and the tiled floor at home, and there was maybe 2lb in the difference, not 13. I think what might have happened is that my big clown feet on the small scales on the gym may have skewed the measurements. Either way, I know how much weight I've lost, I just don't know how much I weigh. If the scales at the gym are correct, chances are I won't be able to lose 100lb because that'd make me too thin. Going to keep going til I hit the sub-goal of 85lb anyway.

In terms of my new program, it's pretty tough, but good. More weights, change up in how I do the cardio. Not too bad. Body fat is pretty high though, so from this point on, even if there's little or no weightloss some weeks, not going to be discouraged as I'm going to assume I've still lost body fat. Got some measurements taken so will keep an eye on that too.

Worst part though, on weekends I tend to wake up, lie in bed for an hour or so and go to the gym. But she gave out to me for not having breakfast. So now I have to have some porridge in the mornings (have it during the week, but tend to skip it at weekends) then go to the gym an hour later. Sucks, but shall be done.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

11th Dec 2011 at 4:42 pm

I aim to misbehave

Nah, I mean if the gym weight was right and I lost 100lb, I'd be about 11.5st, which with me doing more weights now and adding muscle, I don't think I could get down to that without starving myself. My aim was to get to 170lb, which is just over 12st, which if I get body fat down and tone up a bit, should be a nice weight.

I know BMI is bullsh*t, but the general principle behind it is fine. For your height, don't be a fatass.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

19th Dec 2011 at 12:27 pm

I aim to misbehave

One of my goals when I started was 50lb (just over 3.5st) by Christmas. Hit 4st yesterday

New routine in the gym is tough as dry sh*te, but need to make sure I'm only losing fat from now on. Went to buy a t-shirt on Saturday, picked up an XXL. Guy behind the counter said it'd be too big. I said nah, it'll be fine. He unfolded it and said "Honestly mate, I really think this'll be too big", so I said alright, and picked up an XL. Doesn't fit. My belly bulge shows in it. That's something I've noticed buying t-shirts, some XLs are fine, others aren't. I'll stick to the XXLs for another while I think.

So, good news, I look thin. Bad news, I'm not.

Anyway, loads of people are now noticing how much weight I've lost, and being able to say "4st" at Christmas will be awesome. Then going to gorge myself on Christmas dinner to celebrate

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

8th Jan 2012 at 1:56 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

(No, it doesn't sound very healthy. It's a bit pot, kettle of me as well, though as i haven't been eating much recently.)
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

12th Jan 2012 at 2:56 pm

I aim to misbehave

Started back at the gym last Tuesday. Took it handy enough, ease back into it. Wednesday while eating lunch, got a bit of a pain in my tooth. Nothing major. Thursday, gym again. However, when I got on the cross trainer, I could feel a heavy pulsing in my tooth/gum, in line with my heartbeat. For the rest of the evening and all that night, had a pain in my tooth/gum. Slept for maybe an hour that night.

Decided to go to work an hour early so I could leave early and go to the dentist, and I couldn't sleep anyway. Got up, noticed my jaw had swollen up like a f*cker. Tooth abscess. Went to doctor and got painkillers and antibiotics, and going to the dentist this evening as the swellings gone down now.

But this all means that after my 2 weeks off over Christmas, I got 1.5 gym sessions done, and now I'm likely missing another 2 weeks (1 week so far anyway). And since I'm eating with half a mouth, my diet has gone to sh*t too.

This is what always killed me before when I tried losing weight. Do really well for a while, then fall out of my routine and put it all back on again. Can't let that happen again. F*cking won't let that happen again. Never lost this much weight before, and I'm damn skippy not going to put it all back on. If I'm not back in the gym by February 1st, I invite all of you to kick my a*se.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

12th Jan 2012 at 3:05 pm

I aim to misbehave

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/paddyirishman85/doc.jpg]

JUST WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE WAITING FOR?!

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

12th Jan 2012 at 3:07 pm

River Phoenix

Well, i hope you'll be able to continue with the diet/ weight loss thing when you're better. But i'm of course i'm ready to kick your *rse if i have to.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

12th Jan 2012 at 3:13 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: the doc, Jan 2012
Eh?

It's a picture of the Boot from The Simpsons at my end, from that episode where Bart p*sses off the Aussies.........

Some websites don't allow hotlinking (where you copy the url of the image and paste it somewhere else), so they replace the image with something else. It shows up fine for you (something to do with cookies in your cache or something I don't understand), but comes up like that for us.

Nice idea for an image though

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

12th Jan 2012 at 3:14 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: the doc, Jan 2012
Eh?

It's a picture of the Boot from The Simpsons at my end, from that episode where Bart p*sses off the Aussies.........

It's because the site where you got the picture doesn't like people hotlinking, as is evident by the writing under the word penis.

Edit: Baz beat me to it.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

12th Jan 2012 at 3:22 pm

River Phoenix

Well, your picture make me giggle so i s'pose you crack me up as well.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

16th Jan 2012 at 9:53 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Annie, Jan 2012
another weekly weigh-in and I was expecting to have lost another 3 lbs. I've been exercising more and not had any chocolate or crisps, and yet I'm the same weight I was a week ago.

So I had a sulk and ate some chocolate.

How consistently are you weighing yourself?

Choose the same day every week, weigh yourself in the morning after going to the toilet. But either way, don't be disheartened. I remember for 3 weeks in a row, I lost 3lb each week. Then the week after, I barely lost 1lb, even though I hadn't done anything different, and had ate the same and did the same gym work etc. Just gotta keep going.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

20th Feb 2012 at 10:00 am

I aim to misbehave

Better update this:

Tooth pain knocked me out of my routine, which was making it harder for me to get back to the gym. So I posted above, in order to motivate myself to get back to work.

Then before I had the chance, I hurt my back. Don't know how. Don't know what's wrong with it. But it's there and has gotten worse. So I haven't been back to the gym yet.

I was hoping that a week or two of rest would sort my back out, but it's been over a month now and shows no sign of letting up. And due to how busy I've been at work, I haven't had time to go to the doctor about it.

I've booked to see a physio that a friend recommended so hopefully by Wednesday, I'll be sorted, or know how to sort it. My diet took a bit of a tumble for a few weeks but back on track now. I've hit 60lb, but it's a bit of a shallow victory as I should have hit that sh*t weeks ago and be close to 70lb by now. My goal was 100lb by July 1st, which is 19 weeks away. 2lb a week and hopefully 2 or 3 weeks with 3lb loss would still get me to the target, but that's all dependant on what the physio says. Worst case scenario, I put my target back to August 1st and count Jan/Feb to just be one of those sh*tty things that happens. But I'd rather miss another two weeks of the gym than push myself too early and set myself back even further.

One thing's for certain... Last time I ever weigh this much. That's the only thing getting me through it. Every time I lose weight, that becomes the heaviest I'll be until I at least reach my goal. Even though 'one step forward, two steps back' sounds like it'd be great exercise, I ain't going back. Got to move forward, even if it's slowly.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

12th Mar 2012 at 12:48 pm

I aim to misbehave

Alright, here we go again:

Back is still sore. Physio said it was due to bad posture (as I spend most of the day sitting) so been to her twice now and while my back is still a bit sore, she's given me exercises and stretches to do, and how to improve posture. She even actually said that for the type of pain I have, resting my back is probably worse than not doing stuff, so she gave me that all-clear to go back to the gym.

Started back yesterday morning. Tough as f*ck. Been out of the gym for almost two months. And for a month before that I was only half-going due to Christmas, so yesterday morning was a bit of a struggle. Couldn't do half what I used to do. Survived though, and felt kinda good to get back into it. Love the feeling of walking out of the gym.

This week, gonna have to hit the diet hard again. Teeth are pretty much in working order (for now anyway) so no excuses.

Hoping to do a bit of cycling again, if not this weekend then by the end of the month. Plan will hopefully be to gym 3 times a week (Sat/Sun/Thurs) and cycle 3 times a week (Tues/Fri/Sun). Might wait a few weeks before implementing this plan due to daylight/weather.

So all-in-all, 4st7lb down and another 1st8lb to hit my minimum target of 85lb by the first of July. Then try and aim for 100lb loss by the first of September (revised goals due to teeth/back/Christmas).

Oh, and my aunt patted my tummy when commenting on how much weight I lost. I appreciated the sentiment, but a) personal boundaries. Respect them. And b) I'm still flabby, so I still feel fat. When I have a flat stomach, I'll try and signal her that it's okay to pat my belly.

Harold

| 2 posts

27th Mar 2012 at 5:30 am

Quote: Claire, Aug 2008
It's just, because of my illness, it's so much more comfortable to slouch and I'm finding my shoulders are forward a lot and my back isn't straight which is making them hurt. I think if I sat better or walked better I may have less pain. I actually think I'm gonna see about Physio when I see my Consultant, come to think of it, it's hard to get advice from 'normal' people because they can do things I can't

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

27th Mar 2012 at 3:11 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Harold, Mar 2012
Quote: Claire, Aug 2008
It's just, because of my illness, it's so much more comfortable to slouch and I'm finding my shoulders are forward a lot and my back isn't straight which is making them hurt. I think if I sat better or walked better I may have less pain. I actually think I'm gonna see about Physio when I see my Consultant, come to think of it, it's hard to get advice from 'normal' people because they can do things I can't

F*ck you, Harold. You suck.

Anyway, lost 3lb last week. This week... I put on 3lb. It's okay though. Having been out of the gym for 2 months and only properly starting to get back into it now, it's almost surely muscle that I've put on. And putting on muscle now will make it easier to lose fat in the future.

If this weather holds up, might chance cycling tomorry evening. Thursday is dentist, where I'm getting a tooth pulled, so don't know what my gymming will be like this weekend.

Anyway, getting back into a bit of a routine, and back pain does seem to be slowly decreasing as time goes on, so...

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Apr 2012 at 2:12 pm

I aim to misbehave

First cycle of the year this morning. A 12.5km route that used to take me almost an hour (taking into account that I'd have to stop about four or five times for a breather and a drink, and I'd stop at a petrol shop for about 10 minutes to buy another bottle of water and rest for a bit). This morning, did it in just over 40 minutes with only two stops for a drink (as I lack the balance to take a drink while cycling).

Was only when I signed into Runkeeper which I used to use where I saw that last time I cycled it, I was almost 4 stone heavier. No wonder it was easier this morning.

As for weightloss, lost 1lb this week, which is better than nothing. Just need to get back into a routine of eating healthier and keeping a proper food diary.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

1st Apr 2012 at 6:14 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: Penn, Apr 2012
First cycle of the year this morning. A 12.5km route that used to take me almost an hour (taking into account that I'd have to stop about four or five times for a breather and a drink, and I'd stop at a petrol shop for about 10 minutes to buy another bottle of water and rest for a bit). This morning, did it in just over 40 minutes with only two stops for a drink (as I lack the balance to take a drink while cycling).

Was only when I signed into Runkeeper which I used to use where I saw that last time I cycled it, I was almost 4 stone heavier. No wonder it was easier this morning.

As for weightloss, lost 1lb this week, which is better than nothing. Just need to get back into a routine of eating healthier and keeping a proper food diary.

Well done on the almost four stone wight loss.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Apr 2012 at 6:46 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Apr 2012
Quote: Penn, Apr 2012

Well done on the almost four stone wight loss.

Four and a half. Just four since I last cycled. But thanks all the same. Much appreciated

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

1st Apr 2012 at 6:52 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: the doc, Apr 2012
I'm going to choose this point in time to make my annual "I'm going to start running again soon" post.

This is it.

You better. Have to squeeze into that wedding dress (I assume you're both wearing dresses. If not, ignore this post)

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: