Fitness Thread

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

1st Sept 2009 at 12:43 pm

Delirium Tremens -

As I type this, sweat's pouring out of me. I'm ten somethings (I can't believe it's miles, or KM) into a session on the bike. Been on a solid hour, pushing it. Hitting weights after, then sit ups, then walk to streatham job center which is roughly a four mile walk there and back.

Yesterday was okay, actually great, on the exercise but with the diet I gave into temptation twice. Must do better.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

8th Sept 2009 at 1:47 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Tuco, Sept 2009
Back on the weights today, so Chest day

Only doing that today?

You should have started that chesterday
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

8th Sept 2009 at 1:48 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Paddy Irishman, Sept 2009
Quote: Tuco, Sept 2009
Back on the weights today, so Chest day

Only doing that today?

You should have started that chesterday

That was a damn sight funnier in my head

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

11th Nov 2009 at 9:16 am

I aim to misbehave

COME ON THREAD! DON'T YOU DIE ON ME YET! *pounds chest of thread and gives mouth-to-mouth*

Okay, so October was a very very bad month for me. Between not being able to go to the gym during the week because of all the overtime I was doing, and my weekends being full of drinking due to stag, wedding, leaving parties, sickness.... Hadn't been to the gym in over a month.

Before that, I had lost around 16lbs, and I was actually really afraid I'd put pretty much all of it back on. As I said, a lot of drinking, combined with a lot of really bad food due to working late and takeaways after drinking etc. So I was really afraid I'd be pretty much starting from scratch again. Luckily though, I've only put on 5lbs, bringing my net loss back to 11. While its certainly not ideal, it gives me extra motivation to get back to where I was.

So hit the gym last night. Felt like the toughest session ever. Ended up doing only 50 minutes as opposed to an hour, but felt good getting back into it, and I hope to be back into my normal 1 hour routine by Sunday, then hit it hard from next week on.

That guy who I keep meeting in the changing room who knows me but I don't know him was there again. And not only there, but ALL there. He didn't need to walk over beside me and change while facing me and telling me about trying to sell his car, he could have done that from where he already was, behind the divider. Where all penises should stay

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th Nov 2009 at 9:13 am

I aim to misbehave

Gym again last night. Down another 4 pounds since last week, despite not being at the gym since last week, and only changing my diet a bit. So either I read the scales wrong (which I have done before, with hilarious consequences), or the weight came off quicker since I'd already lost it. Either way, I'm pretty close to where I was before October.

Session last night was still tough, but not as tough as last week since I'm starting to get back into it. Might just be a week or two before I'm able to reach the limits I had been. Then, I'll try to exceed those limits.

I've lost time, but still sticking to my goal of getting down to 13-13.5 stone by May. Which at this point is about 4 stone in 6 months. Going to be tough. I think you're supposed to only lose 1-2lb a week, which, to lose 4 stone, would take around 7 months. Not to mention that Christmas and my birthday are just round the corner. Lunch on workdays will be the killer bit. Especially as the shop I normally go to is great. Girls in there are really nice to me and give me things for free, or reduced cost because I go there every day. They've even started to notice days when I don't go there. Damn it. How healthy is a bread roll with egg mayonnaise and a few slices of turkey?

Edited by Dinglebutt Nov 2009

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

18th Nov 2009 at 10:53 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Winston Zeddemore, Nov 2009
Nice one Barrington Smash and cut the mayo off that butty and have it on wholemeal and its loads better, maybe even throw on some lettuce

I can't remember if they just have normal egg (as in, not in mayo). If so, I'd switch to that. I think for today, I'll go with the usual, but have a gander round the shop to see if there's anything else I could go with. I just really like that shop. And I hate brining my own lunch to work because then I end up eating it in the office. I need to get out of this place for at least a half hour a day.

I think on some days I might go to a different shop that has a kind of salad bar thing. Had it a few times and was really nice, although I have to eat it in the office. Ah well, sacrifices I suppose

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

30th Nov 2009 at 11:14 am

I aim to misbehave

Went to the gym Friday evening, Saturday morning and Sunday morning. All going according to plan, I should hit the 17 stone mark this weekend . Plan to be less than 16 and a half stone by Christmas Day. Then 17 stone by Christmas night

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

30th Nov 2009 at 11:30 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Snoop, Nov 2009
Good going Barry I'm not weight myself at the moment, can't be arsed with it. Did Spartan training on Saturday, was hard work but well worth it, so I'll be carrying that on. Going to change my cardio routine as well and try to get it done first thing in the morning before work, but leaving the house at quarter past six in the morning is horrible.

Going to change up my routine a bit too.

Old Routine:
10mins rowing machine
10mins crosstrainer
3x15 25kg Chest press
3x15 25kg Low Pulley
10mins crosstrainer
3x15 25kg Lat Machine
3x15 15kg Leg extension (I think thats what its called)

I was doing such low weights because the trainer said that was best for losing weight. Apparantly, she was wrong.

New routine:
10mins rowing machine (stepped up a level)
3x10 40kg Chest Press
10mins crosstrainer
3x10 40kg Low pulley
10mins exercise bike
3x10 40kg Lat Machine
5 mins crosstrainer (higher level than before)
3x10 25kg leg extension

Still haven't switched to freeweights even though I keep threatening to. Not much point starting now as when January comes, the gym will be mental busy and I'd say everyone will head for the weights

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

5th Dec 2009 at 8:52 pm

I aim to misbehave

Another 3lbs down on last week. By next weekend, I should be under 17 stone for the first time in about 2 years.

Didn't get a full session this morning though as I was in a rush, but I'll hit it hard in the morning. Plus, I have this Friday off work, so I'll be able to get an extra session in. I'm also just after doing up an excel sheet (something I've been meaning to do for ages) so I can start taking a record of what I do in the gym and how much I've lost. This will hopefully also help me pinpoint differences in my diet.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 1:15 am

Chris Kamara -

You can't spot reduce fat from a particular part of your body. It'll just come off bit by bit all over, regardless of which exercise you do.

Reducing your carb intake and upping the protein intake will help, and also minimising/eliminating alcohol, particularly if you have excess fat around your hips. Studies have supposedly shown that calories from alcohol are typically stored around this area, and I have to say I can personally vouch that it's probably true.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 1:27 am

Chris Kamara -

If you're already muscular and strong, it's unlikely you'll be putting any more muscle on unless you consume more calories and do extra weight training, so I'd not worry about that if you're looking to shed a few pounds. If anything having decent muscle mass will likely aid your fat loss, however this will improve the definition so you'll have to consider if it's the look you want.

Adding weight and losing weight is very much diet related first and foremost. Couple that with regular training that puts your heart in a high range and you'll very quickly be in the shape you desire.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 2:16 am

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

I've somehow lost 9lbs despite eating regular takeaways, carbs by the pan-load, and rarely exercising other than grappling with other men for an inflatable egg on Monday nights and occasionally Wednesday afternoons.

The human body is a mystery.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 2:25 am

Outside-left

Nope, I've not been as 'regular' as usual lately, and I feel more bloated than in a long time.

And I've not had sex in nearly 2 months, so everyone can kindly cease telling everyone else that I nobbed Fran in Darren's bed on Monday morning. We're friends that sometimes share a 'touch'-free sleeping space, and she's a long term boyfriend whom she's very much in to.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 2:34 am

Outside-left

If that's the equation, then you've been misinformed along the way.

And no, I'm done with sexing anything that walks and is human. I've eyes for one person and will shortly be trying to make something of it.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 2:43 am

Outside-left

The one you know never was, in the grand scheme of things.

Far, far, far, far, far too much crazy to make the physical attraction mean anything. Haven't spoken with her in a month and don't really miss her that much - if anything it's been a break.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 2:47 am

Outside-left

Did it work for you, or was there a different method employed?

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 2:53 am

Outside-left

That line was surprisingly successful back in like, 2004/05 when I was hot sh*t.

Anyway, bedtime. Night Alees!

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

20th Dec 2009 at 1:24 pm

I aim to misbehave

Gym again this morning. Under 17 stone now. When I look in the mirror, I still see no difference between me now and me 6 months ago. But on Friday, I had to put on a pair of wellingtons that I hadn't worn since September. Then, my feet fit into then, but they got stuck on my giant calfs, which made them really uncomfortable. Friday, legs slipped right in, with room to spare. So maybe I'm just seeing myself as fatter than I actually am. I did take a picture last July, but maybe I should have taken a side profile one where the change would be more noticable.

Either way, I'm feeling good, and planning on not letting some dude's 2009th birthday get in the way of my weight loss

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

23rd Dec 2009 at 9:25 pm

I aim to misbehave

2 sessions at the gym today, and going again in the morning. Going to start increasing weights and resistance levels over the Christmas holidays because I'm starting to get too used to it I think, and not feeling as tired/sore afterwards

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

9th Jan 2010 at 7:46 pm

I aim to misbehave

My arms are killing me

Decided to change up my routine and do freeweights, so I asked the trainer for help. Told him I didn't just want to focus on arms or anything, and I didn't want to have to do different workouts on different days (ie. Chest monday, arms wednesday etc)

Started off alright. Tough enough but thats what I was hoping for anyway. Until the bench press. Jesus f*cking Christ. On the bench press machine I was using I was lifting 40kg, so I knew I'd have to lift less with free weights. So the trainer started me off just lifting the bar, which was 20. That was alright. Then added 10kg. No way. Wasn't going to happen. Got through the first 2 sets of 15. Then the trainer wanted to add another 10. Ain't gonna happen chief. I could only lift 30 because you were spotting me. But no more. Even spotting me at 40, wasn't going to happen. Arms are still sore now, over 8 hours later.

The weight itself is alright, it's just the balance thats killing me. Might by a barbell myself and work on that at home, get technique right before starting to add weight. Would you need a proper bench or would just the bed be alright?

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

9th Jan 2010 at 11:31 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

My weight is ballooning seriously. All this working from home has messed up my diet, I'm eating far too much, and all the gym work I am doing is having little effect.

Suppose it's one upside to going into the office, you don't eat as much.

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

9th Jan 2010 at 11:47 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Quote: Ian Huntley, Jan 2010
My arms are killing me

Decided to change up my routine and do freeweights, so I asked the trainer for help. Told him I didn't just want to focus on arms or anything, and I didn't want to have to do different workouts on different days (ie. Chest monday, arms wednesday etc)

Started off alright. Tough enough but thats what I was hoping for anyway. Until the bench press. Jesus f*cking Christ. On the bench press machine I was using I was lifting 40kg, so I knew I'd have to lift less with free weights. So the trainer started me off just lifting the bar, which was 20. That was alright. Then added 10kg. No way. Wasn't going to happen. Got through the first 2 sets of 15. Then the trainer wanted to add another 10. Ain't gonna happen chief. I could only lift 30 because you were spotting me. But no more. Even spotting me at 40, wasn't going to happen. Arms are still sore now, over 8 hours later.

The weight itself is alright, it's just the balance thats killing me. Might by a barbell myself and work on that at home, get technique right before starting to add weight. Would you need a proper bench or would just the bed be alright?

You absolutely need to buy a bench. They usually all come together.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

10th Jan 2010 at 12:57 am

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Lisbeth Salander, Jan 2010
Quote: Mr. Criss to you, Jan 2010
Quote: LoonyPandora, Jan 2010
My weight is ballooning seriously. All this working from home has messed up my diet, I'm eating far too much, and all the gym work I am doing is having little effect.

Suppose it's one upside to going into the office, you don't eat as much.
I'm the reverse of this.

While the food is hardly 5 star cuisine, its pretty decent and its pretty cheap too. Add to that the fact that the coffee lounge is a mere stones throw from my desk and has a ton of cake and chocolate on offer... I'd rather be working from home to be honest.

You two, listen: as of Monday, let's properly get this gym malarky going. (I know it's not been easy, what with the ice-rink outside, and it's pretty treacherous going out wet in this weather, but let's get started.)

All 4 of us can compete together. It can be like a competition, target thing: eat healthy, exercise more, tone up, lose weight. You get me? We could even club in for a minor prize for the winner if you'd like?

Phil can join in too, if he wishes. Manchester Fi(gh)t Club

Sounds like a deal. With your badass 24 hour gym. They do guest passes?

Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: What's the facebook group called? I couldn't find it...
Πανδώρα: MUHAHAHAHAHA!
IGH: And so it ends
Captain Spiky: I've just been loving life, going through the photos in the Meets gallery. so many awesome people that I loved hanging out with

Page: