Kids TV

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 7:59 pm

It's not as good as it used to be.....

I think i was brought up in an alternate TV viewing universe to most of the people I know.. I know pigeon street existed (www.pigeonstreet.com) and james the cat has a webpage too...

I miss Trev n Simon from when they were on Live n Kicking, they were the highlight!

Anyone else got anything they used to love?

And can anyone remember what was on ITV on Saturdays before Ant n Dec?

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 8:03 pm

Chris Kamara -

fun house
gladiators
noels house party
the crystal maze
mike and angelo
knightmare

Will

| 6,984 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 8:09 pm

fun house has the legend that is pat sharp, that was fantasimo...
i remember watching Brum a lot. that rocked. although the new serieses are sh*te.
ooh and Spot the dog. i remember having a video full of brum and spot, because they were on after each other on CBBC at 1pm...
and of course, postman pat & fireman sam.
noels house party

Edited by Will Sept 2004

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 8:18 pm

Playdays.. before it was called playbus.
Dot was Wednesdays.. can anyone remember the other days? I think the Whybird was Mondays?!

Gawd.. and Mr Jolly.. which as will has already found out, is the name of my birthage doctor when baby arrives... I swear I'll have a fit if he walks into the maternity suite in a bowler hat!

Old Style Sesame Street was good. And Hangar 17.. altho I seem to be the only person on the planet who remembers that.

Will

| 6,984 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 8:27 pm

Quote: Yoshi_
I think the Whybird was Mondays?!

i believe that is the case. whybird was the bestest by far.
[http://www.elliottdesign.co.uk/images/Playdays-photo-07.gif]
ah, its all coming back...
when was peggy patch?

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 9:51 pm

Chris Kamara -

fred dineage really was the kind of bloke who you just would have loved to have at every party you went to

JM

| 8,289 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 10:00 pm

Rainbow! Oh, yes Add Inspector Gadget on there for me

I don't think The Crystal Maze counts, but...

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 10:09 pm

Chris Kamara -

did for me

and the kyrpton factor
and you bet

hehe

Nemi

| 837 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 10:48 pm

What was the name of that programme where they were basically just in a junk cupboard and made things...?

Okay, so that may describe most childrens TV, but someone must know what I mean! I rememeber there was fuzzy screens, and a man and a woman...

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 10:58 pm

hehe. Fred Dineage does our local TV news

ANBY v3.0

| 7,728 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 11:08 pm

ANBY v3.0 - Officially female according to Pamplemeese Decree.

Officially female according to Pamplemeese Decree.

Quote: Nemi_
What was the name of that programme where they were basically just in a junk cupboard and made things...?

Okay, so that may describe most childrens TV, but someone must know what I mean! I rememeber there was fuzzy screens, and a man and a woman...

Oh, I know the one! Was it Bits and Pieces/Bobs, or something along those line?
Rupert didn't win the Best Signature Award. He does not exist.

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 11:17 pm

I remember that..

Bitsa!

Nemi

| 837 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 11:19 pm

That was it!!

That was like, SO cool!!

Tinkerbell

| 1,023 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 11:42 pm

Tinkerbell - Its Jah Love That Im Waiting On

Its Jah Love That Im Waiting On

hmmm

"The queens nose" was brillient (the old ones i mean though where, err, harriet had the 50p! i think there is a new girl now!)

Live And Kicking when, hmm, i think they were called emma and andy (it was ok then!) And then was good when jamie thiekston and zoe ball did it it was top too!)

Maybe Rosie and Jim and the little car, not noddy, brum i think its name was, these were goooooood!

cant think of anything else or anything older
Excuse me while I light my spliff
Good God I gotta take a lift
From reality I just can't drift
That's why I am staying with this riff

ANBY v3.0

| 7,728 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 11:46 pm

You mean Harmony... and yes, that show also rawked!

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 7:52 am

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

Pingu, Fireman Sam, Thomas the Tank Engine, Postman Pat, Rainbow. There was also this weird programme in the middle of 'This Morning' when Richard and Judy were on it... there was a cat and a dog in a box and a telly with three buttons.

Frenchfry

| 352 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 8:03 am

Look! I changed the text here! I feel clever.

Well I always used to watch BUMP THE ELEPHANT!, Ivor the engine, Mr Ben (the greatest), Bagpuss, Parsley the lion, Tales of the riverbank (everyone loves Hammy Hamster, he's so funny, especialy the one where they put him in the plane). Yes, I Know some of these were before my time, but my mum always brought me up with them. The wonders of the VCR. Nowadays it's these DVD players init? But ofcourse that means we have to go out and re-buy all our old stuff again, and i had the whole set of watch with mother.
This is a signature.

Silvan

| 3,776 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 9:03 am

Silvan - Aurals Velupide!

Aurals Velupide!

And Hangar 17.. altho I seem to be the only person on the planet who remembers that.

I remember that, had Mickey Hutton on it.

I always liked Ghost Train with Nobby the sheep as they always showed episodes of Scooby-Doo.

Trap Door, Ulysses 31 (although I never had a f'ing clue as to what the heck was going on), Dungeons & Dragons, Round The Bend (could've been Around The Bend).
What can I say? I did it all for the Wookies.

Banned Skywalker

| 1,703 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 9:32 am

I love the Villa Revolution! Hail the Republic

Scooby Doo is the best cartoon, bar none.
Rainbow, The All Electric Amusement Arcade, Danger Mouse, Postman Pat, Timmy Mallet
I'm an eejit.

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 11:24 am

Hehe. Wackaday. That show put my Aunty in A&E....

but how was i supposed to know a wooden mallet hurt more than a foam one? I was only 4!

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 12:12 pm

Πανδώρα -

oh bump the elephant
i love that show!
*burp*

boomalakka wee

| 338 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 1:22 pm

boomalakka wee - if i stand this way you can see my cape in full

if i stand this way you can see my cape in full

Penny Crayon.

i wanted to BE her, i even had a beret and drew on walls as homage to her.
short with fingers.

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 2:24 pm

aporkalypse - rawr![/comedy finish]

rawr![/comedy finish]

[quote=Tinkerbell_ link=1096315191/15#16 date=1096328573][color=Blue] hmmm
A firm favourite for fake alibis and general practices.

[quote author=Citizen Twiggy link=board=spam;num=1105791842;start=390#391 date=04/18/05 at 19:17:29]He said my lack of height was alright because he was looking for quirks.[/quote]

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 5:37 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

Three words.

Hong.

Kong.

Phooey.

petal

| 887 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 5:38 pm

petal - What kind of cartwheels do I have to pull?

What kind of cartwheels do I have to pull?

And can anyone remember what was on ITV on Saturdays before Ant n Dec?

Timmy Mallet?
My how I loved that show..
also Live and Kicking was the b*ll*cks, and Morph on that art programmy thing!
Wife of Dr. Robb phd.

Will

| 6,984 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 5:51 pm

Everybody loved Timmy Mallet, despite the fact hes a complete prick.

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 6:45 pm

Button Moon.

It was just the bestest ever. Subliminal advertising for Heinz too.

ANBY v3.0

| 7,728 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 6:52 pm

Button Moon was cool.

Trap Door, too.

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 7:01 pm

Fraggle Rock.

*giggles at the rood version we thought we were incredibly funny by singing at school*

Mancomb Seepgood

| 3,455 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 7:24 pm

Mancomb Seepgood - Grog me.

Grog me.

WHAT!? How come nobody's mentioned the absolute epitomy of children's brainwashing television that is the wonderful satire of human existence that is THE ROTTENTROLLS. A genuinely smart and funny program with MArtin Clunes narrating it. Genius. And Wizadora (they adored her apparently) and The Spooks (woo!) The Spooks of Bottle Bay. As Tony might say, "They're gggggggggrrrrrreeeaat!". Why our prime minister goes aroung saying that i'll never know.
If I could get an orange that was as low-maintenance as an apple, I'd be a happy man

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 7:30 pm

learrggh -

I used to watch something called The Magic Roundabout, I think.

All these odd plasticine creatures wandering around. I thought the rug-type dog was cute.

And Knightmare - I remember that. Was scary. :-[

There was some random show that had all these scribbles in it. They were just that - scribbles. But they were animated and had characters and such.

I used to watch Sesame Street too - when I was 3, going on four. I hated alot of the characters - and the children annoyed the sh*t out of me.

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 7:32 pm

Telebugs anyone?

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 7:35 pm

Kids TV nowadays scares the f*ck outta me.
This morning, my friends and I were watching Big Cook Little Cook.
WHAT IS UP WITH THESE TWO?
I dont get it.They scare the hell out of me.I just dont think children should be patronised or exposed to Little Cooks butt while he is 'riding' his spoon,
Hell, I dont think little kids should be exposed to riding of spoons but at least Little Cook pull your trousers up.
And, all they make is junk.Oooh kids lets get obese with this new choo choo cake.

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 7:41 pm

I remember Bitsa! It had the scary robot man! It's thanks to them, that I get my body throght a postcard. And I can prick a balloon with a pin and it doesn't pop!

The Riddlers WAS scary. Scary puppets, and SCARY music!

Wait....I see a pattern emerging....all childrens tv shows are scary. hmm.....maybe....
tots tv, raggydolls, mike and angelo was RUBBISH!, the one with the talking parrot, the one with the dog that looks like the one from the dulux advert, demon headmaster was fabulous, byker grove, still going strong I know, but it was so good...anyone remember noddy? No? He drove a lorry. as in noddy from byker grove, not the dude in the car with a silly hat.
Oaky Doak! that was alright.

OH I KNOW! julia jekyll and harriet hyde! that was fa-mazing! yeah...oooh nostalgia!

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 7:41 pm

learrggh -

BINKA!
DUH DUH DUH DUH-DUH-DUH-DUUUH-DUH DUH-DUH-DUH-DUUUH- HEY BIIINKAAAA!

8)

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 7:46 pm

Knightmare - fabulous
Clarissa explains it all..oh it was SO good!! (There was a time when i thought what clarissa wore was cool...now i realise she got dressed in the dark....)

and True or False! that was so cool. Who remembers the naked cleaners? Or the girl who got the baked bean trapped behind her eyelid???
Why did the man wear a pink suit though? I never understood that.

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

29th Sept 2004 at 9:27 am

Incredible Games?
With the dude who looked like he had vanilla icecream for hair. actually I quite liked that.
hehe. Pingu holds a special place in my heart.

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

29th Sept 2004 at 1:18 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

Incredible Games?
With the dude who looked like he had vanilla icecream for hair. actually I quite liked that.
hehe. Pingu holds a special place in my heart.

Oh my god! I loved that show- I always wanted to swim in the alphabet spaghetti-style game.

Along similar lines, Fun House RULED! (Again, I always wanted to be in that and go in the funhouse )

Emma- Zzzap was OK, only part I liked really was Daisy Dares You though, so I'd watch it only for that. I was a bored kid.

Nickoledean repeat Clarissa nowadays- you never noticed how crap her clothes were when you watched that when you were younger, hehe.

Oh, not a kid's programme but for some reason I was slightly obsessed with it- does anyone remember Man O Man? It was only one for one series, on Saturday nights I think before You Bet was on. Basically there was a woman and a number of guys who had to do challenges, and if she didn't like one then she pushed him into a pool. Then she ended up with one, and I think possibly they went on a date afterwards, but I can't remember. Nobody I've ever spoken to has ever heard of it! (Bar people forced to watch it )

Another great adult's programme that I loved was Crystal Maze. I went to the one in Maidenhead sooooooo much!
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Silvan

| 3,776 posts

29th Sept 2004 at 1:34 pm

Silvan - Aurals Velupide!

Aurals Velupide!

Quote: Tanaqui_
Potsworth and Co

I used to watch that all the time, I even named one of my stuffed animals 'Potsworth' as it did actually look like him.

Quote:
And the Dulux Dog was called Barney (methinks, but that was good, not the dinosaur)

Yeah, he was called Barney. For some reason he had a mouse living in the fur on his head.
What can I say? I did it all for the Wookies.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: