NUS Card

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Tinkerbell

| 1,023 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 2:31 pm

Tinkerbell - Its Jah Love That Im Waiting On

Its Jah Love That Im Waiting On

just wondering, i am in college and im getting my NUS card tomorrow and i was just thinking to myself if i could use it as ID if i get asked when i go out? A girl in my college told me you could so do any of you lot know if i can?!!!

Cheers
Excuse me while I light my spliff
Good God I gotta take a lift
From reality I just can't drift
That's why I am staying with this riff

Graham

| 5,553 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 2:43 pm

you could, but as i found out, they may not let you in, as some places think it can be forged easily...

make sure you have a back up plan if things go wrong!!
Quote: Barry Duffman, Aug 2008
it still doesnt make sense! He's talking about putting potatoes in cement to cook them!!

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 4:33 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

Seing as though its written out in biro, its one of the most easily forged cards around, it can be handy if used in conjuction with a memorised birthday though.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 4:39 pm

Chris Kamara -

most places accept only a drivers licence or passport.

both of which cost money, but at some point you'll probably need them anyway, if you don't already have one.

they will accept a provisional licence, incidently, so you don't actually have to pass a test.

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 4:41 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

They accepted my friends' at the pub, but considering it was her sisters and they look nothing alike I don't think it was a particularly strict pub...

"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

WasteOfAnAngel

| 222 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 6:40 pm

Cute L'il Dead Girl

I need my NUS card...I know that the girl at the Brickyard wont accept NUS cards if she convinces herself you're underage, but I've seen her reject drivers licenses before, so maybe she's just a b*tch
Take your wings outside, you can't fly in here

be creative, invent a new perversion

> > recommended book ~ Chuck Palahniuk - Diary < <
> > recommended song ~ The Smashing Pumpkins - Thru the Eyes of Ruby < <

Will

| 6,984 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 7:02 pm

i just use my student ID card instead for student discounts and the like, works fine... i doubt many places would let you use an NUS card as a proof of ID though...

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 8:14 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

Proof of IDs generally need to be something with a proper DOB on, and in most places a photo. We're supposed to only accept IDs with photos on at work, but things like bus passes (from county concels) we let people get away with if it's quite a close call anyway. Bars are probably stricter though.
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

bob fletcher

| 1,339 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 8:20 pm

bob fletcher - woop woop

woop woop

NUS cards aren't written in biro!
they are printed and everything! well mine is!
you are love to me, an epiphany,
you set me free and let me be
and one day i'll be love back for you
and you can know what it feels like too.

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 8:57 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

Not a lot of places accept NUS cards, cause you can easily lie about your age when sending off the form. Get a provisional licence.

Nemi

| 837 posts

27th Sept 2004 at 10:31 pm

Nowhere round where I live accepts it, wel, apart from the few places they don't ID...
I know for certain nowhere in central london does, because they are really easy to forge.

If you want proper ID, try www.portmangroup.org.uk , I was given a leaflet at freshers fair about their proof of age card, so I think they should be trustworthy enough... It's

27th Sept 2004 at 10:38 pm

And Then My Mind Split Open... - mischievous kids cuss

mischievous kids cuss

http://www.citizencard.net/

Is accepted almost everywhere, although I have needed my passport on occasions.
They imitate but I teach

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 1:00 am

aporkalypse - rawr![/comedy finish]

rawr![/comedy finish]

lot of places up here dont accept student matric cards never mind NUS, if you want solid proof of id you need a citizen card/passport or drivers license.

sad but true folks.
A firm favourite for fake alibis and general practices.

[quote author=Citizen Twiggy link=board=spam;num=1105791842;start=390#391 date=04/18/05 at 19:17:29]He said my lack of height was alright because he was looking for quirks.[/quote]

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 11:13 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: flamingphoenix_
All the ones issued by Manchester Met SU have dates of birth written in biro, so do the ones from Manchester Uni, and Umist, thats roughly 30 thousand students in total. Theyre not worth anything as an ID, nothing, a blockbuster card would be more widely accepted round here.

Lianne

| 9,643 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 11:41 am

Even though my Lewes Tertiary College NUS card was printed and had a photo, none of the pubs in town would take it as ID. Just get birth certificate/passport/citizencard....

ANBY v3.0

| 7,728 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 7:51 pm

ANBY v3.0 - Officially female according to Pamplemeese Decree.

Officially female according to Pamplemeese Decree.

Quote: flamingphoenix_

Mine's written in biro...

More to the point, I'm the one who wrote it!
Rupert didn't win the Best Signature Award. He does not exist.

Phil

| 7,619 posts

28th Sept 2004 at 9:04 pm

Phil - Hippo Moderator of Heck!

Hippo Moderator of Heck!

The acid test as to wether a non-government document will be accepted is wether it has the holographic PASS logo on it. If it does, it'll usually be accepted, if not, it usually won't. Connexions cards, Citizen cards, Portman cards and Validate UK cards are all PASS accredited.

Citizen Cards are particularly great because they're free to under 18s but don't expire, so if you apply about a month before you turn 18, you have a free ID with an up to date picture. They do say 16/17 on them but you can just point out the "18 on..." bit, and it SHOULD still be accepted.
She's the kind of girl that leaves out condoms on the bedroom dresser
Just to make you jealous of the men she f*cked before you met her.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page