Drunken Stories

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Topper

| 6,773 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 10:31 am

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Right, there are a few people on VR who like a drink. This is for those drinkers amongst us.

I'm after your bestest drunken stories. Stuff that you have done or said when drunk which, is funny, embarrasing, amazing, or otherwise of interest.

I'm fairly good with my drink. For a start I don't drink THAT much, THAT often, especially compared to some uni students I know, but I'm certainly not opposed to the odd drink and can sometimes get the worse for wear.
I don't have any really good drunken stories, but the first time I ever got drunk with my college mates (I was about 17/18) resulted in a few embarrasing incidents.
The mates I went out with were trying to get me drunk. I think they thought it would be funny to see me drunk. They peppered me with vodka, whisky (which, still to this day I can't even SMELL) and beer and because of not only the mixtures but the sheer volume of drink I quaffed, I was bloody p*ssed.
The first set of 'incidents' occured when a group of female 'University of Central England' lecturers decided to come sit by us and be, er...'friendly'. Luckily, I was sitting in the middle of my friends and not directly by the ones who were touching the knees of my friends. Half way through this meeting I just lied down on the seat (which, defies Physics really) and went to sleep. However, 10 minutes later I awoke, sat up, looked around and could not for the life of me remember who these people were. I just shouted, in a drunken slur of messed up syllables "Who are all you?" They left soon after. I like to think I saved my friends from God Knows What that night.

The trip back to my Gran's (where I'd be crashing that night with a mate) was also eventful. Firstly, I scared a poor girl on a bench half to death, then I lied down in the Kwiksave entrance and went to sleep. I would later go on to work for Kwiksave. Some say it was written in the stars that night.

The best was yet to follow though, when I got to my poor Gran's house with my friend, I whispered to my Gran "See, him there (referring to my friend) he's a gay". Right. He wasn't. My Gran went to her death bed the following year thinking Alan was homosexual. Not that my Gran cared. I also called my mom up and accused her of being a vandal and a "character from Carry On film".

Ho hum.

Your turn
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Tinkerbell

| 1,023 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 10:38 am

Tinkerbell - Its Jah Love That Im Waiting On

Its Jah Love That Im Waiting On

[quote=TwistyBoomKlart_ link=1095849060/0#0 date=1095849060] Right, there are a few people on VR who like a drink. This is for those drinkers amongst us.

I'm after your bestest drunken stories. Stuff that you have done or said when drunk which, is funny, embarrasing, amazing, or otherwise of interest.
The best was yet to follow though, when I got to my poor Gran's house with my friend, I whispered to my Gran "See, him there (referring to my friend) he's a gay". Right. He wasn't. My Gran went to her death bed the following year thinking Alan was homosexual. Not that my Gran cared. I also called my mom up and accused her of being a vandal and a "character from
Excuse me while I light my spliff
Good God I gotta take a lift
From reality I just can't drift
That's why I am staying with this riff

Topper

| 6,773 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 10:42 am

My mom fessed up, she was indeed a character from a Carry On Film. Not Hattie Jacques.

Seriously though, she was fine, she knew I was drunk and didn't mean it. She just humoured me and laughed.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

Kyndstor Dysotor

| 493 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 11:16 am

the chic-est of the outsiders

I don't have any stories where I can go "haha". Just ones where I wince
This Is. A Public. Service. Announcement.

With catarrh (cough cough)

Emektro for all - I thought it classic

Hobbes

| 8,575 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 4:28 pm

Hobbes - the hoopiest of all the froods

the hoopiest of all the froods

Quote: TwistyBoomKlart_
quaffed

You are a hero for using the word "quaffed".
"I'M SIGNIFICANT!!!"
screamed the dust speck

Topper

| 6,773 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 4:34 pm

Quote: Hobbes_

You are a hero for using the word "quaffed".

Partridge uses it expertly in series 1 of 'I'm Alan Partridge'

" Better get some grapefruit juice before it's QUAFFED by R2D2 over there"

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 7:39 pm

In Belguim, I got really badly rat arsed and I started crying in the middle of the square in a tiny town. It was a couple of minutes until I realised that I was standing in the middle of a floor water fountain which was spraying water over my head. I did not know how I got in the middle of that damn contraption. Oh and I wasnt crying.I was just getting sprayed with water.

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 8:06 pm

er...i don't find myself that funny when I'm drunk. However, my friends DO like to laugh at me the next day when they describe my walking.
Oh, there was also the time I fell in a toolbox......

Freshly Squeezed Cynic

| 6,189 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 8:16 pm

Freshly Squeezed Cynic - apparently the big pink bastard is me

apparently the big pink bastard is me

Quote: Satan_s_Little_Helper_

Oh, there was also the time I fell in a toolbox......

In? Bit small, aren't you?

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 8:22 pm

Chris Kamara -

Quote:
In? Bit small, aren't you?

bit big, i'd have thought. unless it was a realllllly big magic tool box?

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 8:28 pm

it was open...i fell in...it hurt....

it was also shiny and a nice red colour

Kyndstor Dysotor

| 493 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 10:35 pm

the chic-est of the outsiders

Beats the time I fell asleep in a portaloo. Or passed out at my friend's to wake up covered in random scrawlings. Or when I woke up in hospital. No laughs, just shakes of the head
This Is. A Public. Service. Announcement.

With catarrh (cough cough)

Emektro for all - I thought it classic

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

23rd Sept 2004 at 12:23 am

I once tried to storm Mark's And Spencers on the way home from a very heavy night. No one can remember why.
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

aporkalypse

| 4,428 posts

23rd Sept 2004 at 12:27 am

aporkalypse - rawr![/comedy finish]

rawr![/comedy finish]

did you need a new pair of control pants?
A firm favourite for fake alibis and general practices.

[quote author=Citizen Twiggy link=board=spam;num=1105791842;start=390#391 date=04/18/05 at 19:17:29]He said my lack of height was alright because he was looking for quirks.[/quote]

Tinkerbell

| 1,023 posts

23rd Sept 2004 at 10:54 pm

Quote: Citizen_Twiggy_
In Belguim, I got really badly rat arsed

haha Speaking of belgium, My old school went on a trip there and me and my friends got a huge room, A party room , and so every night everyone was in our room until we got caught with like 6 litres of vodka and of course the people who were staying in the room got blamed for it all And then none of the boys were aloud in our room beacuse they were boys and we were "a catholic school" and being a great catholic school a few of my friends participated in a oiuji (cant spell) board (i was just watching being the scared little superstitious girl that i am) and one of my friends became,err, possesed and then the teacher caught her freaking out and it turns out she can bloody speak to ghosts or something so she, hmmm, healed my friend. I found the experience quite funny especially when hannah aka. petal said "well im alright im off to bed" when our friend was freaking! ahh good ol' days

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

23rd Sept 2004 at 10:57 pm

Chris Kamara -

and people say belgium is dull

Banned Skywalker

| 1,703 posts

24th Sept 2004 at 12:35 pm

I love the Villa Revolution! Hail the Republic

They eat horse innards in Belgium, and it's very dull I've been there.
I'm an eejit.

Tinkerbell

| 1,023 posts

25th Sept 2004 at 11:33 pm

Quote: Luke_Skywalker_
it's very dull I've been there.

Yes it is rather dull, but you do get served alcohol as young as 13!!!!

Turtle

| 3,404 posts

26th Sept 2004 at 5:53 pm

They didnt even ask my age.Thanks to the nice bar tender who gave me discounts because I was his favourite.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page