Questionaire- for my A level, please help!

Posted In: Main. Reading This Thread:

Lady_Lestat

| 1,357 posts

18th Sept 2004 at 8:39 pm

Lady_Lestat - 'I've Been Embalmed!'

'I've Been Embalmed!'

Hello people. I'm doing AS level Media Studies at the moment. I have to create and advert advertiseing a chosen product, part of the coursework is to do a survey of my target audience, so please could people help me out here and take a few minutes to fill in my questionairre?? Please. Thank you!...........................

Claire

| 15,814 posts

18th Sept 2004 at 8:41 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

Is it one of those invisible questionnaires or are you going to be sparky and post it, matey?
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Lady_Lestat

| 1,357 posts

18th Sept 2004 at 8:50 pm

'I've Been Embalmed!'

I am going to be advertiseing a healthy fruit smoothie drink aimed at young males and females. I need to find out more about my target audiences buying habits and preferences.

1-Are you Male Female

2- Which age group are you in? 15-16, 17-18, 19-20, 21-22 , 23-24

3- Which of these magazine types do you read the most? Sports, Entertainment, Gossip, Fashion, Lifestlye, Teen magazines

4- Which of the following draws your attention to an advert the most? Celebrites, Slogans, Colours, Photographs, Product information, Statistics,

5- Do you think it is important for the media to promote healthy eating to youngsters?
Yes, No, Not Sure

6- How interested are YOU in eating healthily?
Not at all, A Little, Interested, Very interested

7- If you are not interested in eating healthily, why? Please give a reason..................................

8- What aspects of an advert do you find most attractive?
Humour, Pictures of the product, Information about the product (statistics, facts...etc), Celebrity endorsement, Other (please state)

Thank you for taking your time to help me out, if you have any more suggestions just add them to the bottom of the page! Thank you :-*

Lady_Lestat

| 1,357 posts

18th Sept 2004 at 8:52 pm

'I've Been Embalmed!'

Quote: Lilac_Leopard_
Is it one of those invisible questionnaires or are you going to be sparky and post it, matey?

Its posted now. Its not very good, i just made it up now, but i could really do with some results from it as soon as possible please.

Will

| 6,984 posts

18th Sept 2004 at 8:58 pm

1-Male

2- 17-18

3-Entertainment

4-Photographs, Statistics

5-Yes

6- A Little

7- -

8- Humour

Elusive Moose

| 8,546 posts

18th Sept 2004 at 9:04 pm

Elusive Moose - Get your Antlers on

Get your Antlers on

1-Are you Female

2- Which age group are you in? 15-16,

3- Which of these magazine types do you read the most? Entertainment, Lifestlye, Teen magazines

4- Which of the following draws your attention to an advert the most? Slogans, Photographs, P

5- Do you think it is important for the media to promote healthy eating to youngsters?
Yes

A Little

7- If you are not interested in eating healthily, why? N/a

Humour
"You can't roast infants. You just don't get away with it."- a life lesson for us all.

Wife of  Phil the Lawful Hippo. Imagine the children!

The Disneyafied Adventures of Me

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

18th Sept 2004 at 9:05 pm

Chris Kamara -

1-Are you Male Female

3- Which of these magazine types do you read the most? Sports, Entertainment, Gossip, Fashion, Lifestlye, Teen magazines
I don't read any of those.

4- Which of the following draws your attention to an advert the most? Celebrites, Slogans, Colours, Photographs, Product information, Statistics,

Yes, No, Not Sure

7- If you are not interested in eating healthily, why? Please give a reason..................................

Humour, Pictures of the product, Information about the product (statistics, facts...etc), Celebrity endorsement, Other (please state)

Claire

| 15,814 posts

18th Sept 2004 at 9:08 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

1-Are you Male Female

Yes, No, Not Sure

Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

18th Sept 2004 at 9:10 pm

Chris Kamara -

i like questionaires. i think it's because they're your own opinion so you can never be wrong. i don't like being wrong.

Phil

| 7,619 posts

18th Sept 2004 at 9:27 pm

Phil - Hippo Moderator of Heck!

Hippo Moderator of Heck!

1. Male
2. 15-16
3. None really, PC magazines, so Entertainment sorta.
4. Product information, Statistics.
5. Yes
6. A Little
7. N/A
8. Humour
She's the kind of girl that leaves out condoms on the bedroom dresser
Just to make you jealous of the men she f*cked before you met her.

Lucozade Lover

| 8,558 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 1:18 am

Lucozade Lover -

1-

Wibble

| 5,323 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 1:54 am

scapegoat extraordinaire

1-Are you Male Female

Yes, No, Not Sure

Insane Jam Sow

| 443 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 8:26 am

Insane Jam Sow - Bill Bryson is my God

Bill Bryson is my God

1-Are you
http://www.freewebs.com/megazine

Yes, my website still exists. Just about.

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 9:04 am

1-Are you Male Female

Yes, No, Not Sure

Humour, Pictures of the product, [b]Information about the product (statistics, facts...etc)[b], Celebrity endorsement, Other (please state)

have a look at innocent smoothies, their packaging is really good, cause they write interesting stuff on the bottle so you have something to read while you drink. Or when you've finished the drink and get bored.

TinyShine

| 2,144 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 9:46 am

TinyShine -

1-Are you Male Female

Yes, No, Not Sure

I'll give you a brief example of why i think visuals are important. I was watching that ad last night for that perfume, 'A touch of pink', where everything is all floaty and dreamy. I'd never smelt the perfume, not even a big fan of buying scent in a bottle to be honest (!), and i goes to my mum, "Ooooeee, that looks wonderful!" and next time i see it in the shop i *will* smell it! Basically, the lifestyle something promotes visually really sucks me in. And a floaty, pretty lifestyle would be erm, great.

Sarah (of Shallowness!) xx

Mark Brogan

| 7,648 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 10:01 am

[quote=TinyShine link=board=main;num=1095539961;start=0#14 date=09/19/04 at 10:46:43]I'll give you a brief example of why i think visuals are important. I was watching that ad last night for that perfume, 'A touch of pink', where everything is all floaty and dreamy. I'd never smelt the perfume, not even a big fan of buying scent in a bottle to be honest (!), and i goes to my mum, "Ooooeee, that looks wonderful!" and next time i see it in the shop i *will* smell it! Basically, the lifestyle something promotes visually really sucks me in. And a floaty, pretty lifestyle would be erm, great.

I agree so much. I hate lacoste and all it stands for, but the girl dancing around, and the music, it reels you in. And it's pink. I'm not all that girly, but it's just so....damn commercial advertising and it's effectiveness!

JM

| 8,289 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 10:30 am

1-Male

Tired/Happy

| 5,601 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 11:10 am

1- Female

2- 15-16,

3- Entertainment (music)

4- Colours

Yes

Not at all

I'm not over-obsessed with it, because most of it's just over-hyped gimmicks.

Humour
"Sometimes people don't build walls to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to tear them down."
Thom is happy

Lady_Lestat

| 1,357 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 1:24 pm

'I've Been Embalmed!'

[quote=Satans_Little_Helper link=board=main;num=1095539961;start=0#13 date=09/19/04 [br]

have a look at innocent smoothies, their packaging is really good, cause they write interesting stuff on the bottle so you have something to read while you drink. Or when you've finished the drink and get bored. [/quote]

Funny you should mention that actually. Innocent Smoothies are actually the product i intend to advertise.

Lady_Lestat

| 1,357 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 1:27 pm

'I've Been Embalmed!'

Hey its great to get all these response! Thank you people, im very grateful!

Emgem37

| 3,267 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 1:53 pm

Emgem37 -

1- Female

2- 17-18

3- Teen magazines

4- Celebrites

5- Yes

6- A Little

7- N/a

8-Humour,

To me, as long as it tastes nice, the healthy part is just a bonus. Adverts don't really influence me that much either...I don't think

Bob Flapper

| 5,002 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 4:28 pm

Bob Flapper - Me?!

Me?!

1-Are you Male Female

Yes, No, Not Sure BUT it should fall to parents, the media shouldn't be held responsible for every fault in 21st century children

Humour, Pictures of the product, Information about the product (statistics, facts...etc), Celebrity endorsement, Other (please state

Penfold

| 887 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 4:50 pm

Penfold - The thinker

The thinker

1- Female

2- 19-20

3- Entertainment

4- Photographs, Product information, Statistics,

5- Yes

6- Interested

7-

8- Humour, Information about the product (statistics, facts...etc)

Hope that helps
"The National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it?" - Eddie Izzard

Facebook shizzle

Jingle

| 4,578 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 5:20 pm

Jingle - WOO-HAH!

WOO-HAH!

1- Female

2- Which age group are you in? 17-18,

3- Which of these magazine types do you read the most? Entertainment, Gossip, Lifestlye

4- Which of the following draws your attention to an advert the most? slogans, Photographs

Yes

A Little,

Humour

Flapdoodle

| 4,238 posts

19th Sept 2004 at 6:11 pm

Flapdoodle - TO THE SEA...

TO THE SEA...

1-Are you Male Female

Yes, No, Not Sure

Banned Skywalker

| 1,703 posts

20th Sept 2004 at 12:02 pm

I love the Villa Revolution! Hail the Republic

1. Male ( i think)
2. 19-20
3. Sports
4. Colours
5. No
6. Not at all
7. Because the Government and the health activists ram it down your throat everyday on the news and life is just to short to live on cabbage leaves and water.
8. Humor
I'm an eejit.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

20th Sept 2004 at 5:12 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

1-Are you Male Female

3- Which of these magazine types do you read the most? Sports, Entertainment, Gossip, Fashion, Lifestlye, Teen magazines Hey, I get bored. And I read them in the shops. |They're quite amusing.

Yes, No, Not Sure

Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Tinkerbell

| 1,023 posts

20th Sept 2004 at 5:39 pm

Tinkerbell - Its Jah Love That Im Waiting On

Its Jah Love That Im Waiting On

[quote=Lady_Lestat_ link=1095539961/0#2 date=1095540607]

1-Are you
Excuse me while I light my spliff
Good God I gotta take a lift
From reality I just can't drift
That's why I am staying with this riff

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

20th Sept 2004 at 5:41 pm

Chris Kamara -

Quote:
7. Because the Government and the health activists ram it down your throat everyday on the news and life is just to short to live on cabbage leaves and water.

fact is, life will be even shorter if you don't eat healthily.

Lady_Lestat

| 1,357 posts

20th Sept 2004 at 6:16 pm

'I've Been Embalmed!'

Thank you very much for all theses replies! Trust VRers to choose Humour as an important thing for an advert to have!! How the hell am I going to make the advert funny?? I am just not funny!!

Anyway, [glb]THANK YOU![/glb]

petal

| 887 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 10:25 am

petal - What kind of cartwheels do I have to pull?

What kind of cartwheels do I have to pull?

1- Female

2- 15-16,
3- Fashion,

4- Photographs,

5-
Yes,

6- A Little,

8- Humour,

Wife of Dr. Robb phd.

Banned Skywalker

| 1,703 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 12:50 pm

Quote: martin_

fact is, life will be even shorter if you don't eat healthily.

Don't care mate, I won't let any Government dictate how I live my life.
I'm an eejit.

Lady_Lestat

| 1,357 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 6:28 pm

'I've Been Embalmed!'

[glb]HOW F*CKING ANNOYING!! [/glb]After all my work and research for this project my teacher has basically told me its a sh*t idea and i need to start again or fail!!

I'm so annoyed, thought i was doing so well then get told im not!

SO no more questionairre answering please! don't need it anymore!

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

21st Sept 2004 at 6:49 pm

Chris Kamara -

Quote:

Your decision. But if the government weren't interested, I don't imagine you would be anyway. It's a matter of common sense, eating healthily. But like I say, up to you.

Hobbes

| 8,575 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 4:32 pm

Hobbes - the hoopiest of all the froods

the hoopiest of all the froods

Quote: Luke_Skywalker_

By insisting on doing the opposite of what the government is telling you to do, you are being manipulated into living your life a certain way equally as much as if you did everything they told you to. And this will have adverse effects of the quality of your life. Better to pay vague or no attention to what they are saying and then live your life the way you feel best, whether it agrees with what they are saying or not.
"I'M SIGNIFICANT!!!"
screamed the dust speck

panda_juice

| 56 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 5:34 pm

panda_juice - i rape vegetables

i rape vegetables

Im too old for this healthy smoothy drink.
*quaffes hoegarden*
hikeys boyfriend

Lady_Lestat

| 1,357 posts

22nd Sept 2004 at 7:24 pm

'I've Been Embalmed!'

Quote: panda_juice_
Im too old for this healthy smoothy drink.
*quaffes hoegarden*

Sorry, about that i should have included more catergories.
Anway, if you go fill in my NEW questionnaire there IS a catergory for you!

Banned Skywalker

| 1,703 posts

23rd Sept 2004 at 12:31 pm

I do eat fairly healthy, fruit ( apples, pears, oranges), vegetables, Pizzas, fish, meat and other things. I just like having a go at the government and their nanny state attitude. I would rather have a government get on with governing and not give a damn how people live as long as it's lawful. Couln't we have the Government sponsered by McDonalds or Pepsi, it would bring in millions ( or even billions) to the state.
I'm an eejit.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

23rd Sept 2004 at 2:53 pm

Chris Kamara -

i hope that's a joke because it will never ever ever ever happen, ever in life, ever in the world, ever.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page