The game (physical or tabletop or virtual) I enjoy playing at the moment

Posted In: Spam. Reading This Thread:

Lucozade Lover

| 8,558 posts

10th May 2017 at 12:22 pm

Lucozade Lover -

I am enjoying a game called Divinity II (PC) at the moment. It is a fantasy role playing game with a mostly open world and quests. The side quests are entertaining (some of them involve things like distracting guards by telling them their love interest wants to see them) and the locations are interesting. I like that there is a magical portal gate system but then I have to think about what each location is called... I am interested to see what happens when my character eventually can transform into a dragon.

edit: I thought my description could have been more useful so I'll add the following:

Perspective is third person. Your character starts in human form and later acquires a dragon form, so there are activities where you are raining fire down on your targets from the sky.

Another key feature is pets. You have a necromancer's creature assembled from body parts. You acquire this through completing quests and collecting the body parts. Additionally you can train skill points in summoning other pets which include ghosts and undead.

The main plot begins with training as your character is a dragon slayer and the last dragons are being hunted down. Later you pursue a character called Damian (cue the dramatic music) who is part human and demon, having had a ritual performed on him as a baby. Prior to the game's time he lead a war against humanity so it is up to your character to prevent him destroying the game world of Rivellon. This is in the same series as Divine Divinity.

Edited by Lucozade Lover May 2017

Lucozade Lover

| 8,558 posts

4th Jun 2017 at 11:09 am

Lucozade Lover -

I am playing Morrowind at the moment. I played it for a little while maybe ten years a go but was intimidated by the scale and felt lost so I didn't stick with it. Now, the open nature of the game, with its open world, and variety of quests, people, and places to explore suit me well.

Morrowind is an old game, released in 2002. It is a role playing game in a first person perspective (although you can switch to third person). There is a lot of political content, with the land you explore dominated by the native Dunmer, or Dark Elves, but this land has become part of an outside Empire, so there are various tensions. Some Dunmer resent the empire, and outsiders. There is also a local law allowing slavery here which doesn't apply in the rest of the empire.

I am playing a lizard lady, or Argonian, a member of a race which has sometimes been enslaved by the Dunmer, so one of the most intriuging story elements I have found so far was discovering an Argonian mission in one of the towns, and then later discovering they were abolitionists helping slaves obtain their freedom. I did discover an Argonian was being held in a dungeon downstairs and I haven't been able to discover why yet. While exploring a small village I met a smuggler who wanted someone to take a slave to their new owner. When I interacted with the slave she told me she was being used as a drug mule and would likely be killed after her arrival, so I took the decision to take her to the Argonian mission, and they rewarded me for doing so, which was a nice surprise.

There is a main plot involving the second coming of a Dunmer hero, but I am more interested in the Two Lamps abolitionist organisation and various other distractions.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page