New Now thinking thread.

Posted In: Spam. Reading This Thread:

the doc

| 23,161 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 11:14 pm

the doc -

Quote: Maeby, Aug 2014
I bet you wore L'eau du swede ...

It were a f*cked up time. Met a woman who was 102 years old while I was there. That's mental.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

20th Aug 2014 at 11:52 pm

Πανδώρα -

Wasps...
*burp*

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

21st Aug 2014 at 7:12 am

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

Aren't we supposed to AT LEAST get some hot gardeners? AT LEAST?!!

Where's this guy when you need him eh?

[http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID5967/images/jesse_metcalfe.jpg]
Wife of the lovely Alice

James

| 315 posts

21st Aug 2014 at 9:08 am

James -

Hey, this year marks an on/off decade of my coming to this website when I should be doing work. First at school, now as a man who thinks about that black mould that needs sorting in the shower.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

21st Aug 2014 at 10:33 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Quote: James, Aug 2014
Hey, this year marks an on/off decade of my coming to this website when I should be doing work. First at school, now as a man who thinks about that black mould that needs sorting in the shower.

And the occasional things we all want to forget

Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

21st Aug 2014 at 11:04 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Condensation. Need more ventilation in your shower room.

That'll be €300 + VAT please. Irish VAT, none of that British VAT nonsense.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

James

| 315 posts

21st Aug 2014 at 2:44 pm

James -

Absolutely.

Quote: Captain Mal Reynolds, Aug 2014

I could hardly ventilate more. I'm already showering with door and window wide open, whatever the weather. Pretty sure the design of the toilet/bathroom ignores some pretty basic planning laws. I'm going to have to pick up a dehumidifier.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

21st Aug 2014 at 3:33 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

You're a mould racist. Why have you discriminated against that fetching shade of pink mould that often comes hand-in-hand with bathrooms? Because you're a mould racist.
Get out of my bathroom, racist.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

the doc

| 23,161 posts

21st Aug 2014 at 4:27 pm

the doc -

Absolutely.

I could hardly ventilate more. I'm already showering with door and window wide open, whatever the weather. Pretty sure the design of the toilet/bathroom ignores some pretty basic planning laws. I'm going to have to pick up a dehumidifier.

It's more or less impossible to stop it happening cos no matter what you do to ventilate it, you're always going to get some condensation from the shower and stuff. You can get some anti-mould paint for the walls/ceiling, but even that has limited effectiveness. It's a total pain in the b*ll*cks trying to get it off the tiles. Ania's after getting a steam cleaner, but me being a total luddite, I won't believe they actually work until I see it in action. Which means if she wants one, she can f*cking pay for it!

Vel

| 23,203 posts

21st Aug 2014 at 5:02 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

How would a steam cleaner (hot, moist air) work on mould that thrives in hot, moist conditions? Unless it's super-hot?

Bleach is a lot easier. Change the pH of the tiles to something the f*ckers can't grow on.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

the doc

| 23,161 posts

21st Aug 2014 at 7:16 pm

the doc -

Quote:
How would a steam cleaner (hot, moist air) work on mould that thrives in hot, moist conditions?

Preaching to the choir, Alice. That's exactly why I've told her if she wants one, she can buy it.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

21st Aug 2014 at 8:41 pm

Πανδώρα -

High pressure steam *would* get rid of it in the short term by blasting it off the surface
But unless you bleach or use something like f10 it'll come straight back
back.

Steam cleaners ain't that good.
And a bottle of bleach and a packet of scouring sponges is a Damn sight bloody cheaper. :-P

A wipe down once or twice a week with a 1:20 solution should help keep on top of it.
We get black mould in the washhouse. Pain in the tits it is too.

Now I might go for a poo.

*burp*

Claire

| 15,814 posts

21st Aug 2014 at 8:46 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

We had mould in en-suite, I went proper mental with some mould and mildew stuff and I haven't seen it since. Not sure it was back mould, mind.

/input
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

21st Aug 2014 at 10:05 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I need my cave
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

22nd Aug 2014 at 8:15 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: the doc, Aug 2014

Absolutely.

It's more or less impossible to stop it happening cos no matter what you do to ventilate it, you're always going to get some condensation from the shower and stuff. You can get some anti-mould paint for the walls/ceiling, but even that has limited effectiveness. It's a total pain in the b*ll*cks trying to get it off the tiles. Ania's after getting a steam cleaner, but me being a total luddite, I won't believe they actually work until I see it in action. Which means if she wants one, she can f*cking pay for it!

Dettol Mould and Mildew cleaner my friend, it removed the black mould from the grout in my bathroom

Claire

| 15,814 posts

22nd Aug 2014 at 10:51 am

That was what I used actually, can vouch

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

22nd Aug 2014 at 2:20 pm

the doc -

Quote: Cooder, Aug 2014

Absolutely.

Dettol Mould and Mildew cleaner my friend, it removed the black mould from the grout in my bathroom

Got some. Still have to scrub the f*cking stuff with a toothbrush though and I haven't got time for that sh*t when me and Ania only have one day a week off together

Claire

| 15,814 posts

22nd Aug 2014 at 11:43 pm

Reading old posts of mine and realising how much of an annoying tw*t I was on occasion. I'm still an annoying tw*t on occasion.

Also now wondering if I've already made a very similar post to this.

Either way, sorry and that.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

22nd Aug 2014 at 11:53 pm

Quote: Claire, Aug 2013
Been reading old posts. What a complete waste of 2 hours that was.

Bit freaked out, said similar post was exactly a year ago...I still ought to go to bed!

the doc

| 23,161 posts

23rd Aug 2014 at 5:33 am

the doc -

Quote: Claire, Aug 2014
Reading old posts of mine and realising how much of an annoying tw*t I was on occasion. I'm still an annoying tw*t on occasion.

Just one of the perils of growing up in public innit.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

23rd Aug 2014 at 7:28 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

This time next Saturday, I'll be at least 4 pints to the wind and on a plane

Emma

| 9,777 posts

23rd Aug 2014 at 8:30 am

Emma - EXTREME!

EXTREME!

Quote: Emma, Aug 2014
Having successfully completed a 5k run with lots of other people, and being dyed all different colours just for fun.

Also seeing my neice & nephews, and laughing at them lots.

Today was a good day.

How could one of the very best days in a long time be followed by the absolute worst? Life's such a b*tch.
Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

Claire

| 15,814 posts

23rd Aug 2014 at 9:36 am

Just one of the perils of growing up in public innit.

Ayyyye. I'm cool with it I guess everyone cringes at past them.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

23rd Aug 2014 at 12:50 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Maudlin Self Pity Post Alert:

My flatmates didn't even notice that I was gone since last Monday. Had I actually been the one lying dead in my bed, I don't know how long it would have been before I was discovered. And considering one of them does his uni work in my Reading Room, that's pitiful.

They didn't even empty the bins or buy bin liners either. Granted, I forgot to buy bin liners too, but there are two of them (this would be the couple).

Other flatmate wants me to nag the landlord about new kitchen countertops or something. F*ck off and leave me alone.

/ me sleeps.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

23rd Aug 2014 at 2:30 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

Maudlin Self Pity Post Alert:

My flatmates didn't even notice that I was gone since last Monday. Had I actually been the one lying dead in my bed, I don't know how long it would have been before I was discovered. And considering one of them does his uni work in my Reading Room, that's pitiful.

They didn't even empty the bins or buy bin liners either. Granted, I forgot to buy bin liners too, but there are two of them (this would be the couple).

Other flatmate wants me to nag the landlord about new kitchen countertops or something. F*ck off and leave me alone.

/ me sleeps.

First off massive hugs, there are loads and loads of us who care about you, forget your stupid flat mates and their ridiculousness.

Also seriously how could they not empty the bins for so long. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM???

/furious

Wife of the lovely Alice

Vel

| 23,203 posts

23rd Aug 2014 at 3:54 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Thanks Wifey I just can't even be angry about it any more.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

23rd Aug 2014 at 8:38 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

This time last month I was happy, had plans.

Oh how life laughs at us. F*cker.

It is like the last 8 years have now come full cycle and landed me in a worse place than Glasgow. I know there are some amazingly supportive people about right now, but I truly have never felt more alone in my entire life.

Edited by Vel Aug 2014
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

24th Aug 2014 at 10:18 am

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

This time last month I was happy, had plans.

Oh how life laughs at us. F*cker.

It is like the last 8 years have now come full cycle and landed me in a worse place than Glasgow. I know there are some amazingly supportive people about right now, but I truly have never felt more alone in my entire life.

Oh gosh - you will be really happy again! I know it! Everything is really close and big, still - it is really difficult to see around, maybe.

Please please please stay strong! Please do not give in! You and Laura and Emma have been so amazing and inspirational!

You are not alone. We are all here! You could call any of us, and we would come and find you! London is not so far, I think! Really truly!

love and hugs and love!
It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

24th Aug 2014 at 10:21 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I am f*cking sick and tired of constantly having to repeat myself to the 5 minute wonder that is Lewisham's At Home crisis team. I found my best friend's corpse, how the f*ck do you think I feel?! Having to repeatedly explain that isn't helping, and nor is being called Chalsey. That's part of my address, not my name, morons.

Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Emma

| 9,777 posts

24th Aug 2014 at 5:00 pm

Emma - EXTREME!

EXTREME!

I wish the Mansun Convention could have lasted forever. Admittedly my liver would have given up pretty quickly but it was awesome and exactly what I needed.

Now I'm back at home on my own eating cake and thinking about things again. Urgh.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

25th Aug 2014 at 9:54 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

(Wow, one of my neighbours was listening to Coldplay a few minutes ago.)

(Edit: Bleurgh, now he's listening to Blurred Lines again.)

Edited by Rayanne Graff Aug 2014
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

25th Aug 2014 at 11:20 am

Carpet Remnant -

Don't want to pour ice on my head, thank you.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

25th Aug 2014 at 6:32 pm

Quote: Carpet Remnant, Aug 2014

YES.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

25th Aug 2014 at 7:37 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

"Your best friend's dead, but there's a bright side!"

Jeff Murdoch on being P*rn Buddies.

Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

26th Aug 2014 at 1:18 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

[http://cdn.diply.com/img/f3af14a5-8b44-4115-8b69-4094727f978d.jpg]

Oh hai, Yewtree!
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

26th Aug 2014 at 8:18 am

Carpet Remnant -

YES.

Done

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

26th Aug 2014 at 4:29 pm

Pope of Chilli Town -

[http://cdn.diply.com/img/f3af14a5-8b44-4115-8b69-4094727f978d.jpg]

Oh hai, Yewtree!

Blimey.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

26th Aug 2014 at 7:52 pm

YES.

Done

George! I was counting on you for solidarity! I appreciate the sentiment of the whole thing but I don't need a bucket of cold water on me head to remind me to donate to charity.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

26th Aug 2014 at 7:57 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

YES.

Done

George! I was counting on you for solidarity! I appreciate the sentiment of the whole thing but I don't need a bucket of cold water on me head to remind me to donate to charity.

It's just me and you now, Claire. Been told I'm going to be nominated in the next few days. Told them in return that it'll be a waste of a nomination as I'm not doing it.

Can't wait until everyone goes back to not really giving a sh*t about MND.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

26th Aug 2014 at 8:01 pm

YES.

Done

It's just me and you now, Claire. Been told I'm going to be nominated in the next few days. Told them in return that it'll be a waste of a nomination as I'm not doing it.

The fella said he's going to use all three nominations on me, I've told him to crack on, not happening. I feel like a grouch but me Mam always told me to say no to peer pressure. I'll still donate to MNDA but £100 is a bit of a stretch.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

26th Aug 2014 at 11:04 pm

Carpet Remnant -

YES.

Done

The fella said he's going to use all three nominations on me, I've told him to crack on, not happening. I feel like a grouch but me Mam always told me to say no to peer pressure. I'll still donate to MNDA but £100 is a bit of a stretch.

I feel like I afforded it exactly the amount of respect it deserved.
I didn't want to do it, as it's absolutely idiotic, but my friend nominated me and I had a day off work and was pretty bored so decided it would fill the time.
Also, my Facebook feed is now split evenly between people pouring ice on themselves and people posting "what a waste of water blah blah blah you're not raising awareness or doing anything for charity mehhhh" and honestly I'm finding the latter group more tiresome

Vel

| 23,203 posts

27th Aug 2014 at 9:16 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Basslines.

"I challenge you to be nice to me on Saturday "

I would have been.

Gah, the one person I want to compare notes with and laugh about the ridiculous scenario and you're f*cking dead. F*ck you, life. F*ck you.

Selective company indeed.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

27th Aug 2014 at 9:19 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

And will you hurry up and check and see that I'm not dead yet and give me my prescription so I'm not actually imprisoned in my flat?

Cheers.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Vel

| 23,203 posts

27th Aug 2014 at 2:35 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Looking back to March: it's crazy to think that we both ended up in Manchester on the same weekend, just doors down from each other.

I wish I'd replied in kind when you texted me and said you missed me. Because I did and I do, more than you will ever know.

Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Claire

| 15,814 posts

27th Aug 2014 at 8:10 pm

YES.

Done

I feel like I afforded it exactly the amount of respect it deserved.
I didn't want to do it, as it's absolutely idiotic, but my friend nominated me and I had a day off work and was pretty bored so decided it would fill the time.
Also, my Facebook feed is now split evenly between people pouring ice on themselves and people posting "what a waste of water blah blah blah you're not raising awareness or doing anything for charity mehhhh" and honestly I'm finding the latter group more tiresome

Mine is pure ice bucket, ice bucket, ice bucket now. People can do what they like, I just don't want to.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

27th Aug 2014 at 10:29 pm

Πανδώρα -

got nominated the other day. not doing it.

unless of course i end up getting done by somoene else as some kind of revenge type thing. although that would end a lot like clarkson's. shouting expletives in my rage.

*burp*

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

27th Aug 2014 at 11:31 pm

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

I got nominated last night.

I really want to try to make it into a Wicked Witch of the West melting thing, but it would be pretty difficult! I would need a trapdoor.

It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

Emma

| 9,777 posts

28th Aug 2014 at 6:31 am

Emma - EXTREME!

EXTREME!

It's alright Emma, all you have to do is keep it together until you leave for Japan.

... there's no f*cking way I can keep going like this for another 6 weeks. No way at all. Not a f*cking chance *bursts*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

28th Aug 2014 at 10:54 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

When i was in the city centre today, i saw someone that looked like Adrian Chiles. Marc and i sometimes go lookalike spotting when we go out, but i don't think i've seen an Adrian Chiles lookalike before. It's usually Keith Barron or Tyler Labine.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Vel

| 23,203 posts

28th Aug 2014 at 10:59 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Don't want to be here.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: