Captain Mal Reynolds

| 11,849 posts

18th May 2012 at 9:30 am

Captain Mal Reynolds - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Hare, May 2012
It is a Barry enjoyable sight

One of the best abuses of mod powers ever. Really raised the Barry
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Captain Mal Reynolds

| 11,849 posts

18th May 2012 at 9:38 am

I aim to misbehave

In other news, Stewart Lee last night was f*cking fantastic. Great show, and he dealt with hecklers better than I've ever seen him do before. Stupid mouthy c*nts though. One woman even got thrown out. She started shouting something repeatedly, leading to Lee repeatedly replying "Huh? What?". She came up to the stage and when he put the microphone down to her, she said "You're cute" and went to try get up on the stage.

It's a comedy show. It is designed to be funny. You chose to come to it. There is no need to shout anything out. There is no need to talk during it. Sit down, shut up and listen. The reason you didn't understand the joke was because you weren't f*cking listening.

Rayanne Graff

| 74,245 posts

19th May 2012 at 12:40 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

i went for a walk and i saw a squirrel.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Captain Mal Reynolds

| 11,849 posts

21st May 2012 at 12:51 pm

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Walt Flanagan, May 2012
I saw Suggs at the airport. Suggs! I've been a massive Madness fan my whole life, and there was Graham McPherson, just behind me in the queue to get across the border, moaning about customs in that rich voice that's gotten more middle class over the years. I didn't want to geek up his night, so I let him be, but it absolutely made a long, long day's travelling better.

I met Stewart Lee after the show and got a book signed. I was hoping this would be a great "I met a famous person story", but it isn't. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: Hey
Stew: Hi, thanks for coming. What's your name?
Me: Barry
Stew: Is that with a -y or an -ie?
Me: -y (Stew begins to sign book).... -ie?
Stew: Yeah, you'd be surprised how many people spell it that way. I always check just in case. It's a lisdningiranmvasihfglarbv;aos (I couldn't understand what he said) (Stew laughs)
Me: ... haha... Cheers, really enjoyed the show.

My one and only conversation with a famous person, someone I truly like and admire, a comedian no less, who made himself laugh during our brief encounter and I couldn't even understand what he said. Hence, not a great story.

It might never have worked out between you and Suggs. Just be glad you saw him and were that close to him.

Captain Mal Reynolds

| 11,849 posts

21st May 2012 at 2:46 pm

I aim to misbehave

Actually, if I had to compare it to one of his previous DVDs, it probably would be closest to 41st Best Stand Up. There was a fair bit of meta stuff, though it's hard to tell how much of that was structured into the show and how much was responding to hecklers.

It's hard to judge the balance of funny versus clever as stand up is always funnier when you're actually there. He definitely wasn't dumbed down, but it wasn't as meta/head-y as Milder Comedian and some of the TV episodes. That being said, it was still very, very clever. I watched 90's Comedian and 41st Best Stand Up over the weekend too, and had watched Stand Up Comedy about two weeks ago. He does seem to be finding more of a middle ground (41st-type comedy) while verging into funny and head-y occasionally.

Πανδώρα

| 15,203 posts

21st May 2012 at 8:23 pm

Πανδώρα -

Had a really good afternoon out with the Anus & the dogs
Wander down to the river, walked along the bank, by the cycle track meeting loads of really cute little dogs (one was a papillon/pomeranian/chihuahua mix, absolutely gorgeous, his ears were amazing) who Jake was really good with as well, despite them jumping up at him.
We went for a wander down to the museum gardens, sat with the mutts on her brothers bench for a while, had a slow wander back up the river with an ice cream
Jake decided once again to roll in a big stinking muddy puddle, but he had a good swim afterwards which got rid of most of it.
When they'd had enough swimming we had a sit down and a natter on the grass with a beer.
Good times.
Even Goof was fetching balls out of the water, and she's never played with a ball in her life.
The weather was really nice too, couldn't have really asked for a better day
*burp*

Rayanne Graff

| 74,245 posts

21st May 2012 at 8:28 pm

River Phoenix

The fiancé bought me passion fruit, mango and Scottish raspberry cheesecake and scones.

Πανδώρα

| 15,203 posts

21st May 2012 at 8:32 pm

Πανδώρα -

Oh yeah, and tea tonight was chips, cheese, beans & gravy

It's like being at school all over again
*burp*

Captain Mal Reynolds

| 11,849 posts

22nd May 2012 at 2:56 pm

I aim to misbehave

Woo Hoo! Almost €300 in mileage paid into my account. Badly needed as I was running out of money between car insurance, car test, car tax, 4 new tyres for the car, diesel for the car, new air freshener for the car (Black Ice), and I also bought myself a Cornetto one day.

Wonder where all my money is going to?

Rayanne Graff

| 74,245 posts

22nd May 2012 at 2:58 pm

River Phoenix

i saw two butterflies today.

((: hello! i see ur messages! my life is cool! how are you? if ur still here
Claire: I'm OK ta, what brings you to these parts? It's been a long time and I often wondered how you were getting on.
((: i'm back because i'm a youth worker now + there are things on here that could do with being swept under the rug, lmao. especially because i used to be a bit more, er. completely useless at not giving out personal information online.
Claire: Well if it helps there is an option now to hide your posts unless someone is signed in
Claire: And I think new sign ups are off
Claire: In your profile there's an option
((: yeah! i've hit that ty <3 I'm just cleaning out stuff a wee bit anyways like, belt and braces.
((: it did mean having to confront my 12 year old poetry but i survived that with the help of a large glass of wine
the doc: F*cking hell, is that Tabby?!
the doc: Always wondered what happened to you
the doc: Hope life's treating you well after all these years. Them were some f*cked up times we lived through.
the doc: Ah man, it was weeks ago. Ah well. If you drop by again, send us a quick PM and let us know how you're doing. I'd love to hear from you. I'm all grown up with kids and everything. Madness.
Luco El Loco: Greetings and salutations for anyone passing through.
SayNotAWord: Does this thing still work?
SayNotAWord: Oh good - I ended up here at the end of a Mega Zine nostalgia rabbit hole
SayNotAWord: Nice to see there's still life in this glorious old place
SayNotAWord: It's ya boy, Parsley Possum
Luco El Loco: Hello
Emma: EVERYBODY DANCE NOW.
Luco El Loco: Wow I haven't heard that one in a while.

Page: