GTA San Andreas

Posted In: Spam. Reading This Thread:

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 12:41 am

Chris Kamara -

How much does this game rule?! Discuss as you wish.

Been playing it for 1 hour 30 minutes and its even better than Vice City! Woo!

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 12:41 am

Chris Kamara -

Also the new Ps2 rules as well. It doesn't make a sound. Belting. and its tinnnnny. Woo!

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 12:48 am

My housemate debated going to one of the midnight openings for GTA:SA, I talked him out of it and speculated on the sort of person who'd go to one...
[http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/joelsaysyeah.gif]

[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/698876.jpg]

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 12:52 am

Chris Kamara -

I nearly didn't go! But the place near me only had 300 copies So I thought i'd best had. When I got there there were maybe 10 people inline. As I was leaving there must have been 4 or 500 hundred. The guys in the shop took pictures.

JM

| 8,289 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 9:20 am

Quote: martin_
How much does this game rule?! Discuss as you wish.

Been playing it for 1 hour 30 minutes and its even better than Vice City! Woo!

Woo, and what was Vice City like?

I still have to complete GTA 3 *sigh*

I've been stuck on a misson for about 6 months.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 9:28 am

Πανδώρα -

i may give it a gander - if they've got it to rent in the extorsionate video shop

screw you theo you robbing git
*burp*

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 9:33 am

Dissimulation -

Which mission? Personally, even with the Rhino I can never seem to get the hang of the vigilante mission..

JM

| 8,289 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 10:02 am

Second Island.

The mission is near the hideout, and you have to steal some jeep (can't remember what they're called, but you get it from around the building site compound) then you drive in and have to rescue this guy.

As soon as you enter they start shooting you, so i have to leave my car and then they take pleasure in killing me. I don't even know where the hell the bloke is at, never mind trying to kill the rest of them.

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 12:28 pm

Chris Kamara -

go buy this game. quickly.

hikey

| 5,865 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 12:52 pm

its the semi automatic stun gun!!!!!!!!!!!! yeehaw

is it not samey?
he aint all there he dont like beans!!!!!!!!!!!

wombat

| 8,154 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 12:59 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

any Britpop toones' in it?
Southern hemispherical rat boy

EvilTongs

| 2,176 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 1:29 pm

Not here much.

I'm doing it the easy way....

I ordered mine through t'internet, it'll be with me either tomorrow or Monday. Much better than trawling the shops, it'll be sold out for weeks.
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap the motherf*cker upside the head.

satansrubberduck

| 7,520 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 5:15 pm

Have Rockstar did their usual with the radio stations? Cause they're funny as hell.

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

29th Oct 2004 at 5:18 pm

Quote: wombat_
any Britpop toones' in it?

It's pre-britpop, although Primal Scream and the Stone Roses crop up on one of the radio stations.

It's quite samey, yeah, but you can never have too much of a good thing. Plus it has all these extra bits like food and the gym and stuff. And it's so f*cking big!

Dissimulation

| 5,671 posts

30th Oct 2004 at 10:56 am

Dissimulation -

Quote: Robin_of_Loxley_
Second Island.

The mission is near the hideout, and you have to steal some jeep (can't remember what they're called, but you get it from around the building site compound) then you drive in and have to rescue this guy.

As soon as you enter they start shooting you, so i have to leave my car and then they take pleasure in killing me. I don't even know where the hell the bloke is at, never mind trying to kill the rest of them.

Ahh..sounds like the one where you steal the cartel cruiser which lets you in to the colombian hideout in Aspatria (stock up on ammo and body armour first). Try and run over the first guy if possible, then get out and nail the rest with the uzi (lock on and keep moving around them). The old oriental guy is in the garage to the right of the entrance (I think) but he has a body guard, so after you've capped that fella, get the oriental chap into the car and drive him back to Donald's apartment.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

31st Oct 2004 at 2:03 pm

Πανδώρα -

i went to get it yesterday ,it was sold out, in every shop i went in, apart from asda but they only had 1 left and some git took it out of my trolly
*burp*

JM

| 8,289 posts

31st Oct 2004 at 2:05 pm

You were robbed.

Thanks for that Jamie. I'll try it when i get time.

Tired/Happy

| 5,601 posts

31st Oct 2004 at 2:11 pm

My brother's supposed to be getting this soon.

At the moment I'm stuck on the Vice City mission where you have to smash all those windows in the mall.
"Sometimes people don't build walls to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to tear them down."
Thom is happy

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

31st Oct 2004 at 2:13 pm

Chris Kamara -

everyone gets stuck on that mission. i did it first time

i'm on about the 20th mission of San Andreas now. keep messing about on motorbikes and big hills

Albi The Racist Dragon

| 7,432 posts

31st Oct 2004 at 2:17 pm

It took me a handful of tries, plan the route round the mall first then stick to it (once round top floor, once round bottom floor). Ignore all the police, and remember you can change clothes halfway round.

Andrew

| 2,639 posts

1st Nov 2004 at 10:37 am

Andrew -

This game has taken over my life, its quite scary. I havent done anything but play it since I got it

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

1st Nov 2004 at 12:47 pm

Captain Stupendo - snarf!

snarf!

I want it badly but i dont have a Ps2 anymore im gona have to wait till it comes out on xbox next year
Never take life seriously.

Andrew

| 2,639 posts

1st Nov 2004 at 12:52 pm

Andrew -

thats a long wait.

Has anyone found the parachute yet? Great fun!

SEE OTHER ACCOUNT

| 1,786 posts

1st Nov 2004 at 2:08 pm

Had it for two days and only done 8 missions. Sweet's Girl one keeps getting me shot. Still, i love Rockstar and have heard 2 Guns N Roses songs so far so props to them for that.

Kaneda

| 875 posts

1st Nov 2004 at 8:20 pm

"twin ceramic rotar drives on each wheel"

my ps2 is broke :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
She played such a sweet rusty trombone, she brought a tear to my eye.

Tired/Happy

| 5,601 posts

1st Nov 2004 at 9:03 pm

I've got San Andreas!

At the moment- I've only played it for about an hour- I personally think Vice City's better. This'll probably change once I play it a bit though.

"Sometimes people don't build walls to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to tear them down."
Thom is happy

Animal

| 32,547 posts

1st Nov 2004 at 9:05 pm

Animal -

Quote: YYY_
thats a long wait.

Has anyone found the parachute yet? Great fun!

It'll be worth it.. i was considering asking for a PS2 for christmas so i could get it, but nah, the x-brick version will probably be ugraded a tad as the last ones were. so im happy to wait.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

3rd Nov 2004 at 10:36 am

Jewbacca -

Quote: TiredHappy_
I've got San Andreas!

At the moment- I've only played it for about an hour- I personally think Vice City's better. This'll probably change once I play it a bit though.

i think the vice city radar thing was much much MUCH better. i keep going to the chicken place thinking its my destination target thing.

Yeah, apart from that, and suspiciously slow cars, SA Rules!

What does your man look like, martin?
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

3rd Nov 2004 at 10:39 am

Jewbacca -

i am, of course, reffering to the guy in the game who has access to a variety of differant clothes/gyms/pizza huts, etc.

(just to clear up any possible innuendo)

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

3rd Nov 2004 at 12:23 pm

snarf!

Ive just read the review in games master magazine, you CAN ACTUALLY FLY A JUMBO JET!!! how cool is that??

Will

| 6,984 posts

3rd Nov 2004 at 12:37 pm

/me seems to be the only person in the world who a) is not talking about GTA and b) hates GTA.

Andrew

| 2,639 posts

8th Nov 2004 at 4:59 pm

Andrew -

made my first million yesterday, Wooo!

I lead a very sad life

Tired/Happy

| 5,601 posts

8th Nov 2004 at 5:29 pm

I beat that guy at a game of pool. Then I literally beat him. With my pool cue.

Quote: DeLorean_

i think the vice city radar thing was much much MUCH better. i keep going to the chicken place thinking its my destination target thing.

Yeah, apart from that, and suspiciously slow cars, SA Rules!

What does your man look like, martin?

The radar thing is crap- it has too much stuff on it.
And yeah, the cars are really crap before you can open up the other areas- and how easily do they get smashed up? It's almost as bad as real life!

And dammit, where is that erotic wedding chaple?
Thom is happy

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

8th Nov 2004 at 5:38 pm

Chris Kamara -

something bad has happened.

i've lost interest in GTA San Andreas.

The story has gone cack, the new city is a nightmare and full of, well, nothing. its too easy to get distracted. I WANT HALO 2. NOW!.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

9th Nov 2004 at 1:14 pm

Jewbacca -

Quote: TiredHappy_
The radar thing is crap- it has too much stuff on it.
And yeah, the cars are really crap before you can open up the other areas- and how easily do they get smashed up? It's almost as bad as real life!

i found out how to turn some of the blips off. hold R1 on the map screen. you can also turn the green/yellow/purple gang territory crap off from there too. that makes it sort of better....

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

9th Nov 2004 at 1:16 pm

Jewbacca -

[quote=martin_ link=1099010475/30#33 date=1099935510]something bad has happened.

i've lost interest in GTA San Andreas.

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

9th Nov 2004 at 3:21 pm

snarf!

HALO 2 is out this friday

Chris Kamara

| 24,049 posts

9th Nov 2004 at 3:22 pm

Chris Kamara -

midnight, gamestation is opening. woo!

Will

| 6,984 posts

9th Nov 2004 at 6:32 pm

halo 2 is out now btw. just in america, probably. not that i think it'll be any more than sh*t and generic, judging by the original.

Tired/Happy

| 5,601 posts

9th Nov 2004 at 6:44 pm

I love the radio stations:

"By that time, the intruder could have had his way with your wife, had a cigarette, flipped her over, and gone in for seconds"

"I just love the batter! All over my face!"
Thom is happy

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page