Adverts

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

the doc

| 23,161 posts

26th Sept 2011 at 12:55 pm

the doc -

Absolutely do my f*cking box in, they do, especially on the telly. I don't watch a lot of TV, thankfully, and the stuff I do watch is usually on Beeb4, but if I'm watching commercial telly they fill me with incandescent rage. Hit the mute button straight off, I do. And there are so f*cking many. Try watching the football on ITV and they manage to fit three commercial breaks into the fiteen minutes between the show starting and the match kicking off. Grrrr.

All this business about f*cking meerkats gets right on my tits as well. Get my insurance with you and get a free toy? Why didn't you f*cking say so, I'd've been using your company all along if I'd've known I could have had some f*cking tat for the privilege. The f*cking book about it sold by the shedload last year as well. Marketing genius. Sell people a book about a fictional animal from a stupid cunting advert in order to pay for moreadverts to sell insurance to the same people. I swear to Christ the majority of people in this country are f*cking retarded. Whoever came up with that will have a job for life at that agency. They also want f*cking shooting if you ask me.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

26th Sept 2011 at 3:16 pm

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Aye. There has been some cracking adverts through the years, but the vast, vast majority are pure dogsh*te and onions. Meerkats, Co Compare, Random barely-a-celebrity advertising something they'd never be seen dead near, Mick Jagger's daughter advertising an eyelash curler that makes your eyelashes so big they could all collectively fill in the gap between her front teeth.... It's all a bunch of bullsh*t.

Rarely even watch tv any more, it's all dvds or downloads for me

This is good though. Not sure if it's an ad or viral marketing, but s'good either way
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

26th Sept 2011 at 3:43 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

(i sometimes mute the TV to avoid adverts. The worst advert is the one about how males shouldn't hit females. As i said on page 111 of Paula's Rants thread and on the 15th of March, 2010, that advert freaks me out. Oh, and there was an advert that annoyed me a few days ago. i can't remember what it was for but it annoyed me that the phrase learning disabilities was used. People should just say disabled as it's less patronising.

Another thing that annoys me about adverts is when they sometimes have adverts that mention C-mas. They should wait until November.

Finally, an advert that annoys me is the Halifax advert where they sing A Hard Day's Night. This might not bother Stu as he isn't a Beatles fan. But i am so it invokes my fruity wrath.)

Edited by Rayanne Graff Sept 2011
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

the doc

| 23,161 posts

26th Sept 2011 at 3:48 pm

the doc -

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Sept 2011
(i sometimes mute the TV to avoid adverts. The worst advert is the one about how males shouldn't hit females. As i said on page 111 of Paula's Eants thread and on the 15th of March, 2010, that advert freaks me out. Oh, and there was an advert that annoyed me a few days ago. i can't remember what it was for but it annoyed me that the phrase learning disabilities was used. People should just say disabled as it's less patronising.

Another thing that annoys me about adverts is when they sometimes have adverts that mention C-mas. They should wait until November.

Finally, an advert that annoys me is the Halifax advert where they sing A Hard Day's Night. This might not bother Stu as he isn't a Beatles fan. But i am so it invokes my fruity wrath.)

Singing on adverts is BAD all round, I reckon, expecially when they take decent songs a f*ck with the words to suit their own nefarious purposes.

Also, what the f*ck is Iggy Pop doing advertising car insurance?! Was disgusted to hear the Pixies on a car advert two or three years back an all. Bleurgh.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

26th Sept 2011 at 3:49 pm

River Phoenix

He's been advertising car insurance for a while, there was a debate about it on The Void.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

26th Sept 2011 at 3:50 pm

the doc -

Aye, I remember. I was probably mouthing off on there about it as well

I really miss the Void, actually, was a great platform for me to shoot me gob off about all sorts of bands.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

26th Sept 2011 at 10:58 pm

River Phoenix

i miss The Void as well. And of course i also miss Zine.

Little Blue Fox.

| 4,256 posts

27th Sept 2011 at 11:27 am

Little Blue Fox. - Hope is important.

Hope is important.

Lots of adverts are really fun and sweet, sometimes, I think.

It hurts too much not to try.
I will see you in another life when we are both cats.
Quod perditum est, in venietur.*Facebook.

Jimmy

| 4,271 posts

1st Oct 2011 at 9:40 pm

Jimmy -

Quote: the doc, Sept 2011
Quote: Rayanne Graff, Sept 2011
(i sometimes mute the TV to avoid adverts. The worst advert is the one about how males shouldn't hit females. As i said on page 111 of Paula's Eants thread and on the 15th of March, 2010, that advert freaks me out. Oh, and there was an advert that annoyed me a few days ago. i can't remember what it was for but it annoyed me that the phrase learning disabilities was used. People should just say disabled as it's less patronising.

Singing on adverts is BAD all round, I reckon, expecially when they take decent songs a f*ck with the words to suit their own nefarious purposes.

Also, what the f*ck is Iggy Pop doing advertising car insurance?! Was disgusted to hear the Pixies on a car advert two or three years back an all. Bleurgh.

I always get depressed when I hear singing on adverts. I think about the poor guy/gal who had the soul-crushing job of singing a song about car insurance or consolidating debts.
I like Jesus but he loves me so it's awkward.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

27th Oct 2011 at 4:27 pm

River Phoenix

i'm sick of adverts that mention C-mas. i wish they'd wait until November.

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

27th Oct 2011 at 7:18 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

Haribo Supermix with the family singing is the worst advert I've ever seen.
Wife of the lovely Alice

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

27th Oct 2011 at 8:10 pm

Roxannie -

Quote: Puffalump, Oct 2011
Haribo Supermix with the family singing is the worst advert I've ever seen.

this.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

20th Nov 2011 at 10:09 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Morrissey has sold himself to an advert. Hypocrite. There could be anything in that boy's box. Even a dead cow.

Captain Stupendo

| 2,235 posts

11th Dec 2011 at 11:15 pm

Captain Stupendo - snarf!

snarf!

I Hate adverts on Youtube! they even interrupt my playlists now, totally breaks my writing mood
Never take life seriously.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

11th Feb 2012 at 10:58 am

River Phoenix

i ended up putting More 4 on a couple of hours ago and i saw an advert for some weight loss thing. It showed a woman who had gone from size 10 to size 6 and another woman who had gone from size 10 to size 4.

As James said about Weight W*tchers in 2009: Still. F*ck them. Who are they to tell anyone to feel about anything?

the doc

| 23,161 posts

12th Feb 2012 at 1:08 pm

the doc -

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Feb 2012
i ended up putting More 4 on a couple of hours ago and i saw an advert for some weight loss thing. It showed a woman who had gone from size 10 to size 6 and another woman who had gone from size 10 to size 4.

As James said about Weight W*tchers in 2009: Still. F*ck them. Who are they to tell anyone to feel about anything?

Totally ridiculous. Why on earth would a size 10 lady feel like she wants to lose weight?

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

12th Feb 2012 at 1:31 pm

River Phoenix

Yeah, the people who made that advert should shut up and eat some pie.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

17th Feb 2012 at 10:07 pm

the doc -

Yeah, the people who made that advert should shut up and eat some pie.

Only just seen this.

Ania says that's my answer to everything - "Get some pies down yer neck, love....."

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

17th Feb 2012 at 10:12 pm

River Phoenix

Well, it seems like a reasonable answer to me. Still, i s'pose i'm biased about pies because of course people from Wigan are known for liking them.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

17th Feb 2012 at 10:28 pm

the doc -

Well, it seems like a reasonable answer to me. Still, i s'pose i'm biased about pies because of course people from Wigan are known for liking them.

And people from where I come from

the doc

| 23,161 posts

22nd Feb 2012 at 8:04 pm

the doc -

I absolutely love this to bits.

So true as well.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

8th Apr 2012 at 8:54 pm

River Phoenix

i'm not keen on the advert where famous people suggest going on holiday in Britain and Ireland. i think it's patronising.

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

16th Apr 2012 at 10:03 pm

Carpet Remnant -

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Apr 2012
i'm not keen on the advert where famous people suggest going on holiday in Britain and Ireland. i think it's patronising.

I think it's racist.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

25th Apr 2012 at 8:38 pm

River Phoenix

i was on a song lyrics site a few hours ago and three adverts came up. The first was for Patti Smith tickets and the second was for Jack White's album. And the third was for a gary glitter album on iTunes. [smilie_barf.gif]

Jimmy

| 4,271 posts

23rd May 2012 at 8:28 pm

Jimmy -

Quote: Captain Stupendo, Dec 2011
I Hate adverts on Youtube! they even interrupt my playlists now, totally breaks my writing mood

Download Adblock:
Firefox
Chrome

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

23rd May 2012 at 10:07 pm

Πανδώρα -

yeah ^ that.

i wondered what the hell everyone was complaining about, turns out anti-banner in KIS stops them from appearing so i've never actually had to sit through an advert to watch a video
*burp*

Jimmy

| 4,271 posts

24th May 2012 at 11:45 am

Jimmy -

Quote: Hare, May 2012
yeah ^ that.

i wondered what the hell everyone was complaining about, turns out anti-banner in KIS stops them from appearing so i've never actually had to sit through an advert to watch a video

I honestly can't imagine having to sit through video ads again. I don't mind regular internet ads as long as they're not the flashing CLICK ME CLICK ME! MEEEEEEP!!! BUY THESE SMILEYS!!! sort, but then a lot of them are these days.

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

24th May 2012 at 5:19 pm

Roxannie -

I can't stand those ones with the talking dog in the ring box.

Anyways, does that chrome adblock get rid of the ads on 4od?

Jimmy

| 4,271 posts

24th May 2012 at 9:51 pm

Jimmy -

Quote: Anniemal, May 2012
I can't stand those ones with the talking dog in the ring box.

Anyways, does that chrome adblock get rid of the ads on 4od?

It sure does.

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

25th May 2012 at 7:58 am

Roxannie -

SOLD.

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

25th May 2012 at 8:05 am

Roxannie -

well there goes my productivity...

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

3rd Jul 2012 at 12:09 pm

River Phoenix

A couple of days ago, i saw Kim Cattrall in an advert for a Super Mario game. What a load of patronising bullsh*t.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

One Page