Things that make you want to bury someone alive

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 6:34 pm

Πανδώρα -

ahhhh. that's what i've ended up with from phones4u.
same contract, only i took the cashback & i'm paying £30 a month, rather than the £25, so i get the gig and don;t use it.
(cashback is supposed to be £100 though? cheeky little sh*te that served us must have pocketed a tenner... ugh.)

i wanted an 18 month contract too, but i'm on 24. he fiddled it so that the £90 we got back, covered the extra £5 a month for 18 months, and he said to go back there after the 18 months for an upgrade, which reeks of bullsh*t.

in the end, i'm not going back to phones4u when i'm due an upgrade.
it's a damn sight easier just to go through the networks stores or over the phone to them.
it's twice they've f*cked us over.

anyway. i spent the afternoon painting my fence.
it's just absolutely hauled it down and i dread to think what it looks like out there now.

there was also a slight mishap with the brush when i was painting a fiddly bit of a hutch.
pictures on facebook if anyone wants to see. it's going to be a right tw*t to get off my glasses.
*burp*

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

7th Sept 2010 at 6:55 pm

Πανδώρα -

i was aware before i went back to them this year... but i wanted the blue x6 >_>
*burp*

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

8th Sept 2010 at 1:28 pm

Delirium Tremens -

I want Alice to have a good day, where no one f*cks her about and she ends it smiling.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

8th Sept 2010 at 2:41 pm

Albert Johanneson - Outside-left

Outside-left

I clicked on the wrong bet on my betfair account, and the stake placed wiped out 2 weeks worth of good work. F*CK.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

9th Sept 2010 at 5:35 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Paula, Sept 2010
I was supposed to meet a friend at the climbing wall at 1.30 today. That was what we agreed yesterday, but as my friend is the worst timekeeper in the world I was't expecting to see him until at least 2. I wasn't the least surprised that he texted to say 'can we make it 2?', I also wasn't surprised that he said he was bringing his girlfriend either. I like her, she's pretty cool and I wouldn't mind getting to know her better.

What has me hacked off is that at 2 he said they were going to be a little late. I said that the place was empty (It was, there were two other people there besides me) and he said they'd hurry. At 2.30 he asked me if I remember how much the shoe hire is and that they were on their way. I was getting impatient by this point but I'd found an interesting problem to keep me occupied. At 3.10 I'd tired myself out and there was still no sign of them. I made up an excuse to leave and got changed.

At just before 3.30 I was heading to the Metro to go home and there they were, all happy and smiley as if nothing was wrong. I got a half-hearted 'sorry, it was his/her fault' off them and a promise to do better next time. I stuck to my excuse and came home

Yeah, late people p*ss me off as it's inconsiderate.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 4:59 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: Puffalump, Sept 2010
Some f*cking c*nt drilled a hole in the padlock on our gate whilst we were on holiday They didn't get it to unlock but I'm still fuming.

Also yesterday a dog sanctuary place were collecting money at the entrance of Tesco and I put some money in the lady's pot (admittedly only a quid cos I only had euros and cents other than that) and she didn't acknowledge me at all, she didn't even look at me. It was really weird. I don't expect such a minor donation to be of much help but still you'd think she'd at least say hello or something!

That's sh** about the dog sanctuary woman; she could've at least said Thank you.

wombat

| 8,154 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 5:18 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

I need a job, I'm going mad.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 6:40 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Overheard from the sales team, while bragging about which of them has read the least

• I haven't read a book since secondary school.
• Well, I never read books. I've got a mobile phone.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

11th Sept 2010 at 6:42 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: LoonyPandora, Sept 2010
Overheard from the sales team, while bragging about which of them has read the least

• I haven't read a book since secondary school.
• Well, I never read books. I've got a mobile phone.

Ugh, that's depressing.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 3:28 am

Outside-left

I've just got in because Hannah's car wouldn't start after work, and it took 1hr 45 minutes for the roadside assistance to turn up.

John Cage Bubblegum

| 6,555 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 1:25 pm

John Cage Bubblegum -

That Renault Clio advert with the c*nt singing along to Chesney Hawkes in his car. What an absolute c*nt.
Peter Kenyon has a medal

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 1:49 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Gordon Cole, Sept 2010
Ever since I downloaded this new version of iTunes it keeps f*cking crashing

It deleted my entire collection of Catch 22. Perhaps more, but I'll never know... Plus the logo is annoying, everything about it is annoying. But there is nothing else...

wombat

| 8,154 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 3:25 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

No matter how many times I set windows seven to tell it I want English (UK) as my default language, it keeps changing it back to English US.

AAARRGGGHHHHH

Southern hemispherical rat boy

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 4:13 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Overuse of the word "Allegedly"

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 5:21 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Annie, Sept 2010
Having been fired by Lloyds TSB and being given a list of lies as the reason, I would just like to inform you all that the management of the LLoyds Banking Group is as a whole, utterly incompetent.

What the f*ck? that's a bit of a sickening turn of affairs - what happened to get you sacked? The real story?

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 7:19 pm

Outside-left

Quote: John Cage Bubblegum, Sept 2010
That Renault Clio advert with the c*nt singing along to Chesney Hawkes in his car. What an absolute c*nt.

This is only going to get worse now that people our age have the entry level positions in advertising agencies.

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 7:20 pm

Outside-left

Overuse of the word "Allegedly"

Add to this;

Actually
Technically
Literally

Albert Johanneson

| 14,477 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 7:39 pm

Outside-left

Quote: Darren, Sept 2010
Quote: Albert Johanneson, Sept 2010
Quote: John Cage Bubblegum, Sept 2010

This is only going to get worse now that people our age have the entry level positions in advertising agencies.

Entry level? You're kidding right?

I was dealing with knobs in advertising back when I worked at GBM who grew up on the same stuff we all did.

Entry level/graduate schemes. I'm tarring them with the same brush. I'm also younger than most of the time-served VR folks, and seemed to watch totally different stuff to them.

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 7:39 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Face it, we're mid to late 20's now. People our age OWN advertising agencies. At least the cool ones. Christ I'm 2 months older than Mark Zuckerberg...

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

12th Sept 2010 at 7:43 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

Quote: Resident Death, Sept 2010
Face it, we're mid to late 20's now. People our age OWN advertising agencies. At least the cool ones. Christ I'm 2 months older than Mark Zuckerberg...

Yeah, why isn't this as successful as Facebook

It's been around longer than Facebook too

Time to face facts people, I suck at the internet.

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: