Things that send you into fits of psychotic, apoplectic rage

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 12:45 am

Πανδώρα -

Quote: Al bundy, Jan 2010
Quote: mr lisa, Jan 2010
Till to me is something they have in a shop that they process transactions through
'til is when something's open 'til, or w.e
Till can also relate to farming.

this is true, but how often does that come up, unless you're talking to farmer Giles over there

"yes, sir, sorry sir, i didn't mean to throw up in your favourite field, sir"
*burp*

Vel

| 23,203 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 12:46 am

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

And I didn't refresh, and can't be arsed re-reading 'cos I'm ever so slightly f*cked (off 1 f*cking pint, what the hell, man?!)

She had penis envy
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Jimmy

| 4,271 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 12:50 am

Jimmy -

Quote: Jimmy, Jan 2010
Quote: Gary Glitter, Jan 2010
Quote: Martoraptor™, Jan 2010
Quote: Pinga, Jan 2010
my car is making a really loud noise and i don't know why i only had it serviced last month and i had to pay for new brake pads then, i really hope nothing else is wrong with it

Is the noise when you slow down? Like a squeal? Just, with you mentioning the brake pads, they can take a while to wear in and can make a terrible noise 'til they do.

TILL.

F*ck you, Martin, I don't love you anymore.
Martin. You need to change your name back to Martool.
'til is acceptable. F*ck anyone who says otherwise. Language alters and is far from set in stone. Care to think otherwise? Then stop using words we've stolen from other languages or that have only seen usage in the last century or two.

[http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/a/ae/Grammar_nazi_cat.jpg]
Thats cats tasche is not
chaplain-esque enough to warrant the name
of grammar Nazi.

There's a waaaambulance on its way
I like Jesus but he loves me so it's awkward.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 8:25 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Anyone who uses ANY form of internet abbreviation has vetoed ALL rights to pass comment on grammar and spelling. FACT.

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 8:31 am

Dinglebutt - I aim to misbehave

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Ted 'Smooth' Bundy, Jan 2010
Anyone who uses ANY form of internet abbreviation has vetoed ALL rights to pass comment on grammar and spelling. FACT.

Thats true. It was added to the constitution in the early 90's when the internet began to get more popular. The Queen (or someone dressed as The Queen) even did some ceremony with a sword.

Another reason why I don't think she's real. Constantly has a sword, never actually uses it. She just taps people on the shoulder. No need for a sword. Use a stick or laser pointer
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoë: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 8:33 am

Animal -

This.

I was sorely tempted to just quote and use QFT, but thought better of this based on the fact it completely undermines the point Walsh is making.
http://www.dasburros.com

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Animal

| 32,547 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 8:34 am

Animal -

Quote: Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, Jan 2010

Thats true. It was added to the constitution in the early 90's when the internet began to get more popular. The Queen (or someone dressed as The Queen) even did some ceremony with a sword.

Another reason why I don't think she's real. Constantly has a sword, never actually uses it. She just taps people on the shoulder. No need for a sword. Use a stick or laser pointer
Don't you have a sword Barry? Do YOU use yours?

The world isn't run by weapons anymore, or energy, or money. It's run by little rabbits and zeroes, little bits of data. It's all just electrons.

Cycling Antics

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 8:40 am

I aim to misbehave

Don't you have a sword Barry? Do YOU use yours?

Ask the pile of Daddy Long Legs' legs I have piled up in the corner of the room. Oh wait, you can't... because legs don't talk

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 9:10 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

This.

I was sorely tempted to just quote and use QFT, but thought better of this based on the fact it completely undermines the point Walsh is making.

I missed out an "EVER" in my original post obv. Till? Til? Like I, or anyone should give a F*CK, I've got more important things to worry about.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 9:19 am

Animal -

This.

I missed out an "EVER" in my original post obv. Till? Til? Like I, or anyone should give a F*CK, I've got more important things to worry about.
We both know thats a blatent lie Phil.

Admit it, you spend your days contemplating your naval and whinging about being asked to do trivial jobs like migrating entire mail servers or active directory setups to new boxes.

Cycling Antics

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 9:20 am

I aim to misbehave

This.

You mean to tell me you still haven't decided what you're going to dress up as for Halloween? It's only 9 months away man!

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 9:47 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

This.

We both know thats a blatent lie Phil.

Admit it, you spend your days contemplating your naval and whinging about being asked to do trivial jobs like migrating entire mail servers or active directory setups to new boxes.

YOU SPELLED "BLATANT" WRONG!!! DIE!

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 9:53 am

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Darren also spelled navel wrong; naval means of or relating to ships.

Ooh, unless Phil has a ship, which would be cool.
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 9:54 am

I aim to misbehave

Quote: Rayanne Graff, Jan 2010

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 10:16 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Coupled with

Dinglebutt

| 11,949 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 10:25 am

I aim to misbehave

So long as you don't

(your pants, not mine)

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 10:52 am

Jewbacca -

my car is making a really loud noise and i don't know why i only had it serviced last month and i had to pay for new brake pads then, i really hope nothing else is wrong with it

Is the noise when you slow down? Like a squeal? Just, with you mentioning the brake pads, they can take a while to wear in and can make a terrible noise 'til they do.

TILL.

'til is acceptable. F*ck anyone who says otherwise. Language alters and is far from set in stone. Care to think otherwise? Then stop using words we've stolen from other languages or that have only seen usage in the last century or two.

Darren. I know. It's an injoke with Claire as I like to wind her up sometimes. This is why she changed my name to Martool in the first place
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Animal

| 32,547 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 10:53 am

Animal -

You can all just suck my fat one.

I follow my own rules of spelling and grammar, if you don't like it. Tough.

Cycling Antics

Animal

| 32,547 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 10:54 am

Animal -

Quote: Martoolraptor™, Jan 2010

TILL.

Darren. I know. It's an injoke with Claire as I like to wind her up sometimes. This is why she changed my name to Martool in the first place

And this is why injokes in a public location, thats accessible by the masses is a dumb idea.

Cycling Antics

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 10:55 am

River Phoenix

Quote: Lisbeth Salander, Jan 2010
"'Til" is a contraction of "until" and is therefore grammatically correct. As is "ca'n't" even though it looks wrong.

I personally use "'til" (as does Colin). And if Colin uses it, it must be right

i use until. That's just my personal preference, though.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 10:56 am

Jewbacca -

TILL.

And this is why injokes in a public location, thats accessible by the masses is a dumb idea.

Not really, I was just successful in winding even more people up

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 11:01 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

TILL.

Ahh yes that old chestnut, the REVERSE. Not. Fooling. Anyone.

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 11:03 am

Jewbacca -

TILL.

Besides, 'til isn't acceptable anyway.

Animal

| 32,547 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 11:16 am

Animal -

TILL.

Besides, 'til isn't acceptable anyway.

Your FACE isn't acceptible.

Cycling Antics

Carpet Remnant

| 11,715 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 11:28 am

Carpet Remnant -

OH GOD please stop the grammar discussion before I kill myself.

Pope of Chilli Town

| 12,089 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 11:44 am

Pope of Chilli Town -

Quote: Randal Graves, Jan 2010

Grammar = The cause of the pointlessly nerdy.

the doc

| 23,161 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 1:40 pm

the doc -

Delirium Tremens

| 1,875 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 2:17 pm

Delirium Tremens -

Nose hair. F*cking nose hair. And plucking it out. Should I even be getting this aged twenty? Surely I should still be a fresh faced tweenager who only has to shave once a month?

Oh my christ, that's an unpleasant way to spend half an hour.

learrggh

| 5,670 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 3:04 pm

learrggh -

where is mister grumbles.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 4:06 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

Bloody boiler.

May need to borrow some of your firm's paper, Phil. If you'd be so kind
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

the doc

| 23,161 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 4:19 pm

the doc -

Quote: Lisbeth Salander, Jan 2010
Bloody boiler.

May need to borrow some of your firm's paper, Phil. If you'd be so kind

B*st*rds.

We had the same bother in 2008. Told them that the boiler was broken and the heating wasn't working in September. They finally fixed it in April. I'd like to send my landlord on a naked holiday to Siberia.

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 4:41 pm

Πανδώρα -

people who don't wear bras.
Or more, people who stand in front of you & talk without one

Plz. Tutors, strap them up, it's... Really not nice...

Also, my neck is knackered from falling asleep in nutrition. Kalms are b*ll*cks. I'm going onto the sominex starting sunday. Need to sleep at decent times, dreams or no.
*burp*

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 7:28 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

Nah it's actually when I accelerate. It's a really loud roaring noise. Anyhow I'm not driving anywhere else until it's been checked. I drove to work today and feared break down constantly poor little car.
Wife of the lovely Alice

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 8:08 pm

Πανδώρα -

FFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffff

the stuff emma just told me. can't even f*cking say what it is here, but how much of a f*cking psycho do you have to be to do that?

if he's done that, f*ck knows what else he'd be capable of

jesus man... i wanna go break his face right now.
*burp*

Puffalump

| 22,943 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 9:30 pm

Puffalump - Because cake is happiness

Because cake is happiness

yep actually broken. either need somewhere to weld the parts together for me or buy a whole new part. f*ck, this is expense i could have done without

stupid f*cking weather corroding metal
Wife of the lovely Alice

Vel

| 23,203 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 10:11 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

I want a boiler that works. I want services provided that I'm paying for in my rent.

It's not too much to ask for.

And yeah, no Prozac for 48 hours and already I've had 2 panic attacks and... um... other withdrawal symptoms
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 10:16 pm

Roxannie -

when my doctor went on his christmas holiday my prescription for citalopram ran out and I went nearly a week without it, by which point I was constantly dizzy and having migraines.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 10:25 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

It's so stupid. I hate being dependent. I wasn't even in situations that would normally cause me to panic- my heart just started racing and beating really hard in my rib-cage, I went dizzy and started hyperventilating.

Gah.

Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Roxannie

| 12,431 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 10:33 pm

Roxannie -

if you're expecting to have a panic attack, it makes you notice stuff in your body more that you wouldn't normally, like if your heart's going a bit faster than normal, and then you go "I'm about to have a panic attack! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!" and it triggers one.

My mum got me a book from the library on panic attacks. There were a few to choose from, and she went with the one that had cartoons on every page.

Claire

| 15,814 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 10:43 pm

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

I like it when I'm thinking something whilst reading a thread, and then you say it
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 11:31 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: the doc, Jan 2010

Still, at least it means that we know that Phil has a ship.

Jimmy

| 4,271 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 11:34 pm

Jimmy -

Strawberry makes a very good point.

Rayanne Graff

| 76,001 posts

29th Jan 2010 at 11:44 pm

River Phoenix

Quote: Jimmy, Jan 2010

Strawberry makes a very good point.

Yes, that's usually the case.

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

30th Jan 2010 at 12:03 am

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

Sorry for TMI but......raaage

Its a full moon.............i get horny at full moons..............f*cking TOM ¬____¬

Πανδώρα

| 15,327 posts

30th Jan 2010 at 12:07 am

Πανδώρα -

pffft. if you're that horny, just do it anyway & have a bath after
*burp*

Debs|OWA

| 6,513 posts

30th Jan 2010 at 12:12 am

Debs|OWA - Scree

Scree

Quote: mr lisa, Jan 2010
pffft. if you're that horny, just do it anyway & have a bath after

nah. I know some people say its good but the idea of having sex whilst on my period is a complete turn off

Claire

| 15,814 posts

30th Jan 2010 at 12:12 am

Claire - Darren is most certainly not my god!

Darren is most certainly not my god!

It's not even that messy if you're desperate. You could always just do it in the shower if you're a wuss.
Coloured Lilac And Insults Rarely E(Anymore)

Quote: Claire, Jun 2005
Basically, I'm just mangling and regurgitating what everyone's already said.

I’m really glad that the quote in my signature is a teenager.
Joint best Mod 2009. Officials.

Winner of most longstanding mod in the history of the internet. Or at least most resillient/lifelacking VR staff member 2012.

Paula

| 4,556 posts

30th Jan 2010 at 12:53 am

Paula - King of Knights

King of Knights

It's f*cking snowing again. And it's setting. f*ck f*ck f*ck

Jimmy

| 4,271 posts

30th Jan 2010 at 11:48 am

Jimmy -

F*cking hell, I really wish she'd turn that sh*t music down; it's eating my f*cking soul.

Vel

| 23,203 posts

30th Jan 2010 at 1:17 pm

Vel - Marry me?

Marry me?

It's f*cking cold. And I want to go out, and I can't because the f*cking boiler man doesn't have the keys. So I'm stuck and it's COLD.
Wife of Amy, Sex Goddess

Πανδώρα: Beefy cheesemas to all, and to all a gravy brie
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
IGH: Just who was The Brigadier
ratammer: squeak
IGH: Wibble
Vel: *sigh*
Emma: Hi VR...
Princess Psycho: Hi I am back in the UK so how are everyone been keeping. Has Fluffy had that little accident yet?
Claire: SHOUTBOX OF VRRRRRR
Rayanne Graff: Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Lucozade Lover: Happy New Year!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Happy new year <3
Claire: BOXSHOUT
Rayanne Graff: Happy Easter.
Emma: So… Posting a new thread is Fission Mailing… so I’m putting this here.
Emma: I know there aren’t many people looking at this anymore… but I have made the decision to stop paying for the VR hosting and to let the domain lapse.
Emma: I think it will be going offline around the end of May
Emma: It’s been almost 10 years since James passed away… and I feel like it’s time.
Emma: A lot of the regulars can be found on the VR veterans group on Facebook - if you see this and you’re not in there, come join us.

Page: