Singledom

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

Topper

| 6,773 posts

7th Jan 2016 at 9:59 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Quote: the doc, Jan 2016
Quote: Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dec 2015
Quote: the doc, Dec 2013
Quote: Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dec 2013
The following, re: Rebekka adding me to FB and us having our first convo...

Epic win night tonight. Well, not epic win but the point is I've had a good experience tonight. I arrived home from a few post-work drinks and logged onto Facespaz before bed and recieved a friend request complete with accompanying message from this rather nice looking German sounding girl saying she saw my PoF profile and thought I seemed really nice and witty (lolz, joke's on her). I sent her a reply message which I f*cked up quite badly so luckily she was on FB chat and I tried, jokingly to try and get her to forget the message and a convo ensued. But it was a really really good conversation. I was, as I tend to be after 2 or 3 drinks, at my wittiest (still not witty, just witty for me) and the banter was awesome, she is just adorable, really funny, sweet and smart and also seemed to be inexplicably into me. We've already exchanged numbers and texts and I think we'll be seeing each other soon. She's originally from germany and teaches German (as well as speaking 3 other languages) at a comp in Brum. I'm in love.

...is just mental to read back now; we're now engaged, planning a wedding and saving for a deposit for a house. Reading it genuinely freaked me out.

Also, you all did well not to tell me how much of an absolute tw*t I was with my pathetic pining and worrying earlier in this thread. Seriously, I needed a slap.

Swish. Glad it's all worked out for you dude.

There will be posts on here about when I first met Ania too (not in this thread, like), and look how that turned out......house, wedding, trips to the States and our son is going to be one in a fortnight

Update here is that I did a baby in her and now I have a baby boy called Felix and once he wore a xmas hat (yesterday) and that was really cute.

We did get married too - that did happen. We then did buy the house too. I'm like a proper person now.

Comes to most of us in the end. I've got two - count 'em! - kids now, and the oldest is three next week

Congratultions, our kid.

Cheers, bud - hope you're well
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Topper

| 6,773 posts

25th Feb 2018 at 12:25 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Quote: Topper, Jan 2016
Quote: the doc, Jan 2016
Quote: Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dec 2015
Quote: the doc, Dec 2013
Quote: Lord Havelock Vetinari, Dec 2013
The following, re: Rebekka adding me to FB and us having our first convo...

Epic win night tonight. Well, not epic win but the point is I've had a good experience tonight. I arrived home from a few post-work drinks and logged onto Facespaz before bed and recieved a friend request complete with accompanying message from this rather nice looking German sounding girl saying she saw my PoF profile and thought I seemed really nice and witty (lolz, joke's on her). I sent her a reply message which I f*cked up quite badly so luckily she was on FB chat and I tried, jokingly to try and get her to forget the message and a convo ensued. But it was a really really good conversation. I was, as I tend to be after 2 or 3 drinks, at my wittiest (still not witty, just witty for me) and the banter was awesome, she is just adorable, really funny, sweet and smart and also seemed to be inexplicably into me. We've already exchanged numbers and texts and I think we'll be seeing each other soon. She's originally from germany and teaches German (as well as speaking 3 other languages) at a comp in Brum. I'm in love.

...is just mental to read back now; we're now engaged, planning a wedding and saving for a deposit for a house. Reading it genuinely freaked me out.

Also, you all did well not to tell me how much of an absolute tw*t I was with my pathetic pining and worrying earlier in this thread. Seriously, I needed a slap.

Swish. Glad it's all worked out for you dude.

There will be posts on here about when I first met Ania too (not in this thread, like), and look how that turned out......house, wedding, trips to the States and our son is going to be one in a fortnight

Update here is that I did a baby in her and now I have a baby boy called Felix and once he wore a xmas hat (yesterday) and that was really cute.

We did get married too - that did happen. We then did buy the house too. I'm like a proper person now.

Comes to most of us in the end. I've got two - count 'em! - kids now, and the oldest is three next week

Congratultions, our kid.

Cheers, bud - hope you're well

Life update: Married amazing German woman, bought a house together and we have a 2 year old son together. I ended our relationship last October as I was really unhappy to the point I was finding reasons to go home late so I didn't have to see her. I know this is bad and i did not communicate enough with her during the last year of our relationship. She is now actively looking for a job back up north and she will of course be taking our son with her, which i knew would happen.

The one thing I take solace from is that despite the fact it has ended badly and i will be a weekend Dad to our son, I have not regretted the decision once. It's all that keeps me going sometimes.
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

the doc: Hope life's treating you well after all these years. Them were some f*cked up times we lived through.
the doc: Ah man, it was weeks ago. Ah well. If you drop by again, send us a quick PM and let us know how you're doing. I'd love to hear from you. I'm all grown up with kids and everything. Madness.
Luco El Loco: Greetings and salutations for anyone passing through.
SayNotAWord: Does this thing still work?
SayNotAWord: Oh good - I ended up here at the end of a Mega Zine nostalgia rabbit hole
SayNotAWord: Nice to see there's still life in this glorious old place
SayNotAWord: It's ya boy, Parsley Possum
Luco El Loco: Hello
Emma: EVERYBODY DANCE NOW.
Luco El Loco: Wow I haven't heard that one in a while.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: I was in the shower and "Fluff The Evil One" randomly floated through my mind so I thought I'd stop by, hi 'ziners!
Captain Spiky: Considering I haven't been on this site for over a decade, I find it mildly terrifying that I still have an average of 1.71 posts per day...
Captain Spiky: I miss this place... Much loveage to anybody reading this x
Graham: Passing through, hope you beautiful lot are doing well!
Rayanne Graff: Bye; peace to small Christmas trees.
Cooder: HIYA!
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: Friday night just thinkin' about sharing jaffa cakes with WLW... <3
Maeby: Almost 4 years. Where did the time go?
Cooder: Time flies Alice.

Page: