Singledom

Posted In: Rants. Reading This Thread:

wombat

| 8,154 posts

7th Dec 2009 at 12:03 pm

wombat - Technically sexy.

Technically sexy.

Ever noticed how you treat people different based on how attractive they are.

For example, if an attractive person you don't know smiles at you on the street you think 'aww, they're nice' but if they aren't attractive you just think they are weird.
Southern hemispherical rat boy

Jewbacca

| 6,793 posts

7th Dec 2009 at 4:08 pm

Jewbacca -

Quote: Valerie Holliday, Dec 2009
Quote: wombat, Dec 2009
Ever noticed how you treat people different based on how attractive they are.

For example, if an attractive person you don't know smiles at you on the street you think 'aww, they're nice' but if they aren't attractive you just think they are weird.

Apparently scientific testing shows people would give a longer sentence to an unattractive person than an attractive person for the same crime too.
Bring back eugenics I say.

Unless it's a woman and the crime is fraud-related, in which case the more attractive ones get longer sentences.
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

LoonyPandora

| 17,916 posts

7th Dec 2009 at 9:10 pm

LoonyPandora - Daft Cow?

Daft Cow?

I've been told (because everyone has their input these days) that the best time to meet someone is actually a few months after you've finished and you can't be arsed to try anymore so you're more yourself than any other time. Who agrees with this?

I can attest to the truthiness of that statement.

Also, from a conversation I had with James today, does it make a difference whether you're the dumper or dumpee on how easy you find it to get back into the swing of dating/rebounding?

Took me less time as the dumper to get back into the swing of things. Though it didn't work out well, maybe it only appears to take less time when you are the dumper, when in actual fact you ain't ready for the same length of time.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

7th Dec 2009 at 10:16 pm

Topper - Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Dismantling a person is sometimes necessary...

Quote: LoonyPandora, Dec 2009
Also, from a conversation I had with James today, does it make a difference whether you're the dumper or dumpee on how easy you find it to get back into the swing of dating/rebounding?

Took me less time as the dumper to get back into the swing of things. Though it didn't work out well, maybe it only appears to take less time when you are the dumper, when in actual fact you ain't ready for the same length of time.

I think, depressingly, this may be exactly right.

2nd date tomorrow, wish me luck!

Edited by LoonyPandora Dec 2009
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

http://www.myspace.com/toppercutter

Rayanne Graff

| 74,479 posts

8th Dec 2009 at 12:08 pm

Rayanne Graff - River Phoenix

River Phoenix

Quote: Abacus, Dec 2009
Quote: LoonyPandora, Dec 2009

I think, depressingly, this may be exactly right.

2nd date tomorrow, wish me luck!

Good luck. [thumbs-up.gif]

Edited by LoonyPandora Dec 2009
*[http://www.vegetablerevolution.co.uk/uploads/549604.jpg]*

Topper

| 6,773 posts

8th Dec 2009 at 2:36 pm

That it appears to take less time if I'm honest.

And thanks, although there's a chance it might not happen now as she's got illness
I hope some day, for some reason, David Duchovny is investigated by the FBI. Because that would make a great story.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

16th Dec 2009 at 12:00 am

Quote: Bob Flapper, Dec 2009
Quote: Abacus, Dec 2009
That it appears to take less time if I'm honest.

And thanks, although there's a chance it might not happen now as she's got illness

Sh*t. Probably aids.

Oh and is she on lotus notes? I'll steal her from under your comedy nose, RBS style motherjamma!

Me and Alex are work e-mail buddies. It kind of fills the womanly shaped gap in our lives.

She isn't on lotus notes, she's a relative newbie. You could try and steal her but you'd be competing with me, which, let's be honest, is always going to end in embarassment for you

Nothing else to report on the single life btw, I think being single is actually underrated, all this amazing FREEDOM.

Topper

| 6,773 posts

16th Dec 2009 at 12:08 am

Yeah, it's like tonight I was thinking, if I had a girlfriend I'd have to be thinking about my explanation as to why my shoes were covered in sick.

((: it did mean having to confront my 12 year old poetry but i survived that with the help of a large glass of wine
the doc: F*cking hell, is that Tabby?!
the doc: Always wondered what happened to you
the doc: Hope life's treating you well after all these years. Them were some f*cked up times we lived through.
the doc: Ah man, it was weeks ago. Ah well. If you drop by again, send us a quick PM and let us know how you're doing. I'd love to hear from you. I'm all grown up with kids and everything. Madness.
Luco El Loco: Greetings and salutations for anyone passing through.
SayNotAWord: Does this thing still work?
SayNotAWord: Oh good - I ended up here at the end of a Mega Zine nostalgia rabbit hole
SayNotAWord: Nice to see there's still life in this glorious old place
SayNotAWord: It's ya boy, Parsley Possum
Luco El Loco: Hello
Emma: EVERYBODY DANCE NOW.
Luco El Loco: Wow I haven't heard that one in a while.
Crinkle-Cut Beatroot: I was in the shower and "Fluff The Evil One" randomly floated through my mind so I thought I'd stop by, hi 'ziners!
Captain Spiky: Considering I haven't been on this site for over a decade, I find it mildly terrifying that I still have an average of 1.71 posts per day...
Captain Spiky: I miss this place... Much loveage to anybody reading this x
Graham: Passing through, hope you beautiful lot are doing well!
Rayanne Graff: Bye; peace to small Christmas trees.
Cooder: HIYA!

Page: